a thread for ranting about minor annoyances (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:37:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  a thread for ranting about minor annoyances (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: a thread for ranting about minor annoyances  (Read 6023 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 27, 2016, 12:46:23 PM »

people that don't understand how the passing lane works are always tops on my list minor annoyances

the electrical gremlins in The Beast that keep blowing the fuse that controls semi-important things like turn signals and dash gauges

the asshat that tried to sell me 4 tires today when I only needed one...no I don't think a 3mm tread difference is going to make my AWD system blow up, but thanks anyway.  Nor did he quite gronk the urgency I was in as my boy had a flight out of town at 11 and it was 9 when this conversation was going on AND he had to have the tires brought in from the warehouse.  I don't know how he made his flight.  I dropped him off at the airport at 10:37...for an 11am flight.  Oddly he was the first one on the plane, I haven't gotten the full story how that happened yet.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 08:46:34 AM »

Situation: turning left at a green light with no arrow (i.e., you have to yield to oncoming traffic) and you are the second care in line.

When the POS in front of you sits comfortably at the line instead of getting out into the damn intersection so that you can make it through when the light turns yellow with them (and not be late, as is the case with me more often than not).  Am I a psycho Illinois driver at heart?  Sure.  But that is seriously so annoying, and it's not like moving up an extra five feet is reckless or out of your comfort zone or whatever else little bitch drivers use as excuses for why they drive like they're blind and scared ... it literally is just helping the person behind you out.

End rant.
Or the people that won't make a right on a red.....EVER*....or worse than that, if the going straight light is red, but the right turn arrow is green because cross traffic is turning and they just sit there for the entire green and then notice it's green right before it turns yellow so only they get to go and not them and 5 cars behind them that should have gone.  This happens about 3 times a month for me, amazingly frustrating.

*yes, I understand there are some large exceptions to the law that allows you to turn right on red, NYC is famously backwards about it, but for most of the country and certainly everywhere around here it's perfectly fine and normal behaviour.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 09:46:33 AM »

laundry is one of the easiest household chores isn't it?  Just wait until the dirty basket is full, go dump it in the machine with some soap, press a couple of buttons then do other sh**t?  I suppose if you have to go somewhere or you've got "delicates" (whateverthefunk that means) it might suck....or are you one of those racists that divides their clothing up along color lines? Smiley
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 10:22:55 AM »

laundry is one of the easiest household chores isn't it?  Just wait until the dirty basket is full, go dump it in the machine with some soap, press a couple of buttons then do other sh**t?  I suppose if you have to go somewhere or you've got "delicates" (whateverthefunk that means) it might suck....or are you one of those racists that divides their clothing up along color lines? Smiley

Huh? We don't have such fancy machines in Poland Cry

Yes, I have one, but it's in repair, so I must use more primitive model
oh my, like by hand?  I'm totally picturing this (perhaps slightly newer)

if so, that's nuts!  Do you have laundromats in Poland?  They use to be everywhere, now only the poor parts of town, around colleges and military bases.  I would guess the bigger city downtowns may have nice ones, but usually they are kind of nasty even if the clientele isn't.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 09:14:04 AM »

People who chew with their mouths make me irrationally angry. If you so this, PLEASE STOP.
Yeah people, chew with your ears like God intended!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 08:54:44 AM »

3) Going off this, there are a lot of  synagogues of all denominations that arrange seating by who donates the most. I think this is disgusting and also goes against Jewish values.
that is crazy messed up, for several reasons.  Just gross.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
It's the same with ex-addicts.  They are the worst.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 08:08:13 AM »

More major, telemarketing scams. Yeah, I know. That's about as edgy as being anti child abuse. But they suck. The one area of non-criminal Defense work I actively do is suing a number of telemarketers, which seemed to be inordinately based in Southern Florida, for tcpa violations.
you're doing the Lord's work.  I will go easier on you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies