IL-Gov. 2018 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:36:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-Gov. 2018 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 54
Author Topic: IL-Gov. 2018 Megathread  (Read 112585 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: January 17, 2018, 04:34:11 AM »

Kennedy's CoH is below $750k. Biss is fairly clearly the main opponent to Pritzker now

And that's only after he wrote himself a check (and got another Kennedy to do so)

He really should drop out
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #501 on: January 17, 2018, 08:35:28 AM »

Kennedy's CoH is below $750k. Biss is fairly clearly the main opponent to Pritzker now

!!!! That’s it?! Yeah no kidding

To put this in context, Kennedy has less than a quarter of Biss's CoH. With about $70k a week to spend, he can't be on the air in Chicago/St. Louis in any meaningful sense -- it's barely enough to pay staff. He really ought to either kick in a ton of his own money or drop out, but he will do neither.
Littlefinger
Rookie
United States

« Reply #502 on: January 23, 2018, 09:40:23 PM »

Dems held a debate on NBC 5 Chicago earlier that got very contentious and nasty at times, mainly between JB Pritzker and Daniel Biss, who appear to be the two frontrunners. Chris Kennedy had a major gaffe when asked to name something positive about the other candidates, he said he couldn't think of anything to say, which he would later go on to say he would regret in a post debate interview. Hopefully Biss wins because if it is Pritzker vs. Rauner, Rauner will likely win due to low grassroots support for Pritzker.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/democratic-illinois-governor-forum-candidates-470768353.html

https://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/nbc-democratic-governor-forum-470773483.html
diptheriadan

« Reply #503 on: January 24, 2018, 12:46:19 AM »

What did Kennedy do exactly?
Babeuf

« Reply #504 on: January 24, 2018, 02:05:09 AM »

Pritzker and Rauner buying up every available tv ad slot until November will be an actual nightmare for people living in the state. Good luck Illinois.
Littlefinger
Rookie
United States

« Reply #505 on: January 24, 2018, 01:27:55 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcLgoC1Y1D8&list=LLFIYFbW8ql6mYWO_7z0Ydaw&index=1

* It is from Pritzker's youtube channel, but Kennedy did catch major flak on social media and had to apologize in the post debate press conference
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #506 on: January 24, 2018, 07:53:40 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcLgoC1Y1D8&list=LLFIYFbW8ql6mYWO_7z0Ydaw&index=1

* It is from Pritzker's youtube channel, but Kennedy did catch major flak on social media and had to apologize in the post debate press conference
Pritzker actually sounded genuine and gracious during that segment, too. Terrible look for Kennedy.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #507 on: January 24, 2018, 09:26:35 PM »

Jeanne Ives held a press conference flanked by state legislators who have endorsed her: http://www.mystateline.com/news/republican-legislators-including-rep-tim-bivins-endorse-ives-for-governor/937543529

In my wildest dreams, I wish for a Daniel Biss/Jeanne Ives showdown lol
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #508 on: January 24, 2018, 09:33:13 PM »

Illinois is only competitive down ballot due to incompetent dems.

I fear Rauner could well win.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #509 on: January 25, 2018, 10:29:11 AM »

Jeanne Ives held a press conference flanked by state legislators who have endorsed her: http://www.mystateline.com/news/republican-legislators-including-rep-tim-bivins-endorse-ives-for-governor/937543529

In my wildest dreams, I wish for a Daniel Biss/Jeanne Ives showdown curbstomping lol

ftfy
Littlefinger
Rookie
United States

« Reply #510 on: January 26, 2018, 09:17:17 PM »

Biss earned the endorsement of MoveOn.org, a major progressive advocacy organization that could be potentially significant in a primary with 66% of Illinois voters in an online poll. Obviously he likely wont win 66% of the vote in the actual primary, but I think it is a good sign of enthusiasm for Biss on the progressive, activist wing of the Democratic wing party.

http://wvik.org/post/daniel-biss-lands-moveonorg-endorsement-illinois-governor#stream/0
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #511 on: January 26, 2018, 10:10:12 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if progressive leaders swoop in during the final weeks to prop up Biss, not necessarily to topple Pritzker but possibly to demonstrate the power of the wing of the party.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #512 on: January 27, 2018, 04:23:01 PM »

https://youtu.be/W5_AsZXEgVw

Ouch!  If I were Rauner, I'd hold my fire until after JB has won the primary.  He might not make it at this point.  Progressives are turning on him.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #513 on: January 27, 2018, 04:31:54 PM »

The full recording is even worse.  Totally corrupt and scheming.

https://youtu.be/-DBy6wR9XkU
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #514 on: January 27, 2018, 04:37:07 PM »

Ouch!  If I were Rauner, I'd hold my fire until after JB has won the primary.  He might not make it at this point.  Progressives are turning on him.

Yeah, what the hell is he doing? He should wait until JB is the nominee, and then blast him with these ads. This could be a gamechanger, but instead he seems to be trying to get Biss or Kennedy as his opponent?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: January 27, 2018, 05:30:00 PM »

Yeah, what the hell is he doing? He should wait until JB is the nominee, and then blast him with these ads. This could be a gamechanger, but instead he seems to be trying to get Biss or Kennedy as his opponent?

He probably thinks the primary is safe Pritzker.  But there is still about 2 months left.  This could really hurt JB.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #516 on: January 27, 2018, 05:34:08 PM »

If this image takes hold, Pritzker could lose the primary.

Perhaps Rauner sees Biss as a weaker GE opponent in general, or has oppo on Biss dangerous enough to ruin his candidacy post-primary.

Or he just wants the GE to be two anti-Madigan candidates.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #517 on: January 27, 2018, 05:59:39 PM »

Ohh the inner campaign staffer in me takes pure joy in that; both in obtaining the wiretap audio and in the number of ing views it's got on youtube for a political ad.

This article raises an interesting point. Pritzker wasn't doing anything illegal, and it's not a career ending piece of opposition research.

The big question with stuff like this is does is change a view of the candidate? People knew that Pritzker is a rich, sleazy and generally questionable businessman, who has close ties to a long list of Democratic politicians. Will it change the outcome of the Democrat Primary? Probably not.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #518 on: January 27, 2018, 06:02:48 PM »

With redistricting coming up, it's beyond pathetic that national Dems aren't stepping in to stop the Pritzker sh*t show.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #519 on: January 27, 2018, 06:08:27 PM »

With redistricting coming up, it's beyond pathetic that national Dems aren't stepping in to stop the Pritzker sh*t show.

Well what are they gonna do to stop him?
He's got the entire state machine and his billions behind him, how could they stop him without throwing everything against him?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #520 on: January 27, 2018, 06:22:06 PM »

Well, with Lisa Madigan resigning and the anti Madigan message has gotten through to Democrats all over the state.  Illinoians think the Democratic legislative process needs a united Democratic gov't, as Bliss as its Governor.  Pritzer or Bliss can beat Rauner. With a polarized parliament.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #521 on: January 27, 2018, 06:42:11 PM »

He's got the entire state machine and his billions behind him, how could they stop him without throwing everything against him?

They should be throwing everything they have against him.

If Rauner manages to win re-election, Dems have nobody to blame but themselves.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #522 on: January 27, 2018, 06:46:12 PM »

Having a businessman Rauner doesn't help his chances with Trump in the WH
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #523 on: January 27, 2018, 07:11:54 PM »

Maybe he thinks Biss will be easier to beat because he (Rauner) could easily outspend him?
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #524 on: January 27, 2018, 07:31:28 PM »

They should be throwing everything they have against him.

If Rauner manages to win re-election, Dems have nobody to blame but themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 54  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies