Fox: British attacks "work to our advantage"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:02:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Fox: British attacks "work to our advantage"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Fox: British attacks "work to our advantage"  (Read 5103 times)
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2005, 08:40:14 PM »

You're reading too much into this, I'm afraid. The commentator clearly intended to suggest that it is to the "Western world's" advantage to be united when experiencing such an incident.
You don't understand how these people think. Condi said the Tsunami was an "Wonderful Oppurtunity".
Sigh. Alas, I'm afraid that you take too cynical a view of modern society. I'm sure that Rice does not feel that the Boxing Day Tsunami was wonderful. People make verbal slips from time to time; it does not mean that they are evil or cold-hearted.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2005, 08:44:47 PM »

Huh? All of the G8 countries were involved with the war on terror in Afganistan. I think all but Russia sent troops. Yes, Canada, France and Germany, those countries that you love to bash sent troops. In fact the US accidentily killed some Canadians there.

You are seriously ed up if you see a terrorist attack near a meeting filled with leaders WHO ALREADY SUPPORT THE WAR ON TERROR as an oppurtunity.

There is a difference between supporting the war in Afghanistan and supporting the war on terror.  The war on terror covers (militarily) Afghanistan, Iraq, the Philippines, Somolia, and Indonesia.  The war on terror covers (diplomatically) Syria, Iran, Lybia (resolved), Sudan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, North Korea, etc.  Not all in that meeting support the war on terror.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2005, 08:50:38 PM »

Huh? All of the G8 countries were involved with the war on terror in Afganistan. I think all but Russia sent troops. Yes, Canada, France and Germany, those countries that you love to bash sent troops. In fact the US accidentily killed some Canadians there.

You are seriously ed up if you see a terrorist attack near a meeting filled with leaders WHO ALREADY SUPPORT THE WAR ON TERROR as an oppurtunity.

There is a difference between supporting the war in Afghanistan and supporting the war on terror.  The war on terror covers (militarily) Afghanistan, Iraq, the Philippines, Somolia, and Indonesia.  The war on terror covers (diplomatically) Syria, Iran, Lybia (resolved), Sudan, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, North Korea, etc.  Not all in that meeting support the war on terror.

Where were the terrorists in Iraq before we invaded?
What are we doing about terrorism in Saudi Arabia?
Pakistan is a bit iffy in their support

Are you undermining the job of the Canadian, French and German troops in Afganistan?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2005, 08:59:33 PM »

Where were the terrorists in Iraq before we invaded? already answered that one
What are we doing about terrorism in Saudi Arabia?already answered that one
Pakistan is a bit iffy in their support already addressed that one

Are you undermining the job of the Canadian, French and German troops in Afganistan?

Are going to ask me the same questions over and over (which I responded to less than 24 hours ago, btw)?  Obviously you either don't read what I write or don't remember.

As far as the three countries listed, no, I'm not undermining their efforts one bit.  I am stating that they are not doing enough, as established wealthy nations, to police against terrorism globally (like I already said a few posts ago).
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2005, 09:07:10 PM »

Where were the terrorists in Iraq before we invaded? already answered that one
What are we doing about terrorism in Saudi Arabia?already answered that one
Pakistan is a bit iffy in their support already addressed that one

Are going to ask me the same questions over and over (which I responded to less than 24 hours ago, btw)?  Obviously you either don't read what I write or don't remember.

As far as the three countries listed, no, I'm not undermining their efforts one bit.  I am stating that they are not doing enough, as established wealthy nations, to police against terrorism globally (like I already said a few posts ago).

Well, I don't remember your answer. Sure, they could be doing more against terrorism, but so could we. Iraq has distracted us.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2005, 09:19:21 PM »

Yes, that is your opinion, just as it's my opinion that these other nations are failing to live up to their duties as successful Western nations.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2005, 09:23:06 PM »

Yes, that is your opinion, just as it's my opinion that these other nations are failing to live up to their duties as successful Western nations.

Which ones?  The ones which are not being attacked?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2005, 09:24:03 PM »

Here's something you probably don't know. After Spain withdrew from Iraq, earning mindless bashing from all of the right-wing corportate media, they sent a bunch of troops to Afganistan. That didn't seem to get reported anywhere. Quit relying on right-wing news sources like Fox, and you'll realize that the situation is more complicated. However, you're right many countries including the US could be doing more to fight the war on terror. The Iraq war has distracted us from fighting the war on terror, and burned up the a lot of good will. On 9/12/01, the French papers said "We are all Americans".
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2005, 09:29:58 PM »

Here's something you probably don't know. After Spain withdrew from Iraq, earning mindless bashing from all of the right-wing corportate media, they sent a bunch of troops to Afganistan. That didn't seem to get reported anywhere. I saw it.  Quit relying on right-wing news sources like Fox, and you'll realize that the situation is more complicated. hehehe . . . believe me, I know how complex the global war is.  However, you're right many countries including the US could be doing more to fight the war on terror. The Iraq war has distracted us from fighting the war on terror (again, your opinion0, and burned up the a lot of good will. On 9/12/01, the French papers said "We are all Americans".
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2005, 09:34:22 PM »

After Spain withdrew from Iraq, earning mindless bashing from all of the right-wing corportate media, they sent a bunch of troops to Afganistan. That didn't seem to get reported anywhere.

I saw it. 

That's good, but it didn't get much coverage.

However, you're right many countries including the US could be doing more to fight the war on terror. The Iraq war has distracted us from fighting the war on terror

(again, your opinion0

You don't think that the diversion of resources from the war on terror (which even Gen. Franks complained about) and the loss of good will from the international community (before you start bashing Canada, France, or Germany, remember that they did send troops to Afganitsan) has hurt the war on terror?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2005, 09:56:31 PM »

True, but it's up to people to be informed and not sit back and expect to be spoon fed news (both liberal and conservative domestic media missed it).

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not at all, because I see the war in the big picture.  Afghanistan was the "revenge" strike against those who harborred the largest mass of terrorists which happened to include Bin Laden.  Iraq was our easiest strike in the region for the second side of the war on terror to show that the US means business as well as establish a modern freely elected government to change the political landscape in the region.  As it has been said here . . . the more free the society, the less likely terrorism with grow within their borders.  As a result of Iraq, and strong diplomatic pressure, Lybia caved.  So, it has been successful. 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2005, 12:45:28 AM »

True, but it's up to people to be informed and not sit back and expect to be spoon fed news (both liberal and conservative domestic media missed it).

What liberal domestic media?

Not at all, because I see the war in the big picture.  Afghanistan was the "revenge" strike against those who harborred the largest mass of terrorists which happened to include Bin Laden.  Iraq was our easiest strike in the region for the second side of the war on terror to show that the US means business as well as establish a modern freely elected government to change the political landscape in the region.  As it has been said here . . . the more free the society, the less likely terrorism with grow within their borders.  As a result of Iraq, and strong diplomatic pressure, Lybia caved.  So, it has been successful. 
[/quote]

"Meant business"? How about really going after Al Qaeda instead of getting all of troops tied down fighting in some random country just to show that we "meant business". If we had to invade a country, Saudi Arabia or the Sudan would have made more sense.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2005, 01:25:33 AM »

Fox says global warming and Africa are worthless topics.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2005, 01:36:46 AM »

This whole topic is bullsh**t. I mean every single aspect of it, from the first post all the way through to the end. I am sick and tired of hearing both parties spin tragedies like these off to some political tangent. Both parties do the same crap; it is only the tangents to which they spin them that differentiates the two. Most of the time I will agree with the liberal version of the spinning, based on my party's platform with which I align myself, but I believe that this is one matter that political parties really don't make a damned difference.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies