Atlasian Messenger
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:01:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Messenger
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Author Topic: Atlasian Messenger  (Read 33929 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2005, 03:26:39 PM »

Ernest Announces Run, Chooses ILP

COLUMBIA—Justice and Former Southeast Governor Ernest made it clear he was going to change a lot in a short amount of time yesterday. First, he moved back to South Carolina, from Hawaii, where he was “vacationing.” He also left the Atlasian Monster Raving Loony Party, and joined the Independent Liberal Party. He said he was being serious again.

The most important part of the announcement, however, came when Ernest said “In particular I hope for the support of all people who value common sense as I run this August to be your next Senator.”

His opponents are Ben Myers (ACA-FL), Bono (I-SC), along with, depending on re-districting, Sen. MHS2002 (U-VA). Former Vice-President Harry has also expressed interest. Sen. Colin Wixted and acting SoFA Peter Bell gave Ernest their support shortly after his announcement, but it is unclear whether he will gain enough support among the Southeasterners in his district to win.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2005, 03:41:28 PM »

Mideast Voting Booth Unopened[/u]

COLLEGE PARK—In a surprising development, the voting booth that was supposed to be opened by either Governor Joe Republic, or Lt. Governor Dean, was not opened, and no one has been able to vote on Ben as Judge, consideration of a Secret Ballot, or a repeal of the avatar laws. Pope PD has been the most forceful citizen in pointing out this failure, which seems to be of little consequence to some citizens, such as TexasGurl and 9iron. It is fairly certain that the booth will not open at all, but Pope PD still wants an explanation from the leadership. It is rather surprising that Governor Republic would let this happen, since he is much admired for his work as Governor, and this is certainly a blot on his record.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »

I'd like to announce that I am now on the staff of the Atlasian Messenger as a Pacific correspondent.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2005, 06:10:27 PM »

I'd like to announce that I am now on the staff of the Atlasian Messenger as a Pacific correspondent.

You live in South Carolina.....
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2005, 06:12:57 PM »

Welcome Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2005, 06:20:06 PM »

You live in South Carolina.....
yeah, but i gave everyone a chance to step up for the Pacific, but noone did. So i gave the job to Porc. (i would have given him the SE, but Ben Meyers was hired for that spot)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2005, 08:20:01 PM »

New Coalitions Across Atlasia

Recently a slew of new coalitions, leagues, and caucuses have sprung up across Atlasia.  Several weeks ago Southeast resident Q successfully revived the Atlasian Civil Liberties Caucus; this week, as a response to the Southern Alliance Party, former Southeast Governor htmldon started the "True South Coalition," which Don describes as a "multi-partisan, multi-ideological effort that seeks to support and elect southern leaders who want to move our region forward and make it the best region in Atlasia."  He adds that the coalition would have to "regretfully" oppose candidates who are at odds with the goals of the coalition, or in more blunt terms, any members of the Southern Alliance Party or its supporters.  Don also subtley accuses his unnamed opponents of not sharing his "patriotism for our nation" and "what it stands for" and ends his introduction of the coalition by inviting "real Southerners" to take a stand.

This week also saw the beginning of the "Heartland PAC," which former Mideast Judge, Senator, and current Attorney General Al started with Ben.  It is a "moderately populist multi-party organization and membership is open to anyone who shares our general aims and philosophy" that "represents the views of the people of the Heartland" and will aim to "bring the problems the Heartland faces into the open and to propose real solutions" to these problems.  This was greeted with a slew of compliments and already has 10 members.

And finally today, July 17 2005, saw the introduction of the "Liberty Institute" by Pacific Lt. Gubernatorial candidate True Independent (formerly True Democrat).  It aims to be "an insitute that will advocate smart foreign policy decisions that will ensure freedom for all people around the world while at the same time making certain Atlasia is protected."  Some of its admirable goals include "stopping human rights abuses around the world" and attempting to end poverty in Africa.  Although there were some suggestions and criticisms, the institute was met mostly with warm words.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2005, 09:38:31 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2005, 09:57:50 PM by Secretary of Defense Porce »

Secretary of Forum Affairs Confirmation Heating Up

Following the resignation of True Democrat as Secretary of Forum Affairs, Siege40's pick for the Cabinet spot, ILikeVerin, has met opposition in his Senate confirmation hearing.  Although all of Siege40's other Cabinet nominations were unanimously confirmed, ILikeVerin has been criticized by some Senators for a lack of experience and competence.  Currently 4 Senators have approved of making ILikeVerin SoFA; they are MasterJedi, Cosmo Kramer, DanielX (who, despite his affirmative vote, stated "I don't like Verin that much, but he seems qualified enough"), and MHS2002.  Three Senators have voted against it: King, Colin Wixted, and Sam Spade, all members of the Constitutional Union Party (Sam Spade being the party chairman), leaving the total 4-3 in ILikeVerin's favor.  MHS2002 is the lone Union Senator who voted in favor of the confirmation; however, Pacific Regional Senator FuturePrez, a member of the Union Party, has yet to vote.  Senator PBrunsel, of the Atlasian Conservative Alliance, is expected to vote "Aye," and Senator Gabu, an Independent, is currently taking a short vacation from the forum.  We project that this confirmation will pass, despite solid opposition.

NEWS UPDATE (10:56 PM EST): Senator PBrunsel has voted "Aye," putting the current tally at 5 to 3 in ILikeVerin's favor.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2005, 10:05:11 PM »

Now it can't be totally true that the True South is against the SAP, as I am a member of both Cheesy
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2005, 10:08:44 PM »

Now it can't be totally true that the True South is against the SAP, as I am a member of both Cheesy
Perhaps not all of the members of the True South are against the SAP, but that was definitely one of the intents of the coalition.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2005, 10:45:01 PM »
« Edited: July 17, 2005, 10:58:49 PM by LiberalPA »

Map 5 has been chosen

Just a few minutes ago, Governor MAS117 voted in the re-districting 'election'. His first preference of Map 5 makes Governor Cheesewhiz's vote irrelevant. The process took exactly 2 weeks. Your new map looks like this:

We will report the numbers of the new districts as soon as they are announced by the Governors.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2005, 10:46:20 PM »

Not a bad map, very reasonable.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2005, 10:49:41 PM »

yeah it is. it was the one i was hoping would be selected.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2005, 10:52:17 PM »

Just a few minutes ago, Governor MAS117 voted in the re-districting 'election'. His first preference of Map 5 has made Governor Cheesewhiz's vote irrelevant (had he even chosen to vote). The process took exactly 2 weeks. Your new map looks like this:

That's wrong, actually.  CheeseWhiz needs to vote for Map 5 to win (regardless of what he votes Map 5 will win, but it is a technicality so a map can win).
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2005, 10:55:23 PM »

Just a few minutes ago, Governor MAS117 voted in the re-districting 'election'. His first preference of Map 5 has made Governor Cheesewhiz's vote irrelevant (had he even chosen to vote). The process took exactly 2 weeks. Your new map looks like this:

That's wrong, actually.  CheeseWhiz needs to vote for Map 5 to win (regardless of what he votes Map 5 will win, but it is a technicality so a map can win).
oh. let me make a little change
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2005, 10:56:57 PM »

Wildcard changed his vote and now CheeseWhiz's vote doesn't matter.  Sorry about that LiberalPA. Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2005, 10:57:52 PM »

Wildcard changed his vote and now CheeseWhiz's vote doesn't matter.  Sorry about that LiberalPA. Smiley
lol Tongue Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2005, 11:06:08 PM »

The July Archives of The Atlasian Messenger have been updated through to the latest article.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2005, 11:06:37 PM »

lol Tongue Smiley

Yeah now you have to give me credit for saving the day Tongue
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2005, 11:13:57 PM »

lol Tongue Smiley

Yeah now you have to give me credit for saving the day Tongue

Wildcard Saves The Day

Thanks to Wildcard changing his vote in the re-districting selection process to first preference Map 5, i was able to take back the edits i had to make to fix a mistake in my previous article. Because he helped me keep my original writing he officially had saved the day.

NOTE: please do not put this in the archives. attention to my writers: whenever you dont want an article put in thearchives, use the fake report banner.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2005, 11:43:01 PM »

As an off-hand note, I think the interviews and information Defarge is putting up are of excellent quality (especially the one with Emsworth) and I look forward to reading more of them in the future.

And as with all press organizations in Atlasia, I extend to The Atlasian Messenger the opportunity to interview me at any time, if they care to do so.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2005, 12:20:20 AM »

Uhhhh... I was kidding lol.... Thanks though.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2005, 12:26:13 AM »

Uhhhh... I was kidding lol.... Thanks though.
i know. thats why i chose this banner.

Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2005, 12:33:18 AM »

Great paper you got going here.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States