turnout reports, voting problems, and last minute dirty tricks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:04:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  turnout reports, voting problems, and last minute dirty tricks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13
Author Topic: turnout reports, voting problems, and last minute dirty tricks  (Read 18352 times)
Nichlemn

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: November 08, 2016, 04:33:06 PM »

Prediction markets haven't budged all day, indicating bettors think these tea leaves have no informational value (or else are exactly in line with expectations).
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #276 on: November 08, 2016, 04:33:26 PM »

McMullin is on the ballot in SC according to ballotpedia.org (a good source for this kind of information).  Their list:

Hillary Clinton/Tim Kaine (Democratic)
Darrell Castle/Scott Bradley (Constitution)
Evan McMullin/Nathan Johnson (Independence)
Jill Stein/Ajamu Baraka (Green)
Donald Trump/Mike Pence (Republican)
Peter Skewes/Michael Lacy (American)
Gary Johnson/Bill Weld (Libertarian)
Sigh144
Rookie
« Reply #277 on: November 08, 2016, 04:33:56 PM »

Do you have the link to broward?

On my phone and don't have it on here
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #278 on: November 08, 2016, 04:34:14 PM »

CNN is saying that Macomb County MI is on track for 1980 turnout
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #279 on: November 08, 2016, 04:34:39 PM »

tl;dr turnout is extremely high basically everywhere except for AA areas where it's lower (I would have thought it was obvious that the AA vote would decline without Obama but apparently some people are surprised by this)

Calling it now, this election is going to come down to the educated white vote. If Trump wins, it's because the educated white vote swung back to him and gave him the edge in NC, NH and the Midwest. If he loses, it'll be because they voted Clinton instead.

I'd give Clinton an 85% chance at winning, but I'm almost certain that the crosstab story of the cycle will be how whoever won was pushed over the edge by a proportionate advantage with educated white voters.

And Hispanics?...

Overrated. Most of the states where Hispanics are actually a significant part of the electorate are either states Hillary needs to win regardless (California, New Mexico, Colorado) or states where increased Hispanic turnout won't be enough on its own (Texas, Arizona). The only swing state that could be decided by Latinos is Florida, but Cuban voting patterns are so different from "Generic Latino" voting patterns that I hesitate to even say increased turnout from them would significantly change the outcome of the election.

If Trump loses Arizona and/or Florida due to the Hispanic vote while still winning any of New Hampshire, Michigan or Pennsylvania (and losing the election after, obviously) then I'll concede that they're the bigger influence. Barring that, this'll be the "who brings over more undecided college educated whites" election.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #280 on: November 08, 2016, 04:35:20 PM »

Has this been posted yet?

http://wvua23.com/have-you-seen-this-fake-sign-in-tuscaloosa/
Fusionmunster

« Reply #281 on: November 08, 2016, 04:36:17 PM »

Wasn't turn out bad in 1980?
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #282 on: November 08, 2016, 04:37:01 PM »

They did that in GA as well.

Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #283 on: November 08, 2016, 04:38:57 PM »

Do you have the link to broward?

On my phone and don't have it on here

http://www.voterfocus.com/voterturnout/GetVoterTurnout.php?county=broward&election=213
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #284 on: November 08, 2016, 04:39:01 PM »

What does that even mean?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #285 on: November 08, 2016, 04:39:44 PM »

muhhhhhh reagan democrats!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #286 on: November 08, 2016, 04:39:49 PM »

I though McMullin was on the ballot in SC?

He may have been, I just didn't notice when I went to vote. We didn't have an option for write ins either for President that I Saw.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #287 on: November 08, 2016, 04:46:48 PM »

https://twitter.com/julito77/status/796097304239411201

Angry Puerto Ricans!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2016, 04:50:45 PM »

Durham County NC requests a 90-minute extension of voting hours following a glitch with the check-in system: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/08/politics/north-carolina-durham-county-glitch/index.html
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #289 on: November 08, 2016, 04:51:45 PM »

It means that things are probably looking up for Trump in Michigan. Macomb is the sort of place Trump has been focusing really hard on winning, lots of blue collar workers, mostly uneducated,  leans a bit towards the Republicans even when they don't run a candidate basically designed for them.

Mark my words, Trump will overperform in Michigan, though whether that will be enough to actually win the state depends on his overall performance.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #290 on: November 08, 2016, 04:52:42 PM »

It means that things are probably looking up for Trump in Michigan. Macomb is the sort of place Trump has been focusing really hard on winning, lots of blue collar workers, mostly uneducated,  leans a bit towards the Republicans even when they don't run a candidate basically designed for them.

Mark my words, Trump will overperform in Michigan, though whether that will be enough to actually win the state depends on his overall performance.
I remember much ado being made about Macomb in 2012. Didn't amount to much and Obama won Michigan more than comfortably.
Hollywood
« Reply #291 on: November 08, 2016, 04:55:17 PM »

Some of the Republican turnout is gigantic in many of the Rep and Dem counties.  I'm looking at total republicans in certain counties and the election data illustrates that 75% to 85% made it to the polls and early voting.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #292 on: November 08, 2016, 05:01:48 PM »

Turnout in Miami and Tampa is very, very high. Already eclipsed 2012 numbers.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #293 on: November 08, 2016, 05:02:58 PM »

Turnout in Miami and Tampa is very, very high. Already eclipsed 2012 numbers.

Great news
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #294 on: November 08, 2016, 05:05:05 PM »

In all counties I saw Reps are doing relatively better than Dems relatively to EV. It was as expected though. But there were no really big R counties though.
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #295 on: November 08, 2016, 05:05:24 PM »

I remember much ado being made about Macomb in 2012. Didn't amount to much and Obama won Michigan more than comfortably.

Obama had the benefit of an inflated AA vote in the Midwest, not to mention that Trump has way more appeal to blue collar whites than Romney ever did.

Take a regular Michigan election, significantly reduce AA turnout, increase turnout everywhere else, and give the Republican an advantage with uneducated whites. That's a recipe for a close election in Michigan, and it's what seems to be happening right now. The only real upside Hillary has over Obama in Michigan is the possibility of higher college educated white support, something that might give her the win but won't give her the sort of margin a Democrat should expect from Michigan.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #296 on: November 08, 2016, 05:13:26 PM »

Obama had the benefit of an inflated AA vote in the Midwest, not to mention that Trump has way more appeal to blue collar whites than Romney ever did.

Take a regular Michigan election, significantly reduce AA turnout, increase turnout everywhere else, and give the Republican an advantage with uneducated whites. That's a recipe for a close election in Michigan, and it's what seems to be happening right now. The only real upside Hillary has over Obama in Michigan is the possibility of higher college educated white support, something that might give her the win but won't give her the sort of margin a Democrat should expect from Michigan.

You just contradicted yourself. If you're comparing to 2008/2012, by your own logic, you're not comparing to a "regular election". Even in 2000, Gore won the state by 5%. And it's unlikely black turnout will be as low as it was in the 2000 election.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #297 on: November 08, 2016, 05:19:38 PM »

Apparently all Colorado state systems are down.

https://twitter.com/Jessica9NEWS/with_replies
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

« Reply #298 on: November 08, 2016, 05:20:08 PM »

You just contradicted yourself. If you're comparing to 2008/2012, by your own logic, you're not comparing to a "regular election". Even in 2000, Gore won the state by 5%. And it's highly unlikely black turnout will be as low as it was in that election.

George Bush wasn't running on a "NAFTA was bad" Pat Buchanan style platform.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #299 on: November 08, 2016, 05:23:13 PM »

You just contradicted yourself. If you're comparing to 2008/2012, by your own logic, you're not comparing to a "regular election". Even in 2000, Gore won the state by 5%. And it's highly unlikely black turnout will be as low as it was in that election.

George Bush wasn't running on a "NAFTA was bad" Pat Buchanan style platform.

Is that worth a five point swing? I'm not convinced.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies