What is the appeal of Cory Booker? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:20:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What is the appeal of Cory Booker? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the appeal of Cory Booker?  (Read 4518 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 15, 2016, 07:12:07 AM »

Young. AA. non-ideological. "Potential" to deliver strong speeches. Charismatic.

This is the correct answer.

Personally, he has limited appeal to me because he is a right-wing corporate shill.

He's the former Mayor of Newark, and he's the current junior Senator from NJ.  As NJ is one of the most corrupt states in America (for Dems and GOP alike), I would dread him on my national ticket due to what shoes may drop.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:10:43 PM »

If Trump is to be defeated in 2020, it will have to be (A) because he doesn't know what he's doing and hasn't gotten a grip on things, and (B) the Democrats have nominated a candidate who's ready to be a REAL President from Day One.  To beat Trump, "The Joke's Over!" has to be the theme of the 2020 campaign, and that assumes that events will have set Trump up for such a scenario. 

In that scenario, will Cory Booker really have enough experience to make it to the Presidency?  He's a first term Senator who was mayor of a heavily black city that was not attractive to business, and whose urban problems are far from insignificant.  I would suggest that in such a scenario, folks wouldn't be turned off to a candidate with DECADES of experience.  I would think there are limits to the "outsider" thing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies