OH: More Money Stuff (August)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:05:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 79
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 185156 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: December 07, 2017, 10:24:23 AM »

That stupid mother-effer.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1176 on: December 07, 2017, 12:35:03 PM »

What a moron.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1177 on: December 07, 2017, 04:14:16 PM »

I'm beginning to think we might see something akin to the Periello v Northam race play out in the Ohio Democratic primary. Cordray's sowing up a lot of support from DC and federal players, but Whaley and Sutton continue to roll out more state level endorsements. The absolutely fractured field of six -- from which it seems unlikely anyone will drop -- means Cordray should win the primary with ease, but I doubt he clears 35% in the primary.
Rjjr77
« Reply #1178 on: December 07, 2017, 09:27:44 PM »

I mean does it really matter?
Rjjr77
« Reply #1179 on: December 07, 2017, 09:30:59 PM »

"Murray also had been considered as a running mate for both Attorney General Mike DeWine and Secretary of State Jon Husted. But Murray saw her chances of being part of an establishment ticket eliminated last week, when Husted dropped out of the governor's race to become DeWine's running mate."

I'm not familiar with Ohio politics: What makes Murray such an attractive potential Lt. Governor? I understand trying to find someone with Cinci appeal, but she's just a City Councillor and barely won reelection last year and previously lost it in a past election?

shes a popular figure with money and connections in the cincy area. she won this time by a fairly decent margin. Everyone barely won election to Cincy city council in the mess they had this time around, she was heavily rumored to be Dewines selection prior to the combination of the ticket
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1180 on: December 07, 2017, 09:45:15 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2017, 09:47:46 PM by BuckeyeNut »

Probably not. He's still an ass.

"Murray also had been considered as a running mate for both Attorney General Mike DeWine and Secretary of State Jon Husted. But Murray saw her chances of being part of an establishment ticket eliminated last week, when Husted dropped out of the governor's race to become DeWine's running mate."

I'm not familiar with Ohio politics: What makes Murray such an attractive potential Lt. Governor? I understand trying to find someone with Cinci appeal, but she's just a City Councillor and barely won reelection last year and previously lost it in a past election?

shes a popular figure with money and connections in the cincy area. she won this time by a fairly decent margin. Everyone barely won election to Cincy city council in the mess they had this time around, she was heavily rumored to be Dewines selection prior to the combination of the ticket

Define everyone, and define barely. P.G. Sittenfeld got nearly 40,000 votes, +7,000 more votes than Cranely did, and Cranley was running for Mayor. David Mann and Chris Seelbach also cleared 30,000 votes. Only the nine people elected only Murray and one other received less than 25,000 votes.

ION: Senator Sherrod Brown's lovely wife, Connie Schultz, offered a (not-so) soft endorsement of Nan Whaley on her Facebook page.
Rjjr77
« Reply #1181 on: December 07, 2017, 11:10:46 PM »

Probably not. He's still an ass.

Define everyone, and define barely. P.G. Sittenfeld got nearly 40,000 votes, +7,000 more votes than Cranely did, and Cranley was running for Mayor. David Mann and Chris Seelbach also cleared 30,000 votes. Only the nine people elected only Murray and one other received less than 25,000 votes.

ION: Senator Sherrod Brown's lovely wife, Connie Schultz, offered a (not-so) soft endorsement of Nan Whaley on her Facebook page.

you can't really look at total votes in a race where every voter gets 9!!! votes, I'd expect the top vote getter in a race like this to far outpace the Mayor when everyone gets 9 votes.

only 2% (only 9,000 total votes) separated 3rd place from last place. You know its a messed up election when so many people run that the bottom 7 people combined would have finished third, and not one city councilperson broke 10%
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1182 on: December 08, 2017, 08:46:45 AM »

While I see your point, it's not as if folks get to cast those 9 votes however they like. No one gave a single vote to Cranely, 4 votes to Sittenfeld, 3 votes to Seelbach, and 2 votes to Mann. Or have I got how voting down there works entirely wrong? Yes, the Cranely-Simpson race was close, I'd be hugely surprised if any of the Columbus City Council members got more votes than the Mayor.
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #1183 on: December 08, 2017, 05:07:27 PM »

Cordray will be obliterated, big league.

He is a phony.
Rjjr77
« Reply #1184 on: December 08, 2017, 05:28:57 PM »

While I see your point, it's not as if folks get to cast those 9 votes however they like. No one gave a single vote to Cranely, 4 votes to Sittenfeld, 3 votes to Seelbach, and 2 votes to Mann. Or have I got how voting down there works entirely wrong? Yes, the Cranely-Simpson race was close, I'd be hugely surprised if any of the Columbus City Council members got more votes than the Mayor.

you are correct, but often people pick 9 when they are offered the opportunity to pick nine, so you very much see that in city council races (especially with a HUGE number of people to vote for)

And columbus, which has far less people running for city council in 2015, had 3 of the 4 people get very close to the mayors total. had they been able to choose 9 there would have been more and that mayors race wasnt close
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1185 on: December 08, 2017, 07:18:09 PM »

Ask this Ohio defense attorney about the number of 4-3 votes on important issues in the Ohio Supreme Court, and you'll get a resounding yes.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1186 on: December 09, 2017, 08:39:23 AM »

Ask this Ohio defense attorney about the number of 4-3 votes on important issues in the Ohio Supreme Court, and you'll get a resounding yes.

Hopefully, Kasich appoints another O'Conner, not another DeWine.

Speaking of which, can we also take a moment to pause and ask, if Mike DeWine is elected governor, how much a conflict of interest there will be for Pat DeWine being on the court? Hell, how much a conflict of interest there is now with his father being the state attorney general?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1187 on: December 09, 2017, 12:21:27 PM »

Hearing credible rumors Nina Turner is going to jump in.
Rjjr77
« Reply #1188 on: December 09, 2017, 12:32:22 PM »

Please please please please please.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1189 on: December 09, 2017, 12:54:29 PM »

Please please please please please.

Really hoping it's fake news, Turner could actually win in a 7 person field.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1190 on: December 09, 2017, 01:52:32 PM »

Gross
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1191 on: December 09, 2017, 02:03:42 PM »

LOL, good lord. Ohio Dems are a hot mess.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1192 on: December 09, 2017, 02:34:28 PM »

Who will even vote for her? Warren's behind Cordray.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1193 on: December 09, 2017, 05:20:56 PM »

HERE WE GO!
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1194 on: December 09, 2017, 05:47:23 PM »

Oh man I would laugh so hard. Can you post a source?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1195 on: December 09, 2017, 07:26:36 PM »

PWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DeWine be like "Thanks for the governorship".
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1196 on: December 09, 2017, 11:56:56 PM »

No, just something at the ODP Holiday Party.

Hoping folks are wrong.
Former Kentuckian
Cal

« Reply #1197 on: December 10, 2017, 12:09:21 AM »

Hoping folks are wrong.

How did the people at the ODP Holiday Party feel about the possibility of Nina Turner running?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1198 on: December 10, 2017, 08:53:53 AM »

Hoping folks are wrong.

How did the people at the ODP Holiday Party feel about the possibility of Nina Turner running?

Nina Turner is only slightly more popular with the ODP than Bill O’Neill and for good reason.  She’s an egomaniacal phony who always makes vanity runs on a radical fringe platform.  Any influence she has today is largely just the ODP throwing a bone to the Sanders folks.  I should note that Turner nearly ended up agreeing to be Jill Stein’s runningmate in 2016.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #1199 on: December 10, 2017, 12:35:27 PM »

Hoping folks are wrong.

Nina Turner is only slightly more popular with the ODP than Bill O’Neill and for good reason.  She’s an egomaniacal phony who always makes vanity runs on a radical fringe platform.  Any influence she has today is largely just the ODP throwing a bone to the Sanders folks.  I should note that Turner nearly ended up agreeing to be Jill Stein’s runningmate in 2016.
Thats blatantly false she was asked and refused saying she is a democrat
http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2016/08/nina_turner_turns_down_offer_t.html
I don't know why people want to slander Nina so badly if she jumps in I will support her
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies