Trump supporters: Was this a F you to minorities or something else?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:43:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump supporters: Was this a F you to minorities or something else?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Trump supporters: Was this a F you to minorities or something else?  (Read 1648 times)
rafta_rafta

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 04:23:40 AM »

Of course it was about race...knowing the alt right crowd, the next ones would be jewish folks
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2016, 04:24:17 AM »

The whole premise of this thread misses the point entirely.

And what exactly am I missing? I am trying to figure out what this election was really about. I hope it was about the economy. I really do.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 04:28:02 AM »

And what exactly am I missing? I am trying to figure out what this election was really about. I hope it was about the economy. I really do.

It was about the economy and about overthrowing the elite.
It was our independence day (did you listen to Trump's final speech?)

How did you get the idea it was about race?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 04:30:20 AM »
« Edited: November 09, 2016, 04:32:41 AM by Seriously? »

Actually, more of an F you to demented upper middle class white liberals who want to wipe out entire regions because of their elitist hatreds, hypochondriac-like white guilt, and lack of general ambition, morality, motivation, goals, or talent. They build only to destroy while lining their own pockets.
Pretty much this. It was a big middle finger to those that seek to get ahead in life on the backs of their fellow countrymen. And most of these people they gave the middle finger to was hypocritical liberals and the GOP-E that thinks that they're not as good as them because they aren't as "highly educated." Meanwhile, these are the folks that built this nation. This movement transcends race.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 04:32:32 AM »

Actually, more of an F you to demented upper middle class white liberals who want to wipe out entire regions because of their elitist hatreds, hypochondriac-like white guilt, and lack of general ambition, morality, motivation, goals, or talent. They build only to destroy while lining their own pockets.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2016, 04:33:46 AM »

It was about the economy and about overthrowing the elite.
It was our independence day (did you listen to Trump's final speech?)

How did you get the idea it was about race?

He called Mexican immigrants rapists. He wants to ban all Muslims. He basically tried to delegitimize the first black president with the birther crap. Although he hasn't sh**t on my people, as a minority in this country, I am concerned. And if not concerned about him so much, I am concerned about the people voting for him. What do they have in their hearts? How do they really feel?
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2016, 04:54:29 AM »

It is about the economy, or at least the economy of poor majority-white regions, and it becomes about race because 'outsiders' are blamed for this problem - immigration, trade, etc. Its not racism as such but its certainly about race, or at least about foreigners which comes down to the same thing. A la Brexit.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2016, 04:57:48 AM »

Race and xenophobia is a factor, but that wouldn't have been enough by itself. People were fed up with establishment Democrats.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2016, 05:02:55 AM »

No, it is not about economy or race.

It is about elite (politician and media) not caring about people. Instead of listening to us, media tried to teach us what is good and what is bad. It can be Nafta, it can be illegal immigration, it can be anything.

- "It is good for you. Don't you understand it? It is because you are angry uneducated deplorable. We know better."

Elite did what they thought was right [for them]. As their opinion is more valuable. So people got sick of it.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2016, 05:04:07 AM »

Race and xenophobia is a factor, but that wouldn't have been enough by itself. People were fed up with establishment Democrats.

Can that be true? Obama has positive favourables and Republicans control the House and Senate
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2016, 05:08:08 AM »

Can that be true? Obama has positive favourables and Republicans control the House and Senate

I don't think most voters know who controls Congress. And Hillary's favorables are bad. Sure, Trump's are similar, but one of them had to win.
musicblind
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2016, 06:01:09 AM »

It could be. Many white 'Christians' resent the success of any identifiable minority who, by succeeding, shows that he does not know his place.

The only way for Donald Trump to give such white Christians the economic boom that they want is to impose some sort of Apartheid order. Is he amoral enough to do that? Maybe.

‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2016, 06:02:59 AM »

This is a revolt against an imagined "establishment", and a hearkening back to an imaginary previous time.
dirks

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2016, 08:20:53 PM »

It was a necessary pushback over radical overreach by Obama and certain groups that had grown too emboldened.

Declaring open season on cops and letting black lives matter thugs run amok, putting Harriet Tubman on the 10 at the expense of an actual legendary historic President in Andrew Jackson, trying to change the Redskins name, taking down the Confederate Flag and various other monuments Southerners hold dear, allowing Islam to spread in the US and terror attacks.

This was intolerable. They over stepped their boundaries and the American people said enough.

Call it what you will but we pretty much said we're taking the controls and you are no longer allowed to "fundamentally change" anything.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2016, 08:23:38 PM »

Establishment, like globalist, and bankster, is yet another dog whistle code word for Perfidious Jew.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2016, 08:24:27 PM »

Nope.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2016, 09:00:33 PM »

It was "f**k you" to identity politics. One of the candidates was so extreme, that she run her campaign based entirely on that fact that she is a women.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2016, 09:02:44 PM »

There was some element of racism, but that's not why he won.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2016, 09:10:36 PM »

racism is such the side-dish, more like a side-effect.

trump, the elite of the elite, insulted all those busy-bodies (in each party) and promised simple solutions for complicated problems - more was never necessary.

like hannah arendt said....evil is banal.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2016, 09:18:57 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2016, 09:22:00 PM by Erich Maria Remarque »

A man believing in law enforcement = racism.               This is a simple "solution".
A cop kills a criminal = racism.                                     This is a simple "solution".
A disgusting bitch is despised by millions = sexism.        This is a simple "solution".
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2016, 09:22:48 PM »

Another thread that tells me you all are still going to understand nothing. Hopefully the rest of the Democratic Party seizes control in 2020 and completely sticks it to the disgusting, rich, urban whites - they will wish they were never born if I get my way. They will be metaphorically burned at the stake and never participate in electoral politics again. And they will have the tears streaming down their face once again! Oh - how much I look forward to the pain of rich, white children every four years forever and to eternity until the smugness is wiped straight off their ugly faces that God can't stand to see. Oh, they will pay dearly.

In spite of a massive wave of registration against him with the Clinton campaign all over registration and turnout in minority communities, margins among these groups somehow decreased. In spite of the 60-point "polling" spread. In spite of the lies of the media trying to tear him down and paint him as something he is not.

You, my demonic and sociopathic peer(s), will no longer wish to follow politics when the facade of your alternate universe is torn to shreds.

Mitt Romney would have been a much greater threat to minorities. Trump is the man who will restore them - and all of us - to greatness.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2016, 09:23:22 PM »

The solution doesn't need to be complex, just because the problem is complex.

Occam's razor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

occam is not about the question of complexity - but about which of several different solutions to follow.

if each solution is complex itself, this is not any kind of help. Wink
gsmiro
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 4.45

P P
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2016, 09:39:46 PM »

This is not just about economy or jobs or race.  It is about right and wrong.  It is about people doing the wrong things and getting away with it.  It is about the government allowing a growing size of people to take advantage of the rest of us.  Trump said something very simple and straight forward to the would be immigrants, play by the rules!  Don't break the law!  Punish the law breakers, the criminals, the murderers and the rapists.  How is that racist?  And believe me, many in the "minority" support this position as well.  Because many legal immigrants came by following the rule.  And these illegals came by cutting into the line, so to speak and break the laws, commit many crimes, receive benefits paid for by the tax payers include the legal immigrants and creates a backlash against all immigrants by their bad behaviors. 

Why is it so hard to see that we just want a country where everyone plays by the same rule?  Why is it wanting everyone to be equal before the law racists?  While Hilary who are more equal than all of us are free and above the laws of the land?  And she gets all the support of the minority?  Do all minorities support law breakers, liars and cheaters?  Saying all minority should support the Clintons is saying all minorities support liars, cheaters, criminals, that is racist!

Trump or the people who vote Trump is not against minorities.  Trump is against lawbreakers, the chief among them being Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Lynch, Comey, etc.  Why do you suppose minorities have to support criminals like the Clintons?  Why do you suppose minorities have to support illegal immigrants?  Isn't that belief in itself racist?  That you have a lower standard for minorities than for the "white" folks in this country?  Hold the "white" people to a higher moral standard while excusing all the minorities to a lower moral standard IS RACIST!

All we want is to hold everyone to the SAME standards, SAME laws.  If I send classified documents from a government computer to my own computer I would be prosecuted and go to jail, then I would expect the same happen to ANYONE in this country who does that, doesn't matter if her name is Clinton and she's running for the president.
gsmiro
Rookie

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2016, 09:42:57 PM »

Sure, an F you to the establishment, i.e. the first black president.

Yes, and you forgot to mention the first black president's name was Clinton.
gsmiro
Rookie

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2016, 09:46:27 PM »

In my ideal world, a Dem vote would mean an F U to the elites and the wall street GOP class. Reversing the dynamic made really uncomfortable; I think this is the main reason I was unenthusiastic for Hillary and why I would have been more upset at a Romney win in 2012 than I am now.

Perhaps the issue now is that both the Dem and Rep establishment are join twins with the Wall Street.  Wall Street bankers actually support Hillary more than Trump.  So if you want to vote against the elites, you would have to vote for Trump and not Hillary.  Hillary is the elites' candidate.  Her private speech at Goldman Sachs gave it all away.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies