Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:43:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Between Two Majorities | The Cordray Administration  (Read 213043 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: November 16, 2016, 02:48:10 PM »

I see that Trump apparently does not remain in office. Will be interesting to see as to why.

Check it out again - it's November 2024. Tongue Not 2020. But we'll discuss Trump, in great detail. He's Part I of this story, and it's quite a story (that I think will actually play out in real life).
Said "prevailed against the incumbent office holder" so I assumed that.

I presumed Trump would be gone because the ending is about the 47th president, meaning we have 2 one-term presidents, presumably.

Either that or (more likely) 47th is a misprint?

I assumed that it means Mike Pence. As VP, he'd be the frontrunner for the GOP nomination in 2024, and would be the closest thing to an incumbent President.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 04:48:35 PM »

This is actually fairly plausible. Loving this so far!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 11:17:15 PM »

How would the Sanders wing take control in 2024 when (presumably) Pence defeats Brown, a noted progressive, in 2020?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 04:01:58 AM »

How did the gubernatorial elections in Vermont and New Hampshire go? I imagine given Vermont's nature, a Progressive Party member might's run as a Democrat.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 11:59:42 PM »

Looks like Bernie is being made into a progressive Barry Goldwater: Losing the election, but laying the groundwork for a similar ideology to triumph in a landslide in the future.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 02:36:39 AM »

Well, Pence is imploding.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 03:12:13 AM »

It could be Kander or Buttgieg if either wins their state's Gubernatorial election in 2020

My list came down to Kander, Carter, and Cordray. the prologue refers to either Kander or Carter actually, can't remember which.

Tbh it would be absolutely hilarious if the Dem who broke the Reagan era was a Carter

exactly why I toyed with him, lol. He fit the other criteria too but I chose the Midwest as my region of choice to find the realigning president.

And that probably made it better. The last southern progressive I remember who won was LBJ. I tend to see Carter '76 as a moderate liberal and Clinton as a centrist, partly because I define progressive as slightly leftwards of a liberal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies