MT-SEN 2018: #Populism wins, #ShrillNeoliberalism loses (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:13:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-SEN 2018: #Populism wins, #ShrillNeoliberalism loses (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-SEN 2018: #Populism wins, #ShrillNeoliberalism loses  (Read 36390 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« on: April 27, 2018, 05:56:42 PM »

Obamacare is far more controversial than Jackson. Voters can barely name any cabinet members, let alone recollect a specific incident months before the election. If Tester can get away with voting for Obamacare (which was on literally 100% of voters minds in 2012 and most people in Montana disliked it), I don't see why a random cabinet members that barely any voters will remember will matter. Tester also had a very credible opponent in 2012 too.

Seriously LL, you are a political nerd who has not worked in your entire life. Most voters are not political nerds and don't follow everything 24/7. People tend to vote on bread and butter issues (e.g health care), not some random appointment. I know you're like a 16 year old kid or whatever and you aren't actually working or raising a family, which is why you are so out of touch with the average American voter.

Tester could very well lose because of his liberal voting record, but I don't think this VA thing will even lower his vote share by 0.5%. The media loves making up things that could be damaging because they need to produce articles to get ad revenue (aka $$, which you will learn when you enter the workforce). It's far more likely that immigration or some other issue is what brings Tester down.

Good to see someone on this forum has a brain. Seriously, how many people do you think even know who "Ronny Jackson" is? How many of this tiny group do you think are swing voters? How many of this tiny group of swing voters do you think are going to remember this 6 months from now, let alone base their vote on it? Just lol.

People who are such Drumpf sycophants that they'd get fired up about Tester voting against some random cabinet nominee are already rock solid Republican banked votes to begin with.

This reminds me of when the January government shutdown was going to spell doom for the Democrats.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 07:30:55 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies