Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 21, 2019, 06:36:56 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  Election Archive
| | |-+  All Archived Boards
| | | |-+  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: AndrewTX, Likely Voter)
| | | | |-+  IA-Selzer/DMR/Mediacom: Trump +7 (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IA-Selzer/DMR/Mediacom: Trump +7  (Read 13885 times)
IA more R than GA/TX/OH/FL
IndyRep
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2016, 07:06:01 pm »

Good lord.
IndyRep
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 07:51:29 pm »

Why are Trumpies jerking off to this?  They're not close anywhere in the firewall.  I guess there is something symbolic about winning inbred corn farmers in the same way it is winning inbred miners.

Disgusting new low.
IndyRep
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 08:18:55 pm »

The poll shows younger voters are less likely to identify as Democrats, something that stands in contrast to the last two elections.  The youth vote was the backbone of the Obama coalition in Iowa, and he won by a large margin among voters under age 35 in 2008. The final Iowa poll ahead of the 2008 election showed 33 percent of those under age 35 identified as Democrats, 26 percent as Republicans, and 38 percent as independents. In this poll, 36 percent identify as independent, 32 percent Republican and just 25 percent Democratic.

I realize that it's heresy to question Selzer but this sample seems very, very off.

They use voter file, so the shares of registred R/D/I should be correct.

CNN shows the 2012 Iowa exit polls at 33 R, 33 D, 34 I.

Edit: Could just be dems identifying as independents, still wouldnt cause that much of a change.

Uh, wasn't he just talking about voters under age 35?
IndyRep
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 08:58:05 pm »

My Dad is from Iowa so I feel okay saying this: Iowa farmers are, uh, very simple people who are mocked by townies in Iowa for being dumb as rocks. They, not the "white working class", are the ones moving from Obama to Trump. Notice how well Obama did in southern Iowa. This is a region filled with smallholders who are kept afloat by subsidies and who have been hit hard by a downturn in commodity prices. This is where the swing will come from.

For the record, my late great-uncle was a corn farmer in Iowa who inherited the Hogan family farm and he sent me some books on the Civil War once so some of them are nice, I guess.

lmao
IndyRep
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 09:13:26 pm »

We're the working class whites who voted for Obama in 2012 dumb? Or did they become dumb sometime in the past four years?

They became dumb after 2014. Virginia on the other hand turned from a gay-bashin' redneck hellhole with awful hawkish GWB fans in NoVA into an enlightened educated cosmopolitian state in 2006. Smiley
IndyRep
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 06:09:59 pm »

Why are Trumpies jerking off to this?  They're not close anywhere in the firewall.  I guess there is something symbolic about winning inbred corn farmers in the same way it is winning inbred miners.
Sounds like someone has the deplorable fever!

But who cares about those racist inbred hicks?! We still have the firewa-... Oh wait...

I guess WI, MI, IA, OH and PA are Southern states now!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service