OH: More Money Stuff (August)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:33:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 79
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 184854 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1225 on: January 03, 2018, 06:08:04 PM »

Iraq paratrooper veteran, OSU alumnus, lawyer, and Team Rubicon* employee Ken Dowds has announced for SD-03. No prior office, but a good get. The seat is open, but despite being very Democratic by PVI, has voted for Republicans in the past. I think it's very likely to break for Democrats this year, so Dowds seems a little moderate for my taste. But beggars can't be choosers, and with a 9-24 minority in the Senate, I'm certainly a beggar.

* Team Rubicon is OH-07 candidate Ken Harbaugh's organization which trains and deploys veterans to work in natural disaster relief.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1226 on: January 04, 2018, 01:07:20 PM »

So say the pretty accurate rumorists over at 3rd Rail.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #1227 on: January 04, 2018, 01:12:17 PM »

I thought Sutton was one of the Democrats that criticized Cordray for stepping down from CFPB? If it's true, it could bridge the divisions created from the primary.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1228 on: January 04, 2018, 01:15:31 PM »

I thought Sutton was one of the Democrats that criticized Cordray for stepping down from CFPB? If it's true, it could bridge the divisions created from the primary.

Sutton was the one who criticized him least. And she's also the one whose candidacy was hurt most by Cordray's entry. Sutton had been consolidating establishment support but wasn't raising any money because what few big bucks there are in the Ohio Democratic primary were all waiting for Cordray to make his final decision.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1229 on: January 04, 2018, 01:31:35 PM »

Oh good, I was worried the ticket would be too exciting with just Cordray Tongue
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1230 on: January 04, 2018, 01:35:55 PM »

Oh good, I was worried the ticket would be too exciting with just Cordray Tongue

No effing kidding.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1231 on: January 04, 2018, 02:57:16 PM »

Cordray/Sutton appears to be an excellent ticket. It's a smart move for Sutton as well since Cordray is clearly being eyed by Elizabeth Warren as a potential VP or cabinet pick.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1232 on: January 04, 2018, 03:43:29 PM »

Cordray/Sutton appears to be an excellent ticket. It's a smart move for Sutton as well since Cordray is clearly being eyed by Elizabeth Warren as a potential VP or cabinet pick.

Strong on paper, but also super low energy and susceptible to the same playbook Portman used against Strickland. Failed politicians, staid in DC, insider's insider, etc. It'll be hypocritical coming from DeWine, but it was hypocritical coming from Portman. So...
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1233 on: January 04, 2018, 04:54:46 PM »

Strong on paper, but also super low energy and susceptible to the same playbook Portman used against Strickland. Failed politicians, staid in DC, insider's insider, etc. It'll be hypocritical coming from DeWine, but it was hypocritical coming from Portman. So...

I mean, DeWine isn’t particularly high-energy either...
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1234 on: January 04, 2018, 06:43:36 PM »

The dynamics I imagine will be quite different in a gubernatorial race, and Cordray likely won't have the same issues with flip-flopping and gaffes as Strickland. Some reliable polling would be beneficial before making any other further analysis.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1235 on: January 04, 2018, 09:39:18 PM »

Cordray's not gonna be on anyone's VP list even if he wins, which he probably won't (although anything's possible).
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1236 on: January 04, 2018, 10:18:34 PM »

I mean, DeWine isn’t particularly high-energy either...

This is true. Still have little confidence in Cordray as a GE candidate. Schiavoni would be better, even if he's much less likely to get the nomination.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1237 on: January 05, 2018, 10:43:19 AM »

Mary Taylor evidently looking at former Secretary of State and gubernatorial nominee Ken Blackwell to be her running mate. Taylor, Whaley, Pillich, O'Neill, Cordray -- and Sutton, if not teaming up with Cordray -- all need to pick running mates fast. There are only 34 days left to file the 1,000 petition signatures needed to get on the ballot, and those petitions must include the intended running mate.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1238 on: January 06, 2018, 12:25:39 AM »

With Mandel dropping out of the Senate race, expect Renacci and/or Taylor to drop out and run for Senate, leaving DeWine to waltz to the general while Democrats scramble.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1239 on: January 06, 2018, 03:01:38 PM »

Taylor is staying in. Renacci very likely to jump ship.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1240 on: January 07, 2018, 05:07:47 PM »

Negotiations with Sutton evidently go as planned. Which is good. I hope no one currently in offers to be his Lieutenant.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #1241 on: January 07, 2018, 05:36:06 PM »

If Cordray is trying to team-up with one of the female candidates running for his Lt. Governor candidate, Whaley strikes me as the best one as compared to Sutton and Pillich. Though I'm not sure how likely that is to happen.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1242 on: January 07, 2018, 05:52:28 PM »

If Cordray is trying to team-up with one of the female candidates running for his Lt. Governor candidate, Whaley strikes me as the best one as compared to Sutton and Pillich. Though I'm not sure how likely that is to happen.

Whaley would be the least likely to join Cordray's ticket. Sutton joining makes sense on paper since a lot of her base overlaps with Cordray, and a lot of them were just with her so long as he didn't get in. Pillich's polling has been sh!t, despite killing it in with small dollar donations, so that would be a reason to team up. She would also bring non-demographic diversity to the ticket because for all the love people think he should get from progressives for his CFPB work, Warren endorsement, etc., Cordray is the establishment pick in the race.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1243 on: January 07, 2018, 06:00:24 PM »

Sutton did an interview with a local news station just a few days ago didn't seem like she was planning on dropping out.

http://wkbn.com/2018/01/05/meet-candidate-for-ohio-governor-betty-sutton/
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1244 on: January 08, 2018, 02:28:27 PM »

Justice O'Neill to announce his running mate tomorrow. I am low-key, high-key surprised he was able to find a rat willing to jump on to his sinking ship.
Usili
Rookie

« Reply #1245 on: January 08, 2018, 02:52:05 PM »

So apparently Kucinich seems like he's going to be announcing a run for Governor: http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2018/01/dennis_kucinich_files_paperwor.html
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1246 on: January 08, 2018, 02:55:07 PM »

Wonderful. What's wrong with Cordray again?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1247 on: January 08, 2018, 03:08:59 PM »

I'm sure that a Fox News talking head and Trump apologist will be the prohibitive favorite in a Dem primary.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1248 on: January 08, 2018, 03:20:40 PM »

*he's running*
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1249 on: January 08, 2018, 03:29:41 PM »

Wonderful. What's wrong with Cordray again?

He's a low energy bore.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies