The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:16:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30
Author Topic: The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)  (Read 48949 times)
leonardothered
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: April 17, 2017, 03:00:42 PM »

Do we have anyone in the North?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #601 on: April 17, 2017, 03:08:29 PM »

Garlan took Manderly.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #602 on: April 17, 2017, 03:10:26 PM »

Some of the Riverlords should probably go to the North then; just split em I say, itd be unrealistic for all to flop to one or the other. Some may even be undeclared.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #603 on: April 17, 2017, 04:08:05 PM »

Some of the Riverlords should probably go to the North then; just split em I say, itd be unrealistic for all to flop to one or the other. Some may even be undeclared.

Why would they go for Manderly over Lysa?  I really don't see the rationale for that, tbh.  At the very least most (especially Riverrun, Maidenpool, wherever the Blackwoods and Vances reside, and the Freyless Twins) would go for Lysa with a few scattered neutral minor houses.  Let's not forget The Vale did quite a bit to help The Riverlands in this verse, far more than Edmure did tbh.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #604 on: April 17, 2017, 04:11:12 PM »

This, also, the war has decimated riverland power so bad that one person having all the riverlords sworn to them would equal to an almost meaningless ability to wage war.

In other words, Enduro wants a quick solution that helps the North slightly and allows him to read the next end of turn quicker.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #605 on: April 17, 2017, 04:12:54 PM »

Why would they go for Manderly over Lysa?  I really don't see the rationale for that, tbh.  At the very least most (especially Riverrun, Maidenpool, wherever the Blackwoods and Vances reside, and the Freyless Twins) would go for Lysa with a few scattered neutral minor houses.  Let's not forget The Vale did quite a bit to help The Riverlands in this verse, far more than Edmure did tbh.

You forget that House Manderly was on the front lines since the red wedding, and House Stark has done far more to help the Riverlands than the Vale which is being led by an unpredictable crazy woman. Which would you choose?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #606 on: April 17, 2017, 04:16:24 PM »

Honestly, guys, do whatever you want, as long as the game restarts soon.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #607 on: April 17, 2017, 09:10:26 PM »

You forget that House Manderly was on the front lines since the red wedding, and House Stark has done far more to help the Riverlands than the Vale which is being led by an unpredictable crazy woman. Which would you choose?

1) You're already dead, I know you want the North to do well, but again, you're dead Tongue 

2) House Manderly has done literally nothing for The Riverlands, certainly nothing any RiverLord would care about, especially compared to The Vale
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #608 on: April 17, 2017, 09:14:41 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2017, 09:16:35 PM by Fearless Leader X »

Why would they go for Manderly over Lysa?  I really don't see the rationale for that, tbh.  At the very least most (especially Riverrun, Maidenpool, wherever the Blackwoods and Vances reside, and the Freyless Twins) would go for Lysa with a few scattered neutral minor houses.  Let's not forget The Vale did quite a bit to help The Riverlands in this verse, far more than Edmure did tbh.

1) You're already dead, I know you want the North to do well, but again, you're dead Tongue  

2) House Manderly has done literally nothing for The Riverlands, certainly nothing any RiverLord would care about, especially compared to The Vale

3) What I mentioned in my initial post seems like a reasonable worst case scenario for Lysa (who would have the support of The Blackfish and whom no one knows is crazy).

4) Btw, if Riverlands power really is as weak as you say, what's the big deal if I feel pretty strongly about this and even Windjammer indicated giving them to The Vale was the simplist solution.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #609 on: April 17, 2017, 10:16:08 PM »

Okay, never done one of these before, but Lumine's games are always the bomb. So, I am going to join as the Blackfish (assuming it's open). Thanks!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #610 on: April 17, 2017, 10:16:57 PM »

Okay, never done one of these before, but Lumine's games are always the bomb. So, I am going to join as the Blackfish (assuming it's open). Thanks!

Problem solved!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #611 on: April 17, 2017, 10:23:43 PM »

Oh, thank the seven.

Turn will be up tomorrow afternoon, gentlemen! Get ready for the backstabbing to start again!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #612 on: April 19, 2017, 12:02:06 AM »

Have fun.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #613 on: April 19, 2017, 03:08:04 PM »

By the way guys I'm curious, Cersei is obviously now irrelevant but let's imagine she wasn't.
How would she react about Aegon ? I mean he's the son of someone she deeply loved but as well the son of Lyanna someone she hated.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #614 on: April 19, 2017, 03:34:27 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2017, 05:26:12 PM by Fearless Leader X »

By the way guys I'm curious, Cersei is obviously now irrelevant but let's imagine she wasn't.
How would she react about Aegon ? I mean he's the son of someone she deeply loved but as well the son of Lyanna someone she hated.

She didn't deeply love Rhaegar, so...I'm guessing hated.  I also dispute the notion that Cersei ever truly loved anyone other than herself, but that's another matter.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #615 on: April 19, 2017, 10:07:42 PM »

Completely agree on Cersei. I doubt she even truly loved her children or at least loves power more.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #616 on: April 20, 2017, 02:10:30 AM »

Also Aegon is (believed to be) Elia's son not lyanna's!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #617 on: April 23, 2017, 10:12:29 AM »

Are you all okay???
Swedge
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #618 on: April 23, 2017, 10:15:17 AM »

Hehe, Yessir Smiley
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #619 on: April 23, 2017, 11:32:13 AM »

I'm unable to focus on the game until tomorrow, but I have every intention to do so once I can.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #620 on: April 23, 2017, 05:47:27 PM »

By the way Lumine,
Does Connington have the grey scale in this scenario?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #621 on: April 23, 2017, 07:26:33 PM »

By the way Lumine,
Does Connington have the grey scale in this scenario?

No.

I'll be answering questions and some rulings in the coming minutes.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #622 on: April 25, 2017, 09:37:35 AM »

Terribly sorry everyone but I'm going to have to withdraw. Life getting very hectic, in a good way but still! Enjoy the fun, and thanks especially to Lumine for providing it, as ever, so friskily
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #623 on: April 25, 2017, 05:23:12 PM »

Terribly sorry everyone but I'm going to have to withdraw. Life getting very hectic, in a good way but still! Enjoy the fun, and thanks especially to Lumine for providing it, as ever, so friskily

Perfectly understandable (I'm also struggling with finding time for the game), but good to know things are going well!

Any suggestions as to what to do with the North?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #624 on: April 25, 2017, 05:25:10 PM »

Perfectly understandable (I'm also struggling with finding time for the game), but good to know things are going well!

Any suggestions as to what to do with the North?
Make it NPC?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies