2020 Gubernational elections: Who is running megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:05:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 Gubernational elections: Who is running megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Gubernational elections: Who is running megathread  (Read 151169 times)
JMT

« on: November 28, 2016, 12:48:18 PM »

I like this news! I think he'd be a strong candidate and a fresh face in MA politics. I know Baker is largely considered to be the favorite to win, but warren would give him a run for his money. Even if Warren lost, it would give him name recognition and would pave the way for a future run for governor / senate / congress. I would likely vote for him in the primary, I suppose I'll have to wait to see who else runs too though.
JMT

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 11:36:16 AM »

Florida Dems gonna Florida Dem?

Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com  4m4 minutes ago
FLORIDA: Outgoing Cong Patrick Murphy (D), who lost US Sen run, says he wants "to keep all options on the table" about poss 2018 Gov run.

Murphy didn't run a good statewide campaign, he shouldn't run for governor. If he wants back in politics, though, he should run for his house seat again. He seems pretty popular in his district, and a republican just won his seat. He could beat Mast, especially if the midterm is rough for Trump and Republicans.
JMT

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »

Any word on Rep. Mark Amodei? I remember reading awhile back that he would consider running for governor if Dean Heller didn't run. Would Amodei challenge Laxalt in the primary?
JMT

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 08:05:30 PM »

Tim Walz said he was "seriously considering" running for Governor at a town hall today.

I really hope he doesn't, his district is an R+1 district so it may be difficult for Dems to hold this seat if he vacates it. Same with Rick Nolan. And it's not as if Democrats are lacking candidates for governor, they have three very credible candidates in the race already and more may join.
JMT

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 11:15:19 AM »

Rep. Kildee NOT running for Governor of Michigan, will instead run for reelection.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/kildee-passes-run-governors-race

Looks like Whitmer will likely be the nominee
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies