List of crazy GOP predictions about Obama that didn't happen (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:02:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  List of crazy GOP predictions about Obama that didn't happen (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: List of crazy GOP predictions about Obama that didn't happen  (Read 1166 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« on: November 07, 2016, 03:56:19 AM »

Obama was making fun of the Republicans for how in 2008 (or 2012?) they said that if he was elected gas would go up to $6 a gallon, "well I think $2 is pretty good!"

Reminds me of in 2012 when I would relentlessly make fun of my Republican friends who were making these kinds of absurd doomsday predictions by pointing out that when Obama was elected in 2008 they had all posted "welcome to the U.S.S.A" as their Facebook statuses, and that was a whole big thing where the U.S. was now communist.  And then it was supposed to fall down the slippery slope to communism after we passed Obamacare.

Now that the Obama administration is coming to a close after eight long, prosperous years, please post all the crazy, obviously wrong predictions you remember in this megathread.  The more widespread/ingrained the better.

Another would be Romney's claims about job growth slowing down and unemployment stabilizing at around 7-8%.  It's down to 4.9% in the latest jobs report and has been on a remarkably linear downward trajectory since Obama's first day in office.  By the way the best Reagan was ever able to get was 5.0%.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies