2020 Gubernational elections: Who is running megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:16:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2020 Gubernational elections: Who is running megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Gubernational elections: Who is running megathread  (Read 151073 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: November 12, 2016, 09:47:53 PM »

It's been mentioned in another thread that Tim Scott is considering a 2018 SC gubernatorial run with Trey Gowdy as his running mate.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 08:41:49 PM »

Per ABQ Journal, Udall not running in '18

So much for that.

I guess it'll be one of the Lujans then? They're cousins so I doubt they'll both run.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 10:24:50 PM »

Per ABQ Journal, Udall not running in '18

So much for that.

I guess it'll be one of the Lujans then? They're cousins so I doubt they'll both run.
What about that Mayor of Santa Fe who's openly gay? Javier Gonzales

Based on his wiki article he sounds mostly OK (with a few notable exceptions) but I don't know if he'd be a good statewide candidate.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 12:24:01 PM »

Florida Dems gonna Florida Dem?

Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com  4m4 minutes ago
FLORIDA: Outgoing Cong Patrick Murphy (D), who lost US Sen run, says he wants "to keep all options on the table" about poss 2018 Gov run.

Murphy didn't run a good statewide campaign, he shouldn't run for governor. If he wants back in politics, though, he should run for his house seat again. He seems pretty popular in his district, and a republican just won his seat. He could beat Mast, especially if the midterm is rough for Trump and Republicans.

How did Murphy do vs. Rubio in Murphy's district?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 01:28:42 PM »

Florida Dems gonna Florida Dem?

Politics1.com ‏@Politics1com  4m4 minutes ago
FLORIDA: Outgoing Cong Patrick Murphy (D), who lost US Sen run, says he wants "to keep all options on the table" about poss 2018 Gov run.

Murphy didn't run a good statewide campaign, he shouldn't run for governor. If he wants back in politics, though, he should run for his house seat again. He seems pretty popular in his district, and a republican just won his seat. He could beat Mast, especially if the midterm is rough for Trump and Republicans.

Either that or one of the lower statewide offices - Maybe CFO or Agriculture Comissioner.

And to answer the question asked if he won his own district - no, he did not. He did worse than Clinton in both of the notable counties in the district, and Clinton only barely out-performed Perkins.

In that case, let's not run Murphy for anything ever again.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 01:07:55 PM »

I'm mildly surprised he announced it so early, but I never expected him to run anyway.

I think it will be Setti Warren honestly.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 03:39:45 PM »

Any word on Rep. Mark Amodei? I remember reading awhile back that he would consider running for governor if Dean Heller didn't run. Would Amodei challenge Laxalt in the primary?

Ralston said Amodei might run for AG.

Who'd be the top recruits to run for his seat if he gets in?

Maybe one of the state legislators from Reno? Just a guess.

Any chance of the Democrats picking up that seat in a wave?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 01:12:28 PM »

It would be funny if it was Cary Kennedy vs. Walker Stapleton. Only one of them is part of a political family.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 06:07:22 PM »

Do Democrats have a shot in Wyoming? I assume Mead is uncontroversial but it's an open seat and Democrats have a history of success in WY-gov during Republican presidencies (similar to KS and OK) despite the fact that it has basically always been a Republican state on other levels.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies