Democrats, Are you Panicked for the Senate? (Poll)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:59:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democrats, Are you Panicked for the Senate? (Poll)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: DEMOCRATS, Are you panicking yet? (POLL)
YES DEATHCON LEVEL

Not yet....close

No  not really

Not a Dem

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Democrats, Are you Panicked for the Senate? (Poll)  (Read 990 times)
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 04, 2016, 03:54:03 PM »

Huh
swf541

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 03:56:47 PM »

No
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 04:02:10 PM »

I think it's close to 50/50,with a slight Democratic advantage. It will come down to New Hampshire.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 04:05:52 PM »

Panicked? No. I'm a bit uneasy, though I think they'll end up with 50-52 seats. While IN is looking worse, I don't think Bayh's totally done yet, and I still think the Democrats will win at least one of MO/NH/NC, if not more.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 07:00:51 PM »

I gave up long ago on Dems chances, all they've done since 2012 (with the Hail Mary called Louisiana Gubernatorial) is snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 07:23:19 PM »

Going into this cycle, I wasn't expecting them to retake it until 2020. That said, I'm starting to feel a bit frustrated.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 07:28:24 PM »

IL, PA, and WI are my most comfortable ones at the moment, with NV on the fringes of ease. At that point it's just one of NH, NC, MO, and IN. NH feels like pickup #4, and after that I just have no idea. These all seem very close and could go either way.
PAK Man

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 09:09:03 PM »

Illinois, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania will flip for sure. New Hampshire I believe will be next, since Hassan has been polling well there recently.

Now it gets tricky. I think Indiana will go Bayh in the end, though probably by a narrower margin than initially expected. North Carolina and Missouri are more of a challenge. I believe both will be close, but I think NC is more likely to go blue than Missouri. I can easily see a Kay Hagan-type situation happening there, with Burr leading in many polls and then narrowly losing.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 09:47:42 PM »

I feel reasonably confident in three states (WI, IL, and PA) and I think Democrats are also slightly favored in NH and NV. NC, IN, MO, and FL are all still winnable as well. So I actually think that Democrats are favored.

I really hope that they win five seats though, since they could lose control of the Senate after the November 2017 VA special election to replace Kaine.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 01:54:41 AM »

Not a Democrat (committed Indie), and thus - not panicking, but amazed about Democratic ability to lose all that's possible (and something that seemed impossible) in the last 1-2 weeks of campaign. In 2014 most Democrats were convinced 2 weeks before the election that they will hold the Senate, but they lost it rather convincingly: 46 - 54. Only couple of days back Democrats were sure of winning Indiana, and "rather sure" - about Missouri and North Carolina, now most polls (and sites, like 538) give advantage to Republicans there, and Democratic chances to get even 50-50 majority in Senate (+ VP as tiebreaker) become rather problematic. Even Presidential result (sorry for offtopic) became very problematic too. And that's - against Trump, the most flawed Republican candidate i remember (and i remember all of them since 1964)!!. Democrats even managed to nominate for President almost as flawed candidate as Trump, who would lose to anybody, but Trump (and, may be, Cruz) rather convincigly. Well done, my Democratic brothers!

I wouldn't even comment about Republican idiocies (like nominating Trump) here, but Democrats have nothing to be proud of in this year ultradirty campaign with two extremely unpopular candidates either. BOTH parties are worthy only strong kick in the ass after November 8th...
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 03:05:34 AM »
« Edited: November 05, 2016, 04:59:29 AM by Ogre Mage »

Not panicked, but definitely nervous.  I feel much more confident about the Presidential race and would bet money that Clinton will win.  I think our chances of taking back the U.S. Senate are above 50%, but I would not be putting money on it.

That said, I think we are likely to get to 50 at least because I believe Cortez Masto is going to hold NV.  Our pickups for sure are IL (Duckworth), WI (Feingold) and PA (McGinty).  I think NH (Hassan) will make it 50.

So that leaves Indiana, North Carolina and Missouri.  Those are all too close to call.  The optimist in me hopes we will get two of the three.  If we have to lose one of them I am not a fan of Evan Bayh.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 04:56:46 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2016, 06:00:15 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

Honestly, it's annoying that Republicans aren't overwhelmingly feeling the repercussions at the top of the ticket in each competitive race. It reinforces the notion that no matter how dysfunctional their party becomes on a national level, people will still contemplate voting them into congressional offices to continue uninhibited obstructionism.

Not getting swept out of each remotely competitive race allows them to move on from the Trump debacle without a second thought about what went wrong and what they need to do to fix their operating agenda. Why bother fixing anything when they can always override slim Democratic majorities during mid-term elections?
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2016, 05:14:01 PM »

Yes, but thats because Im always panicked about everything. Dont mind me Tongue
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2016, 05:18:21 PM »

Yea, but either way Dems have paths to win senate with IL, WI, CO, NH and NV plus either IN or PA. And a 51st seat in LA or NC. So, Dems are still very much in it to win the Senate.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2016, 08:22:38 PM »

It's a total tossup in the Senate.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2016, 02:28:02 AM »

Not nervous, I think we'll get at least 50-50, 51-49, or 52-48.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2016, 05:29:27 AM »

Yes, becuase President Clinton will need it. I'm concerned that Illinois and Wisconsin will be the only Democratic pickups.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2016, 07:55:30 AM »

I am now- Bayh seems like a write off, Murphy got his money cut off in exchange for a wild goose chase, and even Wisconin isn't a lockup

The best chance now for a majority is IL, WI, PA, NC and NH
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies