NBC: Hate crimes spike following the Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:54:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NBC: Hate crimes spike following the Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: NBC: Hate crimes spike following the Election  (Read 5700 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2016, 01:28:35 PM »

Lot of deplorables in this thread. But what else can you expect from a forum that consists 99% of white boys?

All of my friends who are not white, or are women, or who are immigrants, or are Muslims, or are LGBT, or are disabled, or are young people like me whose immediate future is the Sociopathic Reality Star-in-Chief and his literal white supremacist and fascist supporters (both here and abroad - the global Far Right are the only people outside the US actually cheering this madness. Well, that and noted autocrat whose domestic opponents mysteriously turn up dead on a routine basis  Vladimir Putin. Oh, and ISIS. Can't forget ISIS) - all of them are scared. Genuinely scared. Some are fearful for their own lives, and those of their families.

But continue to gloat about the fact that you normalized fascism and political candidates who sexually harass and assault women (including minors) in America. You're really brave!
Your emotional outburts don't change the fact that you lost. Try harder next time. Quit lashing out and start reaching out. The GOP learned that lesson when we lost in 2012.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2016, 01:31:28 PM »

Lot of deplorables in this thread. But what else can you expect from a forum that consists 99% of white boys?

All of my friends who are not white, or are women, or who are immigrants, or are Muslims, or are LGBT, or are disabled, or are young people like me whose immediate future is the Sociopathic Reality Star-in-Chief and his literal white supremacist and fascist supporters (both here and abroad - the global Far Right are the only people outside the US actually cheering this madness. Well, that and noted autocrat whose domestic opponents mysteriously turn up dead on a routine basis  Vladimir Putin. Oh, and ISIS. Can't forget ISIS) - all of them are scared. Genuinely scared. Some are fearful for their own lives, and those of their families.

But continue to gloat about the fact that you normalized fascism and political candidates who sexually harass and assault women (including minors) in America. You're really brave!

It's funny because all those people in my life are rejoicing.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2016, 01:42:22 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2016, 01:43:56 PM by PR »

Yes going the route of Neville Chamberlain really works! Smiley

By the way, a Trump supporter talking about "reaching out" is just the most adorable thing. But I suppose even Nazis have something to contribute. Smiley

On a serious note, I'm not running for political office, so no, I don't have to "reach out."

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2016, 02:12:55 PM »

On a serious note, I'm not running for political office, so no, I don't have to "reach out."
1. Neville Chamberlain probably saved millions of lives if anything by holding off the war.
2. Personal insults won't work. Don't waste the time or bandwidth on them with me.
3. When you keep ending up on the losing side, just remember why you are there.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2016, 04:12:12 PM »

As mentioned earlier:

We have literally thousands of crimes committed in protest of the election in the past week and 8 cities+ overrun with riots by the left. Businesses (dozens and dozens and dozens) destroyed, electrical utilities destroyed, police cruisers vandalized, fires set and Trump supporters literally beaten.. totaling hundreds of felonies or misdemeanors committed by these liberal nuts: not a single damn word or denouncement by the Democrats. (Surprise!)

meanwhile there are maybe a couple dozen national reports of incidents by stereotypically far right cousin lovers, with a handful of the bag having absolutely weak claims to intentionally build the narrative or being shown or admitted to as blatant hoaxes.

What a joke, don't even begin to start bitching when the representation of your party is making a complete SHAME of your voting base. You guys just don't have the stones to step up and admit how ridiculous it is because they are the type of voters that pretty much keep your party even alive in elections.

Tough facts, huh.
Were Democrats to denounce the protests, they would only end up legitimizing them. Seriously: you think that thousands of protestors are going to calm down just because Obama or Clinton told them "please stop"? They'd wind up like John Boehner, unable to contain the anger of their party, and suddenly a pariah because of it.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2016, 04:19:56 PM »

As mentioned earlier:

We have literally thousands of crimes committed in protest of the election in the past week and 8 cities+ overrun with riots by the left. Businesses (dozens and dozens and dozens) destroyed, electrical utilities destroyed, police cruisers vandalized, fires set and Trump supporters literally beaten.. totaling hundreds of felonies or misdemeanors committed by these liberal nuts: not a single damn word or denouncement by the Democrats. (Surprise!)

meanwhile there are maybe a couple dozen national reports of incidents by stereotypically far right cousin lovers, with a handful of the bag having absolutely weak claims to intentionally build the narrative or being shown or admitted to as blatant hoaxes.

What a joke, don't even begin to start bitching when the representation of your party is making a complete SHAME of your voting base. You guys just don't have the stones to step up and admit how ridiculous it is because they are the type of voters that pretty much keep your party even alive in elections.

Tough facts, huh.
Were Democrats to denounce the protests, they would only end up legitimizing them. Seriously: you think that thousands of protestors are going to calm down just because Obama or Clinton told them "please stop"? They'd wind up like John Boehner, unable to contain the anger of their party, and suddenly a pariah because of it.

Lol, did you say the same about Trump?

H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.C.Y.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2016, 04:26:08 PM »

As mentioned earlier:

Tough facts, huh.

H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.C.Y.

What good do it do Boehner?

krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2016, 04:59:56 PM »

As mentioned earlier:

Tough facts, huh.

Hillary and Obama are not going to call off their dogs. So I guess they're going to keep wrecking their own cities and blocking traffic?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2016, 05:38:08 PM »

As mentioned earlier:

Tough facts, huh.

H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.C.Y.

MUH RACIST GRAFFIT Sad Sad Sad Sad
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2016, 06:11:46 PM »

As mentioned earlier:

Tough facts, huh.

H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.C.Y.

And these are wrong as well. But it says something when one side can only attack the people, and not the ideas, of the other side. This was Clinton's mistake, and the right won't convince anyone this way either. I would rather join the side whose leaders condemn left-wing and right-wing violence alike, than the side whose leaders ignore hate crime (of all kinds) while glomming onto left-wing protests/violence like moths to a candle.

TL;DR: Your side needs to stop acting like an army of Hillary Clintons.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2016, 06:19:53 PM »

As mentioned earlier:

Tough facts, huh.

H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.C.Y.

And these are wrong as well. But it says something when one side can only attack the people, and not the ideas, of the other side. This was Clinton's mistake, and the right won't convince anyone this way either. I would rather join the side whose leaders condemn left-wing and right-wing violence alike, than the side whose leaders ignore hate crime (of all kinds) while glomming onto left-wing protests/violence like moths to a candle.

You mean Democrats need to:
1) run an issues based campaign like Trump did?
2) denounce both sides that get out of line... like Trump did?

...I mean I agree,
i'm not sure you know what you're saying.

Here is some good work documenting the censored coverage you get of these "protesters".   
http://www.maciverinstitute.com/2016/11/the-rest-of-the-story-anti-trump-protests-packed-with-profanity-crude-signs/
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2016, 06:23:35 PM »

As mentioned earlier:

Tough facts, huh.

H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.C.Y.

You mean Democrats need to:
1) run an issues based campaign like Trump did?
2) denounce both sides that get out of line... like Trump did?

...I mean I agree,
i'm not sure you know what you're saying.

Here is some good work documenting the censored coverage you get of these "protesters".   
http://www.maciverinstitute.com/2016/11/the-rest-of-the-story-anti-trump-protests-packed-with-profanity-crude-signs/
Nothing to do with campaigns, so I don't know what you're talking about. Sometimes, a public and private position is needed, because you need to keep the trust of those who agree with you (even when they're angered). That is why I think that Obama and co. have not denounced the violence; they don't condone it, they just know that they're powerless to stop it and would only lose future influence if they tried.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2016, 06:33:15 PM »

Nothing to do with campaigns, so I don't know what you're talking about. Sometimes, a public and private position is needed, because you need to keep the trust of those who agree with you (even when they're angered). That is why I think that Obama and co. have not denounced the violence; they don't condone it, they just know that they're powerless to stop it and would only lose future influence if they tried.
What does Obama or Hillary have to lose? 
...Also, can they ever do the right thing? EVEN IF IT HURTS THEM POLITICALLY? ? ?
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2016, 06:36:40 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2016, 06:38:34 PM by ‼realJohnEwards‼ »

...Also, can they ever do the right thing? EVEN IF IT HURTS THEM POLITICALLY? ? ?
"Doing the right thing" is to do nothing, that is my point! Nobody is going to stop protesting just because Obama told them to! Better to give them no attention than to reward them, which is how the GOP should've treated the Tea Party. Except that the Tea Party helped them politically Roll Eyes
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2016, 07:09:00 PM »

1. Neville Chamberlain probably saved millions of lives if anything by holding off the war.

I don't think I'd ever done a literal spit take before reading this.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2016, 07:26:31 PM »

"Doing the right thing" is to do nothing, that is my point! Nobody is going to stop protesting just because Obama told them to! Better to give them no attention than to reward them, which is how the GOP should've treated the Tea Party. Except that the Tea Party helped them politically Roll Eyes
I strongly disagree.
I think these people are actively supported by some dem affiliated organizations.  This is astro turf in many cases and a easy (silent) step would be to at least stop the organization and money machinery making it possible.  If Obama has to get on the phone with George Soros, than he should. 
The problem is Obama probably doesn't WANT to stop it.  That is the tragedy of the Obama presidency in a nut shell. 
You would be surprised what effect strong public direction can have on mobs... it wouldn't be perfect but it would have an effect.

Do not make an equivalence between the tea party and left wing agitators.  The tea party (not my cup of tea) was a polite quite assembly in parks and on private property with permits and permission, not riots destroying property and disturbing peoples lives. 
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2016, 07:37:44 PM »

I strongly disagree.
I think these people are actively supported by some dem affiliated organizations.  This is astro turf in many cases and a easy (silent) step would be to at least stop the organization and money machinery making it possible.  If Obama has to get on the phone with George Soros, than he should. 
The problem is Obama probably doesn't WANT to stop it.  That is the tragedy of the Obama presidency in a nut shell. 
You would be surprised what effect strong public direction can have on mobs... it wouldn't be perfect but it would have an effect.

Do not make an equivalence between the tea party and left wing agitators.  The tea party (not my cup of tea) was a polite quite assembly in parks and on private property with permits and permission, not riots destroying property and disturbing peoples lives. 
Please provide evidence of astroturfing of liberal protests. I'll wait here.

About Tea Party violence... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6mCTU4NpRQ
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2016, 08:31:57 PM »

I strongly disagree.

OK 2 seconds and the top of a bing serch:
https://stream.org/clinton-campaign-dnc-pay-to-incite-violence-at-trump-rallies/
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2016, 08:38:46 PM »

I strongly disagree.

https://stream.org/clinton-campaign-dnc-pay-to-incite-violence-at-trump-rallies/
Yeah your arguments are sh**t if you have to cite James "I edit all the video's" O'Keeffe.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2016, 09:02:24 PM »

I strongly disagree.

Yeah your arguments are sh**t if you have to cite James "I edit all the video's" O'Keeffe.
LOL, just admit I win... I mean you just did it unintentionally. 
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2016, 09:19:43 PM »

I strongly disagree.

You cite a man who edits video's to show something that didn't happen and you think you win.  Trumpist people are real delusional.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2016, 09:54:10 PM »

I strongly disagree.

You cite a man who edits video's to show something that didn't happen and you think you win.  Trumpist people are real delusional.
So you 2 are denying that protesters are paid by democrat affiliated groups in this case and in others?

delusional?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2016, 10:10:22 PM »

2. Personal insults won't work. Don't waste the time or bandwidth on them with me.
When I think you can't get worse, you prove me wrong dude. 
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2016, 11:35:31 PM »

I strongly disagree.

So you 2 are denying that protesters are paid by democrat affiliated groups in this case and in others?

delusional?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2016, 02:11:26 PM »

When I think you can't get worse, you prove me wrong dude. 
So what does this contribute to the conversation or advance your goal/side of the debate?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies