Clinton Campaign Counsel: "We'll participate in recount"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:05:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton Campaign Counsel: "We'll participate in recount"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Clinton Campaign Counsel: "We'll participate in recount"  (Read 3266 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 26, 2016, 12:56:32 PM »

“While that effort has not, in our view, resulted in evidence of manipulation of results, now that a recount is underway, we believe we have an obligation to the more than 64 million Americans who cast ballots for Hillary Clinton to participate in ongoing proceedings to ensure that an accurate vote count will be reported.”

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/307559-clinton-campaign-attorney-promises-to-participate-in
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 01:00:05 PM »

NO.

Goddammit, why?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 01:09:19 PM »

Why not? She already lost, what more does a near 70-year-old former secratary of state with no political prospects have to loose?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 01:12:01 PM »

I think this is a totally reasonable response from the Clinton campaign.  They're effectively a primary party to the recount, and while they didn't initiate it, it seems kind of weird for them to no-show to it.  They even started their press release by saying there's no evidence that results were manipulated.  I'm fine with this, and if my last dozen posts of complaining haven't made it clear, I think the recount rationale is about as stupid as anyone does.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 01:24:07 PM »

I think this is a totally reasonable response from the Clinton campaign.  They're effectively a primary party to the recount, and while they didn't initiate it, it seems kind of weird for them to no-show to it.  They even started their press release by saying there's no evidence that results were manipulated.  I'm fine with this, and if my last dozen posts of complaining haven't made it clear, I think the recount rationale is about as stupid as anyone does.

It is stupid, but it's fun to watch some of the Republicans on Atlas foam at the mouth over it Tongue
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 01:34:17 PM »

I thought we were not supposed to question the election result.

And yet, some are plotting to steal it.
Donnie

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 01:39:07 PM »

Nice. She will lose twice.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 01:50:35 PM »

Glorious news! Anything and everything to question and delegitimize this cretin - along with his supposed "win" - should be on the table.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 01:55:56 PM »

I think this is a totally reasonable response from the Clinton campaign.  They're effectively a primary party to the recount, and while they didn't initiate it, it seems kind of weird for them to no-show to it.  They even started their press release by saying there's no evidence that results were manipulated.  I'm fine with this, and if my last dozen posts of complaining haven't made it clear, I think the recount rationale is about as stupid as anyone does.

It is stupid, but it's fun to watch some of the Republicans on Atlas foam at the mouth over it Tongue

Well, yeah...in the same way it was fun for Republicans to watch Democrats freak over Trump's crap about the election results possibly being dubious.  It's basically 100% the same thing.  Kind of hard to enjoy it when it's crazy and often hypocritical Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 02:32:37 PM »

Well, yeah...in the same way it was fun for Republicans to watch Democrats freak over Trump's crap about the election results possibly being dubious.  It's basically 100% the same thing.  Kind of hard to enjoy it when it's crazy and often hypocritical Tongue

I freely admit that it's hypocritical.  That said, it's not the same because Democratic elected officials aren't calling for an armed insurrection.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 02:50:08 PM »

This.  What the Democrats should be doing is saying, "let's put an end to the recounts, and the political games".  That would be a class act on their part.  However, and as usual, they have shown that at least the Clinton "campaign" has no interest in acts of class and dignity.  They are only interested in getting Hillary elected; by any means that they feel are required.  I have absolutely no respect for them right now.  Sad
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 02:59:19 PM »

What is so wrong with this recount? I don't see anyone here shouting "Crooked Donny rigged it! Hillary is the righteous winner in Wisconsin! If the recount doesn't show her ahead, it was HACKED!"

Most of us have accepted the results, and aren't expecting the recount to change the results. Meanwhile, a certain Republican Governor from North Carolina has also requested a recount, and is showing no sign of accepting the results, pedaling theories about dead voters and illegal immigrants to try and muddy up the situation enough to cause a vote by the legislature. That might mean that he would get another term even if the recount still gave him fewer votes.

But please, continue to tell me how the Democrats are the ones who are out of line.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 03:29:11 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2016, 03:32:43 PM by Crumpets »

There's a pretty clear difference between reaffirming narrow margins through a recount and challenging the legitimacy of the political process altogether. Recounts are fine regardless of the circumstances. If Romney had wanted to recount Florida for posterity, there's no problem with that. The problem comes from liberals who insist that this is about Russian hacking, when as of now, there's not a shred of evidence to support this claim. I suppose there's a 0.1% chance that a recount could uncover something suspicious, but it's not a good idea to suggest that our voting process has been undermined and squash future turnout and faith in our elections. THAT is what Donald Trump was doing in October, and it's what some, but by no means not all, on the left are doing now. The Clinton campaign is certainly not in the group of people who are arguing this, so I don't see what they could possibly be doing wrong.

EDIT: I do also hope the recount will bring to light the issue of provisional ballots, since I don't think there's much of an effort to reform the use of provisional ballots, and this might get that discussion a bit more into the mainstream.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 03:59:46 PM »

This.  What the Democrats should be doing is saying, "let's put an end to the recounts, and the political games".  That would be a class act on their part.  However, and as usual, they have shown that at least the Clinton "campaign" has no interest in acts of class and dignity.  They are only interested in getting Hillary elected; by any means that they feel are required.  I have absolutely no respect for them right now.  Sad

K
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 04:26:04 PM »

Yep. We honestly need to spend the next four years kicking and screaming. I'm not being sarcastic.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 04:35:23 PM »

Yep. We honestly need to spend the next four years kicking and screaming. I'm not being sarcastic.

Not like Republicans did any different.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 04:54:48 PM »

#Dictator-Elect
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 04:57:40 PM »

The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama Trump to be a one-term president.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 05:33:56 PM »

Sentences on Atlas I didn't finish reading:

I freely admit that it's hypocritical.  That said, it's not the same because...
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 05:34:30 PM »

The bottom line, these recounts are not going to change anything.

If the Clinton campaign really thought a recount might change the results, they would have initiated one themselves.

Clearly, that confirms beyond any question that the Clinton campaign knows a recount will not change any of the results in their favor.

To the Democrats and other malcontents who did not get the memo:

You lost.

Get over it.  
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 05:36:42 PM »

If the Clinton campaign really thought a recount might change the results, they would have initiated one themselves.

Clearly, that confirms beyond any question that the Clinton campaign knows a recount will not change any of the results in their favor.

You lost.

Get over it.  

The people didn't vote for Trump.

He has no mandate like Obama had in 2008 and 2012.

We have every right to resist his vision of America which the majority of this country rejected.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2016, 06:16:06 PM »

You lost.

Get over it.  

We have every right to resist his vision of America which the majority of this country rejected.
Technically, the majority rejected Clinton also.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2016, 06:31:23 PM »

You lost.

Get over it.  

Technically, the majority rejected Clinton also.

Sadly the perennial favorite Governor Didntvote has never agreed to serve a term as President.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2016, 06:31:29 PM »

But I thought that only conspiracy theorists ever thought that anything was rigged.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2016, 06:32:24 PM »

Not sure what the big deal about this is, but whatever. It's just a recount.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies