Chance the democrats go full corbyn in 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:12:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Chance the democrats go full corbyn in 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Chance the democrats go full corbyn in 2020  (Read 3904 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2016, 03:21:07 PM »

Pretty high at this point, especially since it seems like we're going to hand the party over to Bernie without a fight.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2016, 03:21:43 PM »

Fycking re*tard, Corbin may have flaws, but by no ways is he a bigot. If you must talk about a bigot Om the left-wing in U.K. politics, that would be George Galloway.

We get it, you don't care about Jews. Thanks for proving my point.

The Republicans are the anti-Semitic party in the United States though.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2016, 03:30:03 PM »

Wrong, though I must say this could be the case if all goes wrong with Bannon and the like. But even then, competition will be stiff, particularly if Keith Ellison takes over the Democratic Party.

Fycking re*tard, Corbin may have flaws, but by no ways is he a bigot. If you must talk about a bigot Om the left-wing in U.K. politics, that would be George Galloway.
Of course you would dismiss his anti-Semitism. Btw if you're going to call someone a retard you might as well do it without a *. Ray Goldfield is right here.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2016, 03:31:29 PM »

Pretty high at this point, especially since it seems like we're going to hand the party over to Bernie without a fight.
And this is the right answer to the question posed by the OP. Many Democrats seem to think they lost because they were not left-wing enough, which is untrue.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2016, 03:37:48 PM »

since the republicans won through becoming much more economically left-wing, there is a case to be made. Wink
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2016, 03:41:10 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2016, 03:44:15 PM by Tintrlvr »

Why do people think Gabbard is either GOP-lite or so commie weirdo? She seems a bit left/dovish for my tastes (based on what I see on fb) but she could probably make a great President or at least Veep. The only problem is that she is from Hawaii. She would be the biggest thing since Super Bad from Hawaii. But if Palin, from Alaska, could start a movement of violent loons and weirdos that wins Congress, why can't she?

She's a center-left moderate with a well-packaged anti-establishment left-progressive image that she's aggressively cultivated because she sensed a good opportunity to make a name for herself when Sanders came along. She's definitely to the right of even some moderate establishment Democrats like Andrew Cuomo and Cory Booker in reality. Loretta Sanchez is probably a good point of comparison in terms of actual ideology. Maybe that makes Gabbard GOP-lite (a lot of liberal Dems seem to think Sanchez is GOP-lite), but it's hard to imagine a Republican who would be capable of occupying that point on the political spectrum without being torn apart in a primary.

I actually think Gabbard stands a good chance of making a real splash from Hawaii, if only because she is excellent at self-promotion in a way that few other Democratic politicians are (really only Cuomo comes to mind of those with similar skills).
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2016, 04:26:31 PM »

Maybe we'll go full Miliband and Minnesota will be our Gower.
Sedona
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.78

P P
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2016, 04:28:34 PM »

There are no elected national politicians that are ideologically anything similar to Corbyn; even Sanders is miles to the right of him.
^This

Sanders isn't really comparable to Corbyn ideologically.  They are both anti-establishment, and are to the left of their parties, but what Sanders stands for is much closer to Miliband than Corbyn.  The only people far-left enough to resemble Corbyn can be found in the Green Party.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2016, 04:32:06 PM »

i despise the self-defeating, liberalism-hating, nihilist, crypto-marxist, anti-free-trade, anti-instutionalist, russian-adoring stand of corbyn.....
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2016, 04:36:30 PM »

I think Gabbard should be the next House Democratic Leader. Not because I agree with everything she says, but because we need a new, non-toxic face in the House.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2016, 04:38:18 PM »

I think Gabbard should be the next House Democratic Leader. Not because I agree with everything she says, but because we need a new, non-toxic face in the House.

I know I'm dabbing in the worse of the left but she's got a lot of questionable ties from her family in Hawaii
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »

Please let's not replace Nancy Pelosi with a right-wing, pro-Assad homophobe thanks.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2016, 04:40:45 PM »

I know I'm dabbing in the worse of the left but she's got a lot of questionable ties from her family in Hawaii

Unfortunately that's a problem.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2016, 04:57:27 PM »

A lot of people seem to like her purely because she quit the DNC and supported Sanders; but beyond that there's lots of black flags. I wouldn't mind being in charge of opposition research for a rival campaign in 2020 if she ran
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2016, 05:05:01 PM »

A bigger fear of mine is that Democrats are going to go full Trump in 2020, and let their anger get the best of them, and think something along the lines of "you like celebrities who piss people off, huh? Well try this on for size!"
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2016, 07:08:06 PM »

Wrong, though I must say this could be the case if all goes wrong with Bannon and the like. But even then, competition will be stiff, particularly if Keith Ellison takes over the Democratic Party.

Of course you would dismiss his anti-Semitism. Btw if you're going to call someone a retard you might as well do it without a *. Ray Goldfield is right here.

No Corbyn is not an anti-semite, you can't call anti-semitism for a more harsh position on Israel. Of course his links to Palestinians  organisations are wrong,  but that doesn't make him an anti-semite. The  british right's agenda to make him look like an anti-semite is ridiculous, and he clearly not one.
ReaganLimbaugh
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2016, 07:11:24 PM »

Very likely.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2016, 07:21:17 PM »

No Corbyn is not an anti-semite, you can't call anti-semitism for a more harsh position on Israel. Of course his links to Palestinians  organisations are wrong,  but that doesn't make him an anti-semite. The  british right's agenda to make him look like an anti-semite is ridiculous, and he clearly not one.

he is ofc not an anti-semite but like so many on the left his critique of israel swaps into "anti-zionism" and draws a similarity between the acts of israel and other countries in the region, which is, imho, more or less appeasement.

Nichlemn

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2016, 07:45:24 PM »

A bigger fear of mine is that Democrats are going to go full Trump in 2020, and let their anger get the best of them, and think something along the lines of "you like celebrities who piss people off, huh? Well try this on for size!"

Who would that be? Someone like Sean Penn?
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2016, 08:19:44 PM »

The Democrats  decision to begin propelling Rep. Keith Ellison to the DNC chairmanship signifies that the Democrats are beginning to reject being an (officially) center left party and embrace the fringe...this could hurt any chance they had at making inroads in Suburbia.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2016, 09:40:51 PM »

A lot of people seem to like her purely because she quit the DNC and supported Sanders; but beyond that there's lots of black flags. I wouldn't mind being in charge of opposition research for a rival campaign in 2020 if she ran

There's some great attack ad material right here:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2016, 09:49:12 PM »

Her view on Assad seems Opeboesque for those who remember him. She seems like a pretty standard progressive from an Indian family. Even very liberal Indians are hawkish on Islamic Extremism. I think the position on guns is pretty libertarian leaning and something that we should promote to contrast ourselves with an authoritarian Trump Admin.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2016, 09:53:08 PM »

Her view on Assad seems Opeboesque for those who remember him. She seems like a pretty standard progressive from an Indian family. Even very liberal Indians are hawkish on Islamic Extremism. I think the position on guns is pretty libertarian leaning and something that we should promote to contrast ourselves with an authoritarian Trump Admin.

She's not Indian. She's Samoan and white. She is a convert to Hinduism.

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2016, 12:30:03 AM »

She's not Indian. She's Samoan and white. She is a convert to Hinduism.

Actually her mother converted to Hinduism.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2016, 07:55:45 AM »

What about Livingstone, Shami, etc?

The problem isn't that Corbyn is anti semitic, but rather that he has a weak response to blatant anti semitism
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies