Note to jfern
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:44:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Note to jfern
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Note to jfern  (Read 2144 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 07, 2005, 08:04:21 PM »

I've glanced over a few of your posts here and I see an alarming consistency, that you are more interested in seeing today's attacks as some sort of political oppurtunity or issue, somehow seeing this as Bush's fault, somehow seeing this as preventable.

See now you've posted probably 100 times today, alot on the subject of the London terrorist attack.  Most of these are along the lines of "I really do wish that Bush had spent more time actually going after Al Qaeda."  and trying to minimize the grief the British must feel because the number of fatalities is relatively low in relation to say, 9-11.  You're more interested in blaming the Republicans for this that showing any remorse or support for the British people.  And that would be one thing if it happened on your soil, on US soil, where the American government could have done anything about it.

Just, please, accept the fact that this probably was unpreventable, and laso that people on the American right aren't happy that this happened.  Trust me, they're not.  And when you see people like salty say that his heart goes out to the British people, you see the mentality that most Americans do have, and certainly should have right now.  Which is not the mentality that you obviously possess.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 08:05:13 PM »

Wow, first time I've agreed with Tweed in forever.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 08:08:05 PM »

Hear, Hear!

And I second what Ken said.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 08:17:25 PM »

I've glanced over a few of your posts here and I see an alarming consistency, that you are more interested in seeing today's attacks as some sort of political oppurtunity or issue, somehow seeing this as Bush's fault, somehow seeing this as preventable.
No, that's Fox.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Going after Al Qaeda more would have helped in general.

I didn't say it was preventable. What I did say was Iraq was a distraction from the real War on Terror.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 08:18:08 PM »

I am getting rather annoyed at the "We shouldn't criticize Bush" posts.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 08:21:01 PM »

You shouldn't criticize Bush on the night of a terrorist attack that happened in a country he isn't responsible for.

"I've glanced over a few of your posts here and I see an alarming consistency, that you are more interested in seeing today's attacks as some sort of political oppurtunity or issue, somehow seeing this as Bush's fault, somehow seeing this as preventable."

And how is that FOX?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 08:22:57 PM »

You shouldn't criticize Bush on the night of a terrorist attack that happened in a country he isn't responsible for.
Yeah, I should wait another 3 years like the ing America media did. What a great plan. What would you have been saying after the Reichstag fire in 1933?

I didn't say you are Fox.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 08:25:57 PM »

Good post Boss Tweed, but sadly, your words are wasted on someone like the subject poster.  I agree with your sentiments though.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 08:26:26 PM »

He didn't say you did.  He was referring to your comment that politicizing todays event was FOX (as in News).
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 08:30:43 PM »

When I said 'I've glanced over a few of your posts here and I see an alarming consistency, that you are more interested in seeing today's attacks as some sort of political oppurtunity or issue, somehow seeing this as Bush's fault, somehow seeing this as preventable.' you said "no, that's FOX."  Please explain that comment, I don't understand it.

Also I think what you are saying about reichstag is that Bush is to today's attacks as Hitler was to reichstag.  Hitler didn't set off the fire but took advantage of the situation.  I don't see how that applies to today's events, however, and the actions that made Hitler a sick sob had to do witrh what transpired in the years after the fire and not the day of the fire.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 09:32:26 PM »

I agree, Tweed.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 11:03:10 PM »

See now you've posted probably 100 times today, alot on the subject of the London terrorist attack.  Most of these are along the lines of "I really do wish that Bush had spent more time actually going after Al Qaeda."  and trying to minimize the grief the British must feel because the number of fatalities is relatively low in relation to say, 9-11.  You're more interested in blaming the Republicans for this that showing any remorse or support for the British people.  And that would be one thing if it happened on your soil, on US soil, where the American government could have done anything about it.

Just, please, accept the fact that this probably was unpreventable, and laso that people on the American right aren't happy that this happened.  Trust me, they're not.  And when you see people like salty say that his heart goes out to the British people, you see the mentality that most Americans do have, and certainly should have right now.  Which is not the mentality that you obviously possess.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2005, 12:07:15 AM »

When I said 'I've glanced over a few of your posts here and I see an alarming consistency, that you are more interested in seeing today's attacks as some sort of political oppurtunity or issue, somehow seeing this as Bush's fault, somehow seeing this as preventable.' you said "no, that's FOX."  Please explain that comment, I don't understand it.

Also I think what you are saying about reichstag is that Bush is to today's attacks as Hitler was to reichstag.  Hitler didn't set off the fire but took advantage of the situation.  I don't see how that applies to today's events, however, and the actions that made Hitler a sick sob had to do witrh what transpired in the years after the fire and not the day of the fire.

Fox has already shamelessly exploited this for political gain. As for the Reichstag fire, I wasn't so much trying to compare things as wondering if you'd be acting the same way then, that we shouldn't criticize the government. Why shouldn't I criticize Bush whenever I want?

Also, irrelevant point, but it's not really known either way whether Hitler was involved in the Reichstag Fire.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2005, 12:19:05 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2005, 12:29:20 AM by Cranky Vorlon Planet Killer »

Boss, you are 100% correct.

It is pretty darn rare for me to specifically comment on any individual.  I've been kicking around this board now maybe a year and a half, and I suspect this may be only the 3rd or 4th time...

I guess todays events merit an exception.

When somebody sees an event like what happened in London today and thinks first of political advantage and then only later (if at all) about the magnitude of the death and carnage, well, that person should be met with pity not scorn. 

Their heart is empty, they have been so blinded by hatred that hatred is all they have left.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2005, 12:25:50 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2005, 12:27:41 AM by jfern »

Of course if it was Clinton, it'd be OK to criticize him like no tommorrow.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies