FL-W&M/TargetSmart: Clinton +8 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:40:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FL-W&M/TargetSmart: Clinton +8 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-W&M/TargetSmart: Clinton +8  (Read 19748 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 01, 2016, 09:51:42 PM »

How stupid are people Red Hacks of Iowa Atlas? @ Mr. Trump

Roll Eyes

This election is over!!!!!1111

Look at the poll's methodology and find the flaw. I've been pointing out important methodological factors towards the credibility of this poll. Rather than hurling personal insults en masse, go and find something to discuss.

Don't wrestle with pigs, Arch. I must ask you, though, that R crossover #....there's just no way, is there? There aren't enough Latino Rs to make that a reality. FL educated white crossover just can't be that high, right?

It's actually absolutely plausible and jives with what the Latino Poll has been finding with Hispanic voter numbers in FL that weren't reflected in typical polling, and I'll tell you why. Two reasons:

1) New Puerto Rican population influx over the years (heavy D)
2) Cuban Republicans (one of the most R Hispanic communities in the US) splitting tickets at the top because Trump is just that toxic

Cuban Republicans are a major reason why FL is still competitive for Republicans despite the huge Hispanic population. The crossover vote reveals what would happen to FL if R Cubans crossed over completely, which is something that has been happening cross-generationally, but not with the more reliable older voters who are splitting tickets this year.

I'm not going to put FL in the bag quite yet, however EV numbers appear to indicate an enormous growth of first-time GE voters, as well as some irregulars thrown in, and yes you are absolutely correct that FL will look more like a D +4 -5 State IF there is a dramatic collapse of Cuban Republican support, combined with a massive influx of Puerto Rican voters, as well as Mexican-Americans and Latinos from the Islands voting in large numbers.... not to mention a not small grab-bag of Angry Anglo Women, that would not infrequently vote Republican in Presidential Elections, that don't like what they see in 2016.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies