RI's 2016 Precinct Map Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:28:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  RI's 2016 Precinct Map Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RI's 2016 Precinct Map Thread  (Read 61020 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« on: November 20, 2016, 09:20:39 PM »

Unofficial Alaska in-precinct Results.  Because Alaska doesn't break down the early vote by precinct, this is only of the election day vote.  The yellow lines are of the Alaska county equivalents.  A few precincts cross county equivalent lines:

I think the precinct Johnson allegedly won, 37-736 New Stuyahok, is in error.  Clinton probably won it big.  Note that 35-735 Kasaan was a Trump-Johnson tie, with each getting 7 votes.

The Alaska Dispatch News put together an interactive map of the two-party vote here.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 04:11:22 PM »

Putting in requests for Massachusetts and New York.

If past practice is any indication, Nassau County, New York won't release their official precinct level results until next year.  They always seem to be the last jurisdiction in the country to report official precinct level results.  In other words, don't expect a New York state precinct map any time soon.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 01:39:52 PM »

So what's with those Trump precincts in Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx?

Most Trump precincts in those boroughs are full of white ethnics, largely Italian and Irish-Americans, and/or Orthodox Jews.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 06:33:14 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2017, 06:40:15 PM by cinyc »

Excellent work, as always.

It took a while, but Adam Griffin and I eventually did get the 2008 nationwide results by VTD/Block Group for most of the states based on the Dave's Redistricting App data up on an interactive Google Fusion Table.  I don't remember if this map was of the 2-party vote or overall vote - probably the former. The national map looks like crap, but you can see detail once you zoom in to an appropriate level.  That was the best we could do interactively, at least back in 2015 when the project was done.  This was before Carto.com, though - and I never tried putting a similar map up there.  I imagine Carto.com would charge an arm and a leg and/or crash under the server load were you to put a similar map with DDHQ-driven (instead of just Atlas or RRH-driven) traffic up there.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 07:22:06 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2017, 07:26:13 PM by cinyc »

The Washington Post's article lists their small counties (which, presumably, they considered rural) as Webb, Presidio, Starr, Hidalgo, Cameron, Zapata and Potter Counties.  Of those, Webb (Laredo), Hidalgo (McAllen/Pharr/Westlaco), Cameron (Brownsville/Harlingen) and Potter (Amarillo) counties contain significant cities and urban areas.  Their population would swamp the more rural counties on the list - Presidio (Marfa), Starr (Rio Grande City) and Zapata (Zapata).  So...
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 01:42:09 PM »

Hey RI, Can you send me the data for Rhode Island? Cheesy

-Chron

http://www.ri.gov/election/results/2016/general_election/data/

I haven't downloaded the data for 2016, but the long-form file download should have what you want.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies