Congratulations To President Donald J. Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:59:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Congratulations To President Donald J. Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Congratulations To President Donald J. Trump  (Read 3178 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 03:47:48 AM »

It doesn't pay to be a sore loser. It's bad for your health. Trump won and that's that. Maybe he will turn out to be a good President, you never know. Hillary still has some good years left in her....she will survive and thrive in her new life, whatever she chooses to do.

It's all good.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 03:50:19 AM »

Gotta hand it to him, he pulled it off. I can't complain too much...looks like I'll be getting a pay raise.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 03:53:03 AM »

Gotta hand it to him, he pulled it off. I can't complain too much...looks like I'll be getting a pay raise.

Good for you. Was it because Trump was elected?
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 03:58:53 AM »

I expect him to be good for the military as long as he doesn't send us spiraling into a world war. But at a minimum I anticipate a raise in pay and better overall funding like we desperately need. We'll see if he keeps his word and delivers.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 04:03:04 AM »

I expect him to be good for the military as long as he doesn't send us spiraling into a world war. But at a minimum I anticipate a raise in pay and better overall funding like we desperately need. We'll see if he keeps his word and delivers.

Yes, let's see if Trump can deliver on his promises.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2016, 04:06:51 AM »

Congratulations, Donald Trump, for promising an America that will solve its 'illegal alien' problem by being the sort of place that people want to emigrate from. A pure, kleptocratic plutocracy. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2016, 04:16:00 AM »

Congratulations President Trump and Vice President Pence.

It is time for America to unite behind your leadership.

It is time for healing and a new beginning.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2016, 04:24:46 AM »

You screwed up President-elect Pussygrabber's preferred mode of address in the thread title. Fail.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 04:29:29 AM »

Enjoy yourselves, Republicans. Now you're married to Trump. Everything bad that happens from here on out, you guys get the blame. The anger from lack of change won't be directed at Obama anymore, and the Trumpsters will turn on Trump like a pack of wolves. Also, about that Republican landslide in two years... yeah, don't think that's going to happen anymore. Your party is already less popular, but wait until Trump is actually expected to do more than talk... Oh boy.

Are you kidding?

There's no way they will, because you're falsely presuming that these people actually thirst for policy change. Things have improved over the last eight years. They don't care about that. They just feel culturally threatened. He can achieve nothing, but in four years all he has to do is start talking sh-t about brown people and the Chinese and they'll eat it up.
Dutch Conservative
jwhueting
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 04:58:51 AM »

Congratulations on a great victory americans, very proud!
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 05:22:44 AM »

Like him or not, this is the most amazing comeback we've seen in American politics.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2016, 05:53:19 AM »

Like him or not, this is the most amazing comeback we've seen in American politics.

Agreed. I'm impressed.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2016, 05:59:31 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2016, 06:01:58 AM by Meclazine »

Probably the only three people who actually called him "President Donald Trump" before the election.

The three girls to whom Donald Trump owes his victory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRfP_TEQ-g
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2016, 07:16:39 PM »

Congratulations Little Big Planet and Chairman Sanchez et. al. We blew it big league.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2016, 07:25:48 PM »

Yup yes we did, and as i said in an other post, congrats to all Trump supporters.

But, i have to be honest, i'm still a bit in shock.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2016, 07:27:28 PM »

Yup yes we did, and as i said in an other post, congrats to all Trump supporters.

I felt it and didn't acknowledge my gut. I went with heart over mind and I got f**ked for it.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2016, 07:28:48 PM »

I'm not sure we could have seen this coming based on what the media was giving us, but....

We blew it.

I blew it.

I was wrong about Clinton beating trump, and I was wrong that Clinton was better than Bernie.

Congratulations to those that were right, but boy get ready because you will be in for a world of hurt when the progressives come back 4 years from now.
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2016, 07:36:19 PM »

I felt it and didn't acknowledge my gut. I went with heart over mind and I got f**ked for it.

We all felt like that. I've seen many elections in my lifetime, and even in elections where the party that i support performed really bad, but this one just blew my mind. I was not expecting this.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2016, 07:38:15 PM »

You should've seen it when the Cubs won the World Series.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2016, 07:41:59 PM »

Product of group think.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2016, 08:13:31 PM »

I warned about Michigan (and got mocked a fair amount).  But even Wisconsin was a surprise to me.
Desroko
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2016, 08:15:44 PM »

Bad data. Garbage in, garbage out.

Once the American Community Survey is finished in 2017 we can really figure out what happened and how we went wrong.
JJC

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2016, 08:28:59 PM »

I warned about Michigan (and got mocked a fair amount).  But even Wisconsin was a surprise to me.

Heh, I made a post about EV numbers in MI, breaking down Oakland and Wayne county (specifically Detroit).

Used SOS site numbers and compared them to the 2012 election and why Hillary might be in trouble there. Wasn't being smug or anything. Just a 'Hey, look at these numbers here. MI might be in play' sort of post. Spent a good hour on it too, making sure I had all the data correct.

And you know what? Some mod deleted it instantly. Like within a minute of posting the thread (quicker than it would take to actually read it).

I guess he/she didn't like the mere suggestion that MI could be in doubt for Hillary.

I tried to warn you guys...
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2016, 08:38:01 PM »

I'm not sure we could have seen this coming based on what the media was giving us, but....

We blew it.

I blew it.

I was wrong about Clinton beating trump, and I was wrong that Clinton was better than Bernie.

Congratulations to those that were right, but boy get ready because you will be in for a world of hurt when the progressives come back 4 years from now.

A ton of Democrats underestimated the "Bernie X-Factor in the Primaries", so don't feel to bad about the electability factor vs. the Progressive Dem message that Bernie brought to the table, and was able to present much more effectively than Clinton to WWC persuadable voters and those with ancestral Democratic Party roots.

As I posted on many other threads, especially at the time of the Oregon Democratic Primary, I was seeing amazing swings from Clinton '08 Primary to Bernie '16 in heavily WWC blue collar regions of the state, that work, live, and are family with Republicans in counties where Dukakis did quite well in '88. Although Clinton did quite well in Oregon, she dropped a ton of Obama '08/'12 voters in Southern and Eastern Oregon, and in major population centers in the Willamette Valley.

This was Clinton's election to lose, and unfortunately she did, by not focusing on the progressive Democratic economic platform that she agreed to with the Bernie campaign pre-convention, and doing very little to focus on Millennial outreach in terms of items like free Community College Education, and other issues.

Instead the focus was trying to win over Republicans and a small segment of swing voters with an argument focused on Trump's temperament and judgement, instead of the fundamental issues that a majority of Americans really care about.

She fell into the Trump "Bear Trap" of making it all about Trump and reality television, instead of deliverables and what she will do for normal working and middle-class Americans.

Also, I do think she blew a decent chunk of the rural and small-town WWC voters when she chose to go after Bernie on guns during the primary to try to create a fake wedge issue, and as a direct result added grist to the mill of the NRA and Gun Lobby, which I suspect hit really hard in many rural/small-town areas in places like Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin, where just like in rural Oregon most gun owners aren't hoarders and nuts, but rather hunters and sportsmen, but still in favor of common sense gun-safety measures and policies.
TC 25
Rookie
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2016, 08:42:54 PM »

who to thank:
Weiner
Huma
Podesta
Donna Brazile
Lawrence O'Donnell and the rest of the sanctimonious media types who tried to shame a nation into voting for Hillary
Project Veritas
and Hillary herself
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies