absentee/early vote thread, part 2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:43:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  absentee/early vote thread, part 2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: absentee/early vote thread, part 2  (Read 111839 times)
PollsDontLie
nirvanayoda
Rookie

« on: November 02, 2016, 03:01:58 PM »

When one side has to say the polls are skewed (even with this early voting analysis), it usually ends up poorly for that side.  I want to see Hillary lose -- note that I didn't say I wanted to see Trump win -- but I'm not going to paint a picture that everything is lovely when almost every reputable poll says that she has a giant EV lead.

That said, it's possible that those numbers adjust over the course of the next week and on election day.  Let's hope for the best.
PollsDontLie
nirvanayoda
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 07:32:43 PM »

This is why ALL states should just go all-mail. It increases turnout. It's efficient and reduces wait times.

There is no plausible argument against it.
It makes the ballot less secret. There are many women who say they are voting republican in front of their husbands to avoid conflict, but in the privacy of a booth vote differently.

Since mail-in periods are long enough, I can't imagine why that would be so problematic. They can find their own private time to mail it.

Voting is very easy. There are ridiculous numbers of polling places, and early and absentee voting in most states, etc. If someone can't handle putting in the thought on how to vote, they probably also haven't put enough thought into who they are going to vote for. I'm not sure I want that person voting for the leader of the free world.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies