What is the appeal of Cory Booker? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:02:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What is the appeal of Cory Booker? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the appeal of Cory Booker?  (Read 4490 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: November 15, 2016, 07:15:53 AM »

He's the politician from central casting; and I just don't have any strong feelings towards him.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 11:02:06 AM »

To be a hypocrite there isn't any concrete policy differences he has with Progressives (bar potentially financial reform)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 03:29:26 PM »

It's going to become interesting to see if the Sanders/Progressive wing is happy to put it's hand in it's pocket every time a Senate/House/Governors race opens up if Democrats are no longer allowed to take donations from corporations. I guess I'm just extremely cynical but it was Wall Street money that put Obama in the White House in 2008.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 03:08:19 PM »

Booker has received a 95% and a 90% rating from the Americans for Democratic Action. So hardly a conservative. He's certainly charismatic and has a great life story (including the fact that he's been a Mayor, which most national figures haven't been).

Those are mostly measures of partisanship.  For instance, Chuck Schemer, who loves to whore himself out to Wall Street, regularly gets 100% ratings.

And there's no doubt that Booker is quite liberal on social issues.  He's just soft on many economic issues, particularly taxing/regulating corporations, especially finance. 

He was the surrogate who went rogue in 2012 when he got mad at Obama for criticizing hedge funds (I actually thought that his defense of hedge funds was occasionally fair, his heart is just obviously in the incredibly wrong place as a senator from NJ)

In all fairness Schumer also opposed the Iran Deal (whilst Booker supported it)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies