Atlasian Messenger
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:15:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Messenger
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
Author Topic: Atlasian Messenger  (Read 33913 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: August 01, 2007, 01:58:38 PM »

I don't want to be a candidate due to my relative lack of experience in high offices, but I'm not enthusiasmed to say the least by any of the D4 candidates thus far. What do you propose?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #301 on: August 01, 2007, 02:03:55 PM »

I won't be running for Senate for the following reasons:
1. I'm running for reelection as Lt. Gov.
2. PBrunsel is doing a good job (See the National Weekly Atlasian, page 2 for our Senatorial vote rankings.)
3. Yet another unsucessful Senate run could ruin my credibility as a candidate.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #302 on: August 01, 2007, 04:51:32 PM »

Lets see emocracy truly in action this August.

What does BRTD have to do with any of this?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #303 on: August 01, 2007, 05:30:17 PM »

Lets see emocracy truly in action this August.

What does BRTD have to do with any of this?
lol Smiley

Gotta love when a good op-ed is killed by a typo. Good catch though. Smiley

I won't be running for Senate for the following reasons:
1. I'm running for reelection as Lt. Gov.
2. PBrunsel is doing a good job (See the National Weekly Atlasian, page 2 for our Senatorial vote rankings.)
3. Yet another unsucessful Senate run could ruin my credibility as a candidate.

.........good for you?

I don't want to be a candidate due to my relative lack of experience in high offices, but I'm not enthusiasmed to say the least by any of the D4 candidates thus far. What do you propose?
Well, maybe a "Draft _____" campaign for someone else in your region that you think would be a good candidate.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #304 on: August 01, 2007, 08:40:34 PM »

Almost forgot!

Cheese of the Week
Camembert

A soft, creamy cheese, Camembert is a member of a small group of popular cheeses that are unpasteurized. Camembert is made only in wheels, often being packaged like cake or pie slices. Interestingly, in the first few days after production, Camembert is hard and crumbly, but as time goes on it gets runny, and the flavor grows strong. It is served at room temperature, but loses almost all of its characteristics and flavor after heating. It will, like most cheeses, be served with wine, often on bread. Camembert was invented in the late 18th century in Normandy by Marie Harel. It was heavily inspired by Brie, which is why it shares so many characteristics with it. The cheese is always white nowadays, but when fungi could not be controlled, the color was completely chance, sometimes being blue grey, and covered in brown spots. Eww. Angry

Two interesting facts:

France sent Camembert to its troops in WWI, thus making it a famous part of French culture.

Salvor Dali's "Persistence of Memory" is said to have been inspired by hte melting properties of well ripened Camembert.

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #305 on: August 02, 2007, 08:06:23 PM »

bumpity >_>
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #306 on: August 09, 2007, 01:20:22 PM »

Ebowed Streak of Legislation Solid, Progressive

Rarely do you find a senator that introduces as much legislation as Senator Ebowed, and you cant deny that. Lately, however, he has doubled up his efforts. Not only are the last four pieces of legislation introduced written by him, but they are also very good bills.

Lets take a look:

Water Purity Bill
1. No person shall supply for drinking any water that he knows does not meet the primary drinking water regulations set by the Environmental Protection Agency.
2. Any person who violates clause 1 of this act shall be imprisoned for not more than 3 years, or fined not more than $10,000, or both.
3. Sections 1 and 2 shall only apply within the District of Columbia and all federal territories.

This is just a no brainer. The fact that we have let our water go unregulated this way for so long is kinda scary! Drinking water is something that is so used in our society; we cant let just anything put placed in a plastic bottle and sold! No more greenish tint to my H20.

Ratification of the Convention of the Rights of the Child Bill

1. Atlasia hereby ratifies the Convention of the Rights of the Child, as agreed to by the United Nations General Assembly on November 20, 1989, and signed by U.S. Secretary of State Madeline Albright on February 16, 1995.

Yeah, it is probably just ceremonial, but still. I think passing this will be a good sign to our commitment to children to give them a happy, healthy beginning to thier life. Never hurts to do some UN action, keeping foriegn relations up.

Cruel and Inhumane Treatment Bill

1. The government of Atlasia officially condemns the practice of torture and affirms the principles of the Geneva Conventions as well as its commitment to its prohibition of cruel, degrading, inhumane, and/or humiliating treatment of suspects or prisoners.
2. No evidence obtained from the use of torture will be admissable as valid in a court of law.
3. All branches over which the Atlasian government has jurisdiction, including the military, are required to accord to non-citizens all of the relevant rights of citizens (namely, the right to a fair trial and the right to be free of cruel, degrading, inhumane and/or humiliating treatment).
4. The government of Atlasia will refuse to return any person to their home country if there is any chance that they will be tortured.

This bill will be great for foriegn relations. Re affirming our strict following of the Geneva Conventions will have people supporting our war efforts much more assuredly. By the way, did I mention the whole human rights improvement thing? This bill goes above and beyond by saving internationals who are at risk of being tortured.

Racial Profiling Bill

1. No branch of law enforcement shall be permitted to use the practice of racial profiling in attempting to catch or determine suspects.
2. "Racial profiling" is defined as the use of selecting someone for targeting solely on the basis of their skin color, race, language, or nationality being perceived as more likely to commit a crime than someone of a different skin color, race, language, or nationality.

No duh bill number four. Discrimination is a horrible thing, and to allow it at the national level? Ugh. What a sickening thought. One step closer to complete equality! (We're gonna get thier eventually......seriously.....we are gonna....just...after this commercial break.........)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #307 on: August 13, 2007, 10:29:26 PM »

Newswire

The Atlasian Messenger has gotten a hold of a leaked email being transferred inside the  Speed of Sound offices, which included this image:

Speed of Sound has yet to make any comment on the discovery. We will keep you updated as we get more news.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #308 on: August 13, 2007, 10:54:40 PM »

The hands of the government, at work again...
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #309 on: August 13, 2007, 10:58:16 PM »

Newswire

The Atlasian Messenger has gotten a hold of a leaked email being transferred inside the  Speed of Sound offices, which included this image:

Speed of Sound has yet to make any comment on the discovery. We will keep you updated as we get more news.
Well, you may run into some stiff opposition in the Progressive primary.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #310 on: August 21, 2007, 08:26:24 PM »

The President actually....doing something? Wow!!!

Here we go, Atlasia. Here's our shot. We have one chance to actually have our presidential elections matter! After years of the president sitting and signing, the revolutionary Colin Wixted, whose choice to be re-elected will bump me out of the presidential race with my endorsement, continues, along with Jas, to push executive involvement to a whole new level, not that thats difficult. The amendment passed by the senate this week allows for the presidential to offer a line item veto form of any bill back to the senate. Unlike a standard line item veto, the bil must go back to the senate, allowing for a checks and balances of sorts. This is exactly the kind of action against senate omnipotence that I pushed for under the brief time of the ILAC. Lets have a government of three branches; lets vote Aye to the line item veto amendment!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #311 on: April 13, 2008, 11:01:28 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2008, 11:22:39 PM by Lt. Gov. Speed of Sound »

Newswire

Wixted Falls to Late Rush of Trondheim Voters in First Nationwide Senate Race

With a last vote by Boris at 11:21 Sunday night, Lewis took the lead in the first all-Atlasian senate election. Colin had held a three vote margin until 10:34, when the first of three last Trondheim votes crowned Lewis victor in what will certainly by seen as a surprising upset, as Colin led at one point by 10 votes. A giggle by Governor bgwah in the Examiner's thread sparks rumours that the late GOTV was fully run and funded by Lewis' new party of choice, the JCP.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #312 on: April 14, 2008, 12:21:01 AM »

Cool. Update. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #313 on: April 14, 2008, 10:34:47 AM »

Blast from the Past!
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #314 on: April 14, 2008, 02:12:32 PM »

I like to pull it out of nowhere every once in a while just for the hell of it. Plus, No other news writer was up when the election was done. Dont expect it to last. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies