Opinion of Atlas After Dark
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:34:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Atlas After Dark
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HF

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 111

Author Topic: Opinion of Atlas After Dark  (Read 16276 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2017, 10:30:48 PM »

For the record despite the talk about "arbitrarily deleting accounts", only two people have ever been permabanned on AAD, one for being a Nazi and the other for death threats.
And one of those guys was a filthy SPOOK. So I don't think he counts as a real person.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2017, 11:09:00 PM »

For the record despite the talk about "arbitrarily deleting accounts", only two people have ever been permabanned on AAD, one for being a Nazi and the other for death threats.

Wasn't someone banned indefinitely around election time over something trivial, and then only reinstated months later after a bunch of complaints?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2017, 11:11:30 PM »

Not to be a killjoy, but isn't solicitation against the rules here?
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2017, 11:17:49 PM »

He may be referencing when we cleared out a bunch of accts that registered and never posted.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2017, 04:30:07 AM »

He may be referencing when we cleared out a bunch of accts that registered and never posted.

I had an account way back in summer 2015 (which had made like 20 posts and uploaded an avatar to avoid the spambot dilemma). I didnt visit for a few weeks and when I returned my account didnt exist and the link in the original email took me to the host homepage which also said my account did not exist anymore. This would have been like within the first few months it existed. I don't really care since yall have full custody of Lief and Sawx now.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2017, 07:42:34 AM »

Wasn't someone banned indefinitely around election time over something trivial, and then only reinstated months later after a bunch of complaints?

OK, this is what I was thinking of:

IIRC Classic Conservative was banned because HockeyDude was in a really bad mood at the time.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2017, 08:50:01 AM »

It wasn't trivial though. He made an insanely bigoted post.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2017, 09:11:50 AM »

Opposing gay marriage qualifies as something that's ban-worthy over there?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2017, 09:56:57 AM »

No, otherwise jmfcst would have been banned a long time ago.  (Fortunately no one likes him there.)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2017, 10:08:08 AM »

No, otherwise jmfcst would have been banned a long time ago.  (Fortunately no one likes him there.)

But that's what I'm saying.  I thought Classic Conservative got banned because his post said that gay marriage was a problem.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2017, 04:41:36 PM »

While there's a lot of "good discussion" claims, I've heard from quite varied sources AAD can be quite an echo chamber. Care to address this, folks?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2017, 10:11:38 PM »

But that's what I'm saying.  I thought Classic Conservative got banned because his post said that gay marriage was a problem.

I don't know the context of his post, but I doubt it was just that.  He's widely disliked there.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2017, 10:17:15 PM »

I don't know the context of his post, but I doubt it was just that.  He's widely disliked there.

No, that's my point.  BRTD says he was banned for making an "insanely bigoted post", but my recollection was that the main objection to it was because it was anti-gay marriage.  So if that's the case, then I'm assuming that the reason why such a post was used as grounds to ban him is because "he's widely disliked there".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2017, 10:19:22 PM »

This is what got him banned:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2017, 10:22:15 PM »

Meanwhile jmfcst boasts about jerking off to his dead coworker and makes a thread blaming gays for the Scalise shooting.  Why is he still there?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2017, 10:30:05 PM »

Putting aside his hilariously skewed opinions of what people are fed up with, his idea of what direction the courts are going is probably not correct. Even if 4 years of conservative appointments shifted it enough in that direction, how long they stay tilted to conservatives largely depends on if Trump serves another term or not. A Democrat winning in 2020 and even worse (for him), winning 2 terms would set conservatives back bigly in the courts for a long time. In that case, Trump's win would have been a pyrrhic victory.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2017, 10:30:53 PM »

FF

Scott,

Your signature is making me uncomfortable Confused
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2017, 03:14:51 AM »

Holy hell, if that's offensive to you you shouldn't be on the internet (or allowed out of the home).  You guys are SOOOO soft.  Like fat babies.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2017, 04:01:28 AM »

Meanwhile jmfcst boasts about jerking off to his dead coworker and makes a thread blaming gays for the Scalise shooting.  Why is he still there?

Wow, so much for consistency. Old Atlas isn't alone it seem.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2017, 08:49:26 AM »

This is a fantastic post full of love and hope, something you know nothing about
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2017, 11:43:49 AM »

Hang on, wasn’t IBDD also banned?  Was he later let back on?  According to this post, he was banned.  Banned by ”free speech” crusader HockeyDude because he leaked to Bushie the fact that people were re-posting Bushie’s Facebook posts on AAD against his wishes?  (And btw, it actually wouldn’t surprise me if cyberstalking someone like that was against Proboards rules, but I can’t say for sure.)

I also like how HockeyDude banned a slew of accounts with 5 or fewer posts because he didn’t like the fact that people were relaying information about stuff on AAD back to Atlas forummers like Bushie, saying that doing so constituted “actively trying to destroy this place”:

http://atlasafterdark.freeforums.net/thread/2236/deleted-50-lurker-accounts-posts?page=2&scrollTo=60454

Got that?  People leaking Bushie’s FB posts to AAD is OK, but people leaking to Bushie the fact that he’s being stalked is “actively trying to destroy this place”.  Gotta go with Gustaf on that one:

http://atlasafterdark.freeforums.net/thread/2236/deleted-50-lurker-accounts-posts?page=4&scrollTo=61542

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2017, 12:18:59 PM »

It's kind of moot now, because Bushie is there and an active poster, and he posts long screeds of dull as dirt details from his personal life, and almost no one reads them anymore because they're boring as sh!t. Update is effectively over.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2017, 12:35:36 PM »

Hang on, wasn’t IBDD also banned?  Was he later let back on?  According to this post, he was banned.  Banned by ”free speech” crusader HockeyDude because he leaked to Bushie the fact that people were re-posting Bushie’s Facebook posts on AAD against his wishes?  (And btw, it actually wouldn’t surprise me if cyberstalking someone like that was against Proboards rules, but I can’t say for sure.)

I also like how HockeyDude banned a slew of accounts with 5 or fewer posts because he didn’t like the fact that people were relaying information about stuff on AAD back to Atlas forummers like Bushie, saying that doing so constituted “actively trying to destroy this place”:

http://atlasafterdark.freeforums.net/thread/2236/deleted-50-lurker-accounts-posts?page=2&scrollTo=60454

Got that?  People leaking Bushie’s FB posts to AAD is OK, but people leaking to Bushie the fact that he’s being stalked is “actively trying to destroy this place”.  Gotta go with Gustaf on that one:

http://atlasafterdark.freeforums.net/thread/2236/deleted-50-lurker-accounts-posts?page=4&scrollTo=61542

AAD is what you would expect to find after most radical revolutions, a dictatorship governed by arbitrary law.

As for the rest of the site's problems, it is literally a case of "it all being there in manual". The "After Dark" portion of the name. The place encourages people with bad judgment to engage in some of the dumbest actions possible all in the name of preserving that stupid update bs. Not to mention the sideline trouble such as the whole Mod Leaks fiasco, which did no one any good, but I am sure it felt good sticking it to the Atlas for about 5 minutes.

"And some I assume are good people, but they're bringing crime, they're bringing the update..." Tongue
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2017, 12:45:48 PM »

Used to be terrible, now is pretty good.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2017, 01:40:51 PM »

Meanwhile jmfcst boasts about jerking off to his dead coworker and makes a thread blaming gays for the Scalise shooting.  Why is he still there?

Maybe because BRTD doesn't have a borderline sociopathic obsession with jmfcst 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies