The South's Governor Mansion (I'm baaaaacckkk)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:48:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The South's Governor Mansion (I'm baaaaacckkk)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The South's Governor Mansion (I'm baaaaacckkk)  (Read 2684 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 25, 2016, 02:00:11 AM »
« edited: October 27, 2017, 02:12:10 AM by dfwlibertylover »

Like my predecessor, Governor PiT, this is where I will run the South from and where all bills from the Chamber of Delegates shall be vetoed or signed, along with any appointments and decrees I have to make will will originate from. I hope to make the Southern Region the best region within Atlasia and make the South a successful and thriving place to live for all Southerners, cheers!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 02:01:31 AM »

ZombieSpenstar is hereby appointed to the Chamber of Delegates seat vacated by Jack Enderman.

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 02:06:00 AM »

The unofficial "cabinet of advisers" I have selected based on those who applied are:

Jbrase
Spiral
NeverAgain
Peebs
Enduro
Santander

I realize my original plan was 5 advisers, but given that these are unofficial spots I had a bit of leeway to adjust that number, I thank all of the people who applied and in the event of one of these advisers resigning, or, heaven forbid, being ejected, they will be one of the first to be considered for the role. If this is successful, I will try to make these official positions for whoever holds the office next or if I have a 2nd term!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 02:26:10 AM »

Given the lack of representation within the South, I hereby order a Special Election to be held on the weekend of December 2 - December 5 ( next weekend) for the Southern Class I Senate Seat vacated by Senator dfwlibertylover
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 04:57:15 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2016, 05:11:27 PM by Governor dfwlibertylover »

Governor dfwlibertylover statement on the death of Fidel Castro

Like most free thinkers within Atlasia, I am glad that another tyrant has left our great planet, the nation of Cuba is just a bit more free now that the tyrant is gone. Today we celebrate with the Cuban-Atlasians  who were forced to flee his wrath as they celebrate in the streets of Little Havana. I invite all Cuban-Atlasians, and all freedom loving Southerners, to attend a party honoring his departure from this world on the lawn in front of the Southern Capital building in Nashville a week from now, Saturday,  December 3rd from 7:00 PM - 12:00 AM Central time.

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 05:22:29 PM »

The unofficial "cabinet of advisers" I have selected based on those who applied are:

Jbrase
Spiral
NeverAgain
Peebs
Enduro
Santander

I realize my original plan was 5 advisers, but given that these are unofficial spots I had a bit of leeway to adjust that number, I thank all of the people who applied and in the event of one of these advisers resigning, or, heaven forbid, being ejected, they will be one of the first to be considered for the role. If this is successful, I will try to make these official positions for whoever holds the office next or if I have a 2nd term!

I gladly accept the position, and will advise you to the best of my ability.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 10:51:53 PM »

I will note that given the recent agreement between President Blair and Justice Yankee, I am presently in the process of searching for a suitable Associate Justice / Southern Justice nominee to replace Justice Yankee when he formally leaves the position, this will allow for the Court to remain fully in place and will allow the South's court system to remain intact as things progress.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 09:47:36 PM »

Governor dfwlibertylover statement on party switch
As many of you may, or may not, have noticed, I have changed parties to the newly formed Southern Alliance Party. This is NOT a Southern Political Party but rather a Federal Political Party that runs in the South. While I would like to remain very closely allied with the Federalist Party ( if I run for re-election I would consider accepting the endorsement of both parties, if necessary) I found it necessary to join this party because I believe in everything it stands for, I look forward to growing within this party and continuing to work with all parties and elected officials within the South.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 09:48:16 PM »

Sad! The Hammurabi Freedom Party stands opposed to your cruel hate of our BFF's the Federalists.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 01:29:41 AM »

Fidel Castro memorial act:

Given the recent death of Fidel Castro, AND

Given the great number of Cuban ex-pats that reside within the south who have their families currently divided AND

Given the democratic mandate of both the Chamber of Delegates and the current congress of Atlasia AND

Given the terrible deprivations suffered by the Cuban people under 50 years of communism AND

Given the desire to increase the overall economy and trade within the south AND

Given longstanding interests in the island for the people of Atlasia, AND

Given the current presence of military bases on the island AND

Given the current movement of Puerto Rico to become another great state of the Union.

Be it resolved that:

The Chamber of Delegates supports the initiation of hostilities against the remnants of the Castro regime including but not limited to Raul Castro.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 02:08:10 PM »

Fidel Castro memorial act:

Given the recent death of Fidel Castro, AND

Given the great number of Cuban ex-pats that reside within the south who have their families currently divided AND

Given the democratic mandate of both the Chamber of Delegates and the current congress of Atlasia AND

Given the terrible deprivations suffered by the Cuban people under 50 years of communism AND

Given the desire to increase the overall economy and trade within the south AND

Given longstanding interests in the island for the people of Atlasia, AND

Given the current presence of military bases on the island AND

Given the current movement of Puerto Rico to become another great state of the Union.

Be it resolved that:

The Chamber of Delegates supports the initiation of hostilities against the remnants of the Castro regime including but not limited to Raul Castro.

I'm sorry Delegate Kenobi, but this is the Governor's personal residence, not the place to introduce bills.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 08:01:20 PM »

Peebs is appointed to the position of Southern Election Secretary

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 09:26:02 PM »

Since people are SCROOGES, the previous two executive orders have been rescinded and deleted.

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2016, 10:34:00 PM »

As we enter the month of December, I would like to release a bit of a preview of some of my initiatives which I hope to have out within this month.

- Infrastructure projects:
. Repair of our roads and especially our highway system. Hope to have a bill out in December which addresses repair of our major highways and some city roads, while city roads will be primarily funded by the Southern Government and local governments ( in collaboration with each other), our major highway system will be partially funded by the Regional government and partially funded by private companies. The goal is to establish tolls to fund this project as per the part of the private companies, but families making less than 50,000$ a year would receive a tax credit to make up for this loss of income/monetary losses due to these toll roads.
. The Train system is still in the works, I promise. Initially, the train system will only be about 1/4 of the originally planned system. The goal is to break ground on the train system in 2017 with connections from El Paso to Dallas and then moving along I-20 from there, with an east coast line running up from Atlanta to Nyman, and  another east coast line from Atlanta to Miami, funding will have to be addressed as well, but again some private intervention is likely in this project.

Addressing unemployment:
Newly released figures from the GM indicate that unemployment is still on the rise in the South, this is believed to be due to problems within the transfer of power at the federal level. Regardless, the best short term path forward is to be begin removing the red tape which has until now restricted businesses from majorly expanding and competing, it is believes that this would help bring unemployment down by at least 1%. Beyond that, I will be working with my advisers to address long term unemployment and hopefully we get out a long term plan by the New Year.

Social Issues:
I fully support the Constitutional Carry bill introduced by Ben Kenobi and Leinad, I see no reason to oppose this and I hope to continue to protect the Constitutional rights of our southern citizens whether it be through signing bills like this or through executive order.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 03:40:07 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2016, 03:51:05 AM by Governor dfwlibertylover »

Recently, I have been taking another look at the Southern Regional Constitution and while I feel that the committee members did a good job making the Constitution in the time they had, I feel it necessary to create a Constitutional taskforce to review and suggest changes to our Southern Constitution. This taskforce will make a report due no later than January 1st at 12:00 AM Central Time, this report would suggest non-binding changes to our Constitution which could be made by the Region, by the Chamber, and by me. If the taskforce needs additional time, it may request it. This taskforce will be composed of:

. Speaker of the Southern Chamber of Delegates, Leinad
. Speaker of the Atlasian House of Representatives, NeverAgain
. Former Governor and Southern Delegate, PiT
. Registrar General , Southern Elections Secretary, and Representative Peebs
. Leader of the Southern Alliance Party, Jbrase

Note: Leinad shall serve as chair/leader of this taskforce and will run it's proceedings accordingly, if the taskforce wishes to elect another leader after it's initial meeting, they may.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 04:23:36 PM »

I look forward to working on this committee. Excellent proposal, Governor.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 05:02:53 PM »

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 07:41:07 PM »

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 08:20:56 PM »

Thank you for the honor, Governor
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2016, 02:42:25 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2016, 02:44:46 AM by Leinad »

As the person who crafted this idea with you, Mr. Governor, I certainly think it is a good one, and thank you for putting me in charge of it! Now time for me to make the thread...
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 09:09:40 PM »

1184AZ is hereby appointed to fill Senator PiT's seat in the Southern Chamber of Delegates.

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2016, 12:33:46 AM »

Jbrase is hereby nominated to the Supreme Court of Atlasia as Associate Justice and Southern Justice, filling the seat vacated by Vice President North Carolina Yankee, finalized by confirmation or denial by the Southern Chamber of Delegates.

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 12:35:50 AM »

Thank you Governor for this honor! Grin
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2016, 03:13:48 PM »

I really do love how active we are in the South.

As Leinad has been elected to the Senate, whenever he formally leaves his Chamber of Delegate seat, diptheriadan will hereby take his seat on the Chamber of Delegates on Friday, or whenever Leinad formally leaves the chamber.

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2016, 12:57:26 PM »

As is my job ( not specified in the Southern Constitution, so I shall make it my honor to do so) , I hereby adjourn the Chamber of Delegates of all business starting at 11:59 PM, tonight, December 22nd, 2016 central time ( as Nashville is in the Central Time Zone) until December 28th at 10:00 AM Central Time, Wednesday, December 28th, 2016.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies