Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:45:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Does anyone on this forum support Trump anymore?  (Read 5110 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2017, 02:30:06 PM »

I feel so bad for the the #NeverTrump guys who think people like them have a future in the GOP.

LOL.  Alright, buddy.
Tom, how do I put this delicately? You are f'ed. You are persona non grata. #NeverTrumpers will be crucified by the base for their betrayal.

What about real conservatives (i.e. not the RINO Never Trumpers or the RINO Trumpists)?  You know, the people who actually agree with everything in the official GOP platform?
You mean...and I have to be harsh here even though I despise the word....you mean the cucks?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2017, 02:48:06 PM »

Sanchez chuckled. "You mean the Cuckold Emeralds?"
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2017, 02:57:44 PM »

I feel so bad for the the #NeverTrump guys who think people like them have a future in the GOP.

LOL.  Alright, buddy.
Tom, how do I put this delicately? You are f'ed. You are persona non grata. #NeverTrumpers will be crucified by the base for their betrayal.

What about real conservatives (i.e. not the RINO Never Trumpers or the RINO Trumpists)?  You know, the people who actually agree with everything in the official GOP platform?
You mean...and I have to be harsh here even though I despise the word....you mean the cucks?

I think he means the real conservatives, not the ACTUAL RINOs who eat up Democratic talking points on class issues but just happen to be ignorant and have too much cultural grievance to vote for the party they ideally belong in?
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2017, 03:22:03 PM »

LOL.  Alright, buddy.

I think he means the real conservatives, not the ACTUAL RINOs who eat up Democratic talking points on class issues but just happen to be ignorant and have too much cultural grievance to vote for the party they ideally belong in?
Don't blame us for your party becoming a joke. And if Trumpists belong in the Democratic Party because it represents their economic interests, then everyone belongs in the Democratic Party; the conservative voodoo "economics" of massive increases in military spending, modest cuts to other areas that aren't enough to make up for those massive increases, and simultaneously slashing taxes and borrowing to fund the government, don't benefit ANYONE in the long run.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2017, 04:12:07 PM »

LOL.  Alright, buddy.

Don't blame us for your party becoming a joke. And if Trumpists belong in the Democratic Party because it represents their economic interests, then everyone belongs in the Democratic Party; the conservative voodoo "economics" of massive increases in military spending, modest cuts to other areas that aren't enough to make up for those massive increases, and simultaneously slashing taxes and borrowing to fund the government, don't benefit ANYONE in the long run.

Are you high, dude?  Where did I "blame you" or even address you at all?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2017, 04:16:29 PM »

Don't attribute to drugs what can be adequately explained by being a sociopath.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2017, 04:19:32 PM »

RINO Tom says maryijawana is bad!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2017, 04:45:48 PM »

This thread is going well. I love how everyone seems think that they get to decide what conservatism really is, and what the Republican Party is all about. As if there isn't this thing called subjectivity...
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2017, 08:41:18 AM »
« Edited: August 28, 2017, 08:45:02 AM by RINO Tom »

RINO Tom says maryijawana is bad!

Not every Republican you dislike fits your boogeyman, kid.  Trust me, RINO Tom and "maryijawana" get along just fine, LOL.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2017, 03:10:51 PM »

This thread is going well. I love how everyone seems think that they get to decide what conservatism really is, and what the Republican Party is all about. As if there isn't this thing called subjectivity...

X 1000.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2017, 03:24:43 PM »

X 1000.

Defending your own brand of conservatism when it is directly attacked =/= thinking you define what conservatism or the Republican Party is all about, IMO.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2017, 03:35:11 PM »

X 1000.

Defending your own brand of conservatism when it is directly attacked =/= thinking you define what conservatism or the Republican Party is all about, IMO.

Wasn't directing anything at you. Im not even sure which specific posts inspired the comment I agreed with (my agreement is with it as a general statement). I just hate the tendency of people to think that rival ideologies are objectively what amounts to a caricature of what proponents of that ideology would argue. Or people who think that symbols they dont like only have 1 objective interpretation, and that its straight up impossible for people to think the same thing has different meanings.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2017, 03:42:45 PM »

I don't have complete faith in anyone's judgment.

To be honest, I have been fairly ambivalent about Trump from day 1 - other than appointing Gorsuch, I can't say there were any huge wins from my point of view, but nothing I forcefully disagree with either as far as policies go.  I can't speak for others, but I don't feel strongly enough to feel a need to defend Trump, especially on a liberal forum like this (and there are some statements by Trump which I found disappointing, especially after Charlottesville).

My take is basically the same. I sometimes defend Trump from particularly poor criticisms (and there are certainly poor ones along with good ones, both on this forum and elsewhere), but overall I am deeply ambivalent about him. More than anything, recent events impress upon me that the political situation is a dumpster fire and will continue to be one well after Trump leaves office.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies