Atlasian Messenger
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:55:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Messenger
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
Author Topic: Atlasian Messenger  (Read 33706 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2005, 11:50:11 PM »
« edited: June 22, 2007, 01:38:37 AM by Speed of Sound, YaBB God of Magnanimity »

Welcome to my attempt to start another newspaper that revolves mostly (but not entirely) around elections!

Northeast Governer Race Field Of Possiblilties Beginning To Widen
As the race draws closer (sort of), quite a few people have alredy begun to talk about running. i was not able to get a comment from MAS about him running for re-election, (due to the fact that i started this rather sparatically)and no-one sure of his decision, so he can definetly be put down as a possible candidate. Many rumors (including talk of it himself) about Max Power possibly running for the position again under his new party. He has expressed second thoughts of running if MAS runs for re-election, not wanting to have to battle him in a primary. Lt. Gov. Provincial Rights has also said that he may want to throw his name into the ring, assuming that MAS doesnt run for NE governor again. Provincial Rights talking to Max Power:
You are welcome to run as my Lt. Governor (If the amendment passes) or I can appoint you to the position.
Provincial Rights/Max Power? You never know. With so much time left until the election, im sure this field is only going to get larger, but from the way it seems, this election is way up in the air.

Atlasia is 'Back On The Fritz'
When Fritz returned to Atlasian Fantasy Politics on Friday, July 11th, he hit with a splash. His first post back in Atlasia was his candidacy for the District 2 senate seat. Some of his possible opponents may include incumbent PBrunsel, and AMRLP member (i think. im too lazy to go check), ilikeverin. Fritz has been absent for a quite awhile and admitted that his absensence may hurt in him this race, but he hopes to make up for lost time on the campaign trail.

I will keep you updated on these and other races frequently, and i hope to get an interview with all the candidates eventually. if you are currently a candidate for just about anything and you want to be interviewed for the paper, PM me. ( i know thats cheap, but too bad. Tongue)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 09:46:16 AM »

Good work, please continue
Ben Meyers
BenMeyers
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 5.74

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 10:53:28 AM »

Very nice job Smiley  If you want any help with this, feel free to ask Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 02:18:44 PM »

HELP WANTED

i want one person from each region to print articles for thier regions elections/ things related to elections. i have cheesewhiz doing his region, im doing my region, Ben Meyers, youre hired. anyone care to step up for the rest of the regions?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 03:44:03 PM »

I'll do it for the Mideast.

Sorry, John Ford, I'll step down from the Planet, I'm no good at editorials anyway.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 03:48:46 PM »

I'll do it for the Mideast.

Sorry, John Ford, I'll step down from the Planet, I'm no good at editorials anyway.
awesome. the job is yours.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 05:36:54 PM »

South Jersey: A discussion Of Current Events With The Northeast Governor[/b][/u]
Today i had a chance to sit down and talk with Governor MAS. Here's how things went:

LiberalPA: Have you considered another run for Governor for The Northeast?

MAS 117: Yes, I have considered it.

LiberalPA: Many people have said that they may want to run for Governor. do you think multiple candidates (3 or more) would help or hurt your re-election odds?

MAS 117: Well, that is purely speculation. I have not made up my mind about whether or not I will seek reelection for our great region. However, I think, like in any election, more then 1 opponent obviously hurts my candidacy.

LiberalPA: Many have been talking about a complete re-writing of the NE constitution. do you think this is a good idea?

MAS 117: I do think it is a good idea, and I support it 100%. However, at this time, I don't have the time or the energy to write one myself. Our consitution was written by our distinguished President and Justin, many moons ago. It does need some revamping, so I encourage anyone who has the time and will to do, please write one!

LiberalPA: Right now there is no candidate from your party in the NE senate race. is this even a thought for you right now?

MAS 117: 100% NO. I ran for Governor to get out of the Senate. When I first came to the forum, it was my goal to be in the Atlasian Senate. I have served, but my place is here, in the Governor's Mansion where I belong. Take this as a 110% NO on running for the Senate.

LiberalPA: I see. some have been calling for the repeal/re-writing of the Marriage Equity Act. I know you're not a senator, but how do you feel about this act?

MAS 117: In my own personal views, I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am for Civil Unions,(and i am) supportive of all the rights one would get just like they were in a marriage. As per the Marraige Equity Act, I believe it should be rewritten.

LiberalPA: Hypothetically, if you did run for re-election and the Lt. Governer amendment would pass by then, would you keep your current Lt. Governer as your running mate?

MAS 117: As of right now, yes I would keep Lt. Governor EarlAW as my running mate. The Lt. Gov. has been doing a more then great job serving the people of the Northeastern region, so my answer is as of now yes.

LiberalPA: well, it seems that i have run out of questions, so i guess this is the end of this unusaually short interview.

So there you have it according to the governor himself: senate: 110%  no. Governorship: maybe.. Marriage Equity Act: needs re-writing. President eventually: oops. forgot to ask him that question. oh well. i would re-cap the rest but then there would be no reason to read the interview yourself. Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 05:46:12 PM »

The NE Senate Race is not until October, three months from now.

Right now Colin Wixted, a Union Party member, holds this seat.  I don't know whether he will be running for re-election or not, but if he were to run for re-election, I am sure he would do it under the Union Party banner. 

If not, I am fairly confident that another Union Party member would choose to run for the seat.

It is my hope that we will soon see a re-Districting map coming out of the Governor's meeting and that things will be settled as to the distribution of District Senate seats come next election.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 05:49:49 PM »

The NE Senate Race is not until October, three months from now.

Right now Colin Wixted, a Union Party member, holds this seat.  I don't know whether he will be running for re-election or not, but if he were to run for re-election, I am sure he would do it under the Union Party banner. 

If not, I am fairly confident that another Union Party member would choose to run for the seat.

It is my hope that we will soon see a re-Districting map coming out of the Governor's meeting and that things will be settled as to the distribution of District Senate seats come next election.

This is absolutely correct. I will run again in October as a member of the Union Party which MAS also belongs to. I would like it if the Atlasian Messager would print a correction on this or I will bring them to court. Good day.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 06:07:14 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2005, 06:09:23 PM by Senator A.J.* King IV »

If you are talking about the District 3 seat which covers the Northeast and is held by me, a Union member, my intention is to run for re-election if nobody reasonable (aka not a commie) is the only opposition.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 06:10:22 PM »

Did anyone read the banner? Anyone? "The Atlasian Messenger, the news thats usually right most of the time" that was not a most of the time moment.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 06:12:54 PM »

Did anyone read the banner? Anyone? "The Atlasian Messenger, the news thats usually right most of the time" that was not a most of the time moment.

But as the in-power party, we demand all of our news be in the accurate column while the ACA and Farmer-Labor people have the dead baby-eating articles! Grin Wink
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 06:17:15 PM »

But as the in-power party, we demand all of our news be in the accurate column while the ACA and Farmer-Labor people have the dead baby-eating articles! Grin Wink
what we can do is get a bias translator from every party to take every article and re-write it according to what thier party wants to hear. that would be cool. Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 06:29:34 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2005, 06:54:12 PM by Governor CheeseWhiz »

Who’s Running for Governor? [/u]
BELLE FOURCHE - Ever since CheeseWhiz announced that he would be running for Senate instead of seeking re-election, the question has been: Ilikeverin or PBrunsel?  After Governor CheeseWhiz’s announcement, Ilikeverin said he would run for Governor, then PBrunsel mentioned the possibility of himself running and Ilikeverin said he would run for Senate instead.  Yet, PBrunsel is still unsure if he’ll seek re-election or try to win back the Governor’s mansion.  One thing seems almost certain, whoever doesn’t run for Governor will be running for Senate instead.  Both Ilikeverin and PBrunsel would almost unquestionably win the Governor’s race, but it seems PBrunsel is the more likely of the two to win a Senate race.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 07:30:51 PM »

If ya'll keep actively doing stories and such, this is going to be a great news orginization.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 09:40:20 PM »

If ya'll keep actively doing stories and such, this is going to be a great news orginization.
i hope so
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 06:25:05 AM »
« Edited: July 13, 2005, 06:36:17 AM by Akno21 »

Ben Nominated As Judge[/u]

COLLEGE PARK-- With his confirmation as Attorney General complete, Al’s seat as Judge in the Mideast is vacant. On July 12, Lieutenant Governor Dean officially nominated Ben, former Treasury Secretary and current resident of Virginia, for the Judge position. The move was seconded by Frodo, and approved by Senators Sam Spade and MHS2002, who is a resident of the Mideast. Discussions had been had on this topic in the past few weeks. MHS2002 was the first choice of the Lt. Governor, but his election as Senator eliminated any chance of him getting the job. Ben has indicated that he will able to serve, saying “thanks for the consideration, and I’m keen to signal my interest in the post.” Ben’s activity has been inconsistent in Atlasia, but virtually everyone agrees that he will be an excellent Judge, a job that does not require day to day activity.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 10:59:03 AM »
« Edited: July 13, 2005, 03:12:08 PM by LiberalPA »

Special Interest Groups: Could They Become A Big Election Factor?[/b][/u]
PEORIA,IL-The amount of SIG's(special interest groups) is beginning to rise again: just in the last few weeks we've seen the return of The ACLC, the beginnning of The HeartlandPAC, and three new parties (which can count as SIG's if they have no candidate in the race). Are they going to change the outcome of any of the upcoming elections? In a recent poll I took (which has very few respondants so the margin of error is like +/- 25%)80% of Atlasians believe that SIG's will have an effect, and 60% think they will have a large effect. 75% also believe that we have a good amount right now, while 30% feel that we could use more. When asked what was their favorite SIG, the results were very different, showing that no SIG holds a monopoly in Atlasia. While you often see poele put something in their signature like "endorsed by the ACLC" or "Backed by The NRA", you never see the organizations really go out and fight for their candidates. no ads, no get out the vote PM campaigns, no spinning the news, nothing. Could increased action by SIG's change election results, or would they just be ignored? I guess someone is just going to have to try, because as the polling shows, no one is bothered by seeing alot of them.....yet.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 12:02:17 PM »

If the NRA has really been unsuccessful or uninterested in getting-out-the-vote, pushing candidates and spinning the news, then how does this explain the simple fact that 8 out of the 10 Senators, the VP in Atlasia, and three out of five members of the President's cabinet are members of the NRA; that the NRA has been extremely successful in passing concealed carry laws in every Region and getting passed a essential amendment to the Constitution in protection of our gun rights; and that every NRA-endorsed candidate has won elected office in Atlasia.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 12:05:38 PM »

If the NRA has really been unsuccessful or uninterested in getting-out-the-vote, pushing candidates and spinning the news, then how does this explain the simple fact that 8 out of the 10 Senators, the VP in Atlasia, and three out of five members of the President's cabinet are members of the NRA; that the NRA has been extremely successful in passing concealed carry laws in every Region and getting passed a essential amendment to the Constitution in protection of our gun rights; and that every NRA-endorsed candidate has won elected office in Atlasia.
i dont believe that they are winning the elections because of the NRA. you are very picky, Spade.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2005, 12:08:58 PM »

i dont believe that they are winning the elections because of the NRA. you are very picky, Spade.

It's my job. 

The NRA certainly has helped candidates win in the past and present behind-the-scenes.  Just because the media hasn't noticed it does not mean that it does not exist.

Also, I'm giving an example of how the NRA spins the news for itself by spinning your news right now.  Wink
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2005, 02:15:43 PM »

It's my job. 

The NRA certainly has helped candidates win in the past and present behind-the-scenes.  Just because the media hasn't noticed it does not mean that it does not exist.

Also, I'm giving an example of how the NRA spins the news for itself by spinning your news right now.  Wink
your spinning is quite obvious, Spade. the NRA helps its candidates as much as any other SIG does. i dont believe SIG's often decide elections, because that isnt true...yet. Once the ACLC gets going, im sure it wont be like other SIGs. its going to go out and really work for its candidates. my article simply states that SIG's could do more to affect the outcome of elections. certainly you agree.

i can spin news too spade
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2005, 02:25:30 PM »

It's my job. 

your spinning is quite obvious, Spade. the NRA helps its candidates as much as any other SIG does. i dont believe SIG's often decide elections, because that isnt true...yet. Once the ACLC gets going, im sure it wont be like other SIGs. its going to go out and really work for its candidates. my article simply states that SIG's could do more to affect the outcome of elections. certainly you agree.

As I said in the poll.  The NRA could kill a candidate that opposes it in a stronghold like the south.  It does hold a lot of influence.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2005, 02:46:07 PM »

It's my job. 

As I said in the poll.  The NRA could kill a candidate that opposes it in a stronghold like the south.  It does hold a lot of influence.
in the south. outside of the south, it has as much power as anything else
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2005, 03:00:18 PM »

It's my job. 

The NRA wouldn't need to kill the candidate, he'd do poorly with no negative campaigning against him anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies