If Trump is not a racist and misogynist...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:49:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If Trump is not a racist and misogynist...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: If Trump is not a racist and misogynist...  (Read 1406 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2016, 07:47:27 AM »

it doesn't effing matter if someone is a racist - i have never understood why this is sooo important to prove or disprove for many people.

if his actions are sexist and his statements are racist, isn't that offending and problematic on its own?

why raise it to a level of mental black-boxiness, which is practical not proveable or necessary at all?

AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2016, 08:55:59 AM »

it doesn't effing matter if someone is a racist - i have never understood why this is sooo important to prove or disprove for many people.

if his actions are sexist and his statements are racist, isn't that offending and problematic on its own?

why raise it to a level of mental black-boxiness, which is practical not proveable or necessary at all?
I sort of agree, but
when a political party uses the words to control all speech and thought it becomes 'sooo important'
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2016, 09:04:39 AM »

I sort of agree, but
when a political party uses the words to control all speech and thought it becomes 'sooo important'

i think even if you believe, that some democrats or some media outlets are overplaying that card all the time, trump is the most explicit exception of all.

afaik, if criticizing trump's actions (i won't say convictions) is off the radar, than only white skinhead thugs with swastika tattoos are possibly guilty of speading racist activity.

and there must be even better fitting words: trump's campaign strategy was ultimate division and singling out some sub-groups of the electorate as scapegoats...how such behaviour is called doesn't matter to me at all.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2016, 10:04:29 AM »

I sort of agree, but

i think even if you believe, that some democrats or some media outlets are overplaying that card all the time, trump is the most explicit exception of all.

afaik, if criticizing trump's actions (i won't say convictions) is off the radar, than only white skinhead thugs with swastika tattoos are possibly guilty of speading racist activity.

and there must be even better fitting words: trump's campaign strategy was ultimate division and singling out some sub-groups of the electorate as scapegoats...how such behaviour is called doesn't matter to me at all.
That is a healthy attitude.  I get hung up on people running around bludgeoning the population with inaccurate use of words.   
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies