The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:15:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30
Author Topic: The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)  (Read 48639 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: March 28, 2017, 11:22:16 PM »

Sorry, folks. Managed to update armies, but I'm exhausted after a very unpleasant day... Formal turn crisis will have to wait until I have a chance to sleep.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #501 on: March 29, 2017, 02:10:02 AM »
« Edited: March 29, 2017, 02:14:29 AM by Garlan Gunter »

Sorry to hear that lumine, hope just hard work nothing personal. The wedding listed I assume should be me and Arianne not Shireen and trissy - grabbing onto what straws I still can!! Excited / freaked out re the entrance of our new players...

By the way, I didn't comment on the whole western alliance being shot down thing because I was away over the weekend; unsurprisingly I agree with Leonardo but perhaps more importantly it would have been good to hear any ooc doubts from the mod at an earlier stage, in order to be able to react and discuss. I'm also now unsure what happened ic (breakdown of negotiations? Nothing at all?)

Congratulations to the Khal Dkrol; not only did he utterly merc me last turn but he, Doran and I are now the only original players hanging in!
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #502 on: March 29, 2017, 09:34:20 AM »

Trystane and Shireen also were married Wink
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #503 on: March 29, 2017, 10:11:58 PM »

Very personal, actually, but I'll survive. Writing the turn, have ruled positive on Shireen and Trystane and Robin and Arya getting married (bear in mind neither match will be consummated until quite a few years along the line, and that's a final ruling).

As to the western issue, we assume it didn't took place. I apologize for not acting earlier, but AZ1187 was not sending me any PM's and so I was partially blindsided. Next time I'll step in immediately. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #504 on: March 29, 2017, 10:41:49 PM »

Very personal, actually, but I'll survive.  *snip*

I hope everything's alright! Sad
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #505 on: March 29, 2017, 10:54:07 PM »

Thank you! But no, it really isn't.

Turn is up, but it's very simple on the "crisis" for each player given the current circumstances (hope you won't mind). I do have a proposal, since I think I went overboard by having Lysa Arryn kill herself after learning about Baelish's death. Lysa would be an interesting factor to be playable, and in that sense I was wondering whether X would be interested in playing as Lysa (which I believe is the case) and whether people would complain about this retcon.

I'll wait until tomorrow night for responses and then edit either Royce or Lysa into the turn.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #506 on: March 29, 2017, 11:40:09 PM »

I got to tell y'all, and I should've told y'all sooner, but I'm not going to continue playing Catelyn. I can play this turn, so Lumine can have more time to find a replacement.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #507 on: March 30, 2017, 02:20:47 AM »

I'd love to see Lysa in play!
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #508 on: March 30, 2017, 02:37:55 AM »

My only brook against such a move is that Lysa suiciding after LF death is far more likely than any other alternative.

Then again I think she has been under represented in the game and would provide the most fun of all alternatives.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #509 on: March 30, 2017, 02:54:22 AM »

My only brook against such a move is that Lysa suiciding after LF death is far more likely than any other alternative.

Then again I think she has been under represented in the game and would provide the most fun of all alternatives.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #510 on: March 30, 2017, 03:08:52 AM »

Well, after all, Lysa never actually committed suicide, and her suicidal feelings were Littlefinger's fiction! She still has Robin and vengeance (ulp?!) to live for...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #511 on: March 30, 2017, 04:30:21 AM »

Turn is up, but it's very simple on the "crisis" for each player given the current circumstances (hope you won't mind). I do have a proposal, since I think I went overboard by having Lysa Arryn kill herself after learning about Baelish's death. Lysa would be an interesting factor to be playable, and in that sense I was wondering whether X would be interested in playing as Lysa (which I believe is the case) and whether people would complain about this retcon.

I'll wait until tomorrow night for responses and then edit either Royce or Lysa into the turn.
I'd absolutely love to switch to Lysa Smiley
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #512 on: March 30, 2017, 06:20:00 AM »

If X would like to switch to Lysa I'd definitely go for Lysa being Regent of the Vale instead of Yohn
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #513 on: March 30, 2017, 02:52:14 PM »

X could you post a lot of things as Lysa Arryn please?

Her insanity has always made me laugh so much lol
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #514 on: March 30, 2017, 04:04:44 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2017, 04:08:05 PM by Dereich »

I say you make it a botched suicide attempt. That would make early reports of her death and Yohn's powergrab attempt at leadership make sense while reinforcing the instability and psychological issues we've come to know and love from Lysa. If you want to go extreme with it, have it leave a mark so her crazy inside can be matched by a crazy outside.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #515 on: March 30, 2017, 04:20:46 PM »

I say you make it a botched suicide attempt. That would make early reports of her death and Yohn's powergrab attempt at leadership make sense while reinforcing the instability and psychological issues we've come to know and love from Lysa. If you want to go extreme with it, have it leave a mark so her crazy inside can be matched by a crazy outside.

Nah, the Vale Lords would probably just ignore/depose her then Sad  Plus it'd rob the Vale of it's most competent commander which hardly seems fair.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #516 on: March 30, 2017, 04:24:58 PM »

Nah, the Vale Lords would probably just ignore/depose her then Sad  Plus it'd rob the Vale of it's most competent commander which hardly seems fair.

If they didn't already, when she married LF? No way. Especially Yohn; no way he'd disrespect Jon Arryn's memory and sully his honor by trying to keep power after he found out Lysa was still alive (and still held his liegelord).
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #517 on: March 30, 2017, 04:25:25 PM »

Randyl Tarly just made the biggest act of kindness that Westeros has seen since the start of the game.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #518 on: March 30, 2017, 04:29:21 PM »

Randyl Tarly just made the biggest act of kindness that Westeros has seen since the start of the game.
Hahahaha are you serious?

This is not kindness, he gets hostages from the other side and is 'ow seen as a good guy.

This is honestly really smart.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #519 on: March 30, 2017, 04:52:28 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2017, 05:02:51 PM by Fearless Leader X »

Very personal, actually, but I'll survive.  *snip*

Nah, the Vale Lords would probably just ignore/depose her then Sad  Plus it'd rob the Vale of it's most competent commander which hardly seems fair.

If they didn't already, when she married LF? No way. Especially Yohn; no way he'd disrespect Jon Arryn's memory and sully his honor by trying to keep power after he found out Lysa was still alive (and still held his liegelord).
Presumably that would be retconed too as I only asked Swedge to do it b/c I believed Lysa was dead.  Nice try, but it's pretty obvious what your real agenda is Roll Eyes

Also I'm not gonna switch if it's under the conditions Dereich described because...well...I'm not stupid Tongue  It'd really be a shame too because I had some really fun ideas about what Lysa might do in this situation that could've made the game a lot less predictable and even more fun for everyone than it already is Sad
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #520 on: March 30, 2017, 05:24:14 PM »

Nah, the Vale Lords would probably just ignore/depose her then Sad  Plus it'd rob the Vale of it's most competent commander which hardly seems fair.

Presumably that would be retconed too as I only asked Swedge to do it b/c I believed Lysa was dead.  Nice try, but it's pretty obvious what your real agenda is Roll Eyes

Also I'm not gonna switch if it's under the conditions Dereich described because...well...I'm not stupid Tongue  It'd really be a shame too because I had some really fun ideas about what Lysa might do in this situation that could've made the game a lot less predictable and even more fun for everyone than it already is Sad

My real agenda is to make a better story that makes sense in the universe, as it always is. Lysa is emotional, dramatic, and utterly devoted to Petyr Bailish. Her at very least attempting a showy suicide attempt after his death makes much more sense than her taking sudden, violent death in stride. She found his body, stabbed and bloody for gods sake. I think it would be OOC any other way.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #521 on: March 30, 2017, 06:27:14 PM »

My real agenda is to make a better story that makes sense in the universe, as it always is. Lysa is emotional, dramatic, and utterly devoted to Petyr Bailish. Her at very least attempting a showy suicide attempt after his death makes much more sense than her taking sudden, violent death in stride. She found his body, stabbed and bloody for gods sake. I think it would be OOC any other way.

That's because you haven't thought of every possibility Tongue  There is another very IC possibility...  I also think there's something to be said for letting folks play characters their own way when doing so would not effect gameplay.  And your idea regarding Royce doesn't do anything except help the enemies of the Vale.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #522 on: March 30, 2017, 09:02:49 PM »

Hahahaha are you serious?

This is not kindness, he gets hostages from the other side and is 'ow seen as a good guy.

This is honestly really smart.

It's called sarcasm, Randyl is not capable of kindness. He's a less political Tywin. At least, in my opinion.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #523 on: March 30, 2017, 09:34:41 PM »

I have no objections IF X commits to her unpredictability and insanity. Then it very much would make the game more interesting

And I have confidence he will do that.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #524 on: March 30, 2017, 11:03:10 PM »

I have no objections IF X commits to her unpredictability and insanity. Then it very much would make the game more interesting

And I have confidence he will do that.

I give you my word that I will commit to that 110% Evil
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies