OH: More Money Stuff (August)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:47:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 184950 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: February 18, 2018, 08:26:30 PM »

Is Cordray still pro-gun I know he was endorsed by the NRA back in 2010?

No, he’s not.

He has an A rating from the NRA, and helped strike down Cleveland's assault weapons ban. He's far more pro gun than Bernie, whom the establishment pained as an NRA stooge. But the establishment doesn't care about consistency.

Seek help

Seriously. This. Ted also had an A from the NRA until he didn’t. The same goes for Cordray.
TheRocketRaccoon
Singapore

« Reply #1451 on: February 20, 2018, 11:45:08 AM »

https://twitter.com/jbalmert/status/965985156719960065

You must be logged in to read this quote.

FFS
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1452 on: February 20, 2018, 11:47:41 AM »

Anyone who watches politics, and isn't a member of the Sanders cult, knows that Our Revolution is a bunch of grifters.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1453 on: February 20, 2018, 11:55:56 AM »

Endorsing a candidate that has sucked Trump off on Fox is a sad new low for them.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1454 on: February 20, 2018, 03:13:20 PM »

Anyone who watches politics, and isn't a member of the Sanders cult, knows that Our Revolution is a bunch of grifters.

To be fair, a lot of Bernie cultists know it too...
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1455 on: February 20, 2018, 03:22:58 PM »

Why isn't Richard Cordray good enough for them?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1456 on: February 20, 2018, 03:42:34 PM »

Is it true that Nina Turner is responsible for this (the Kucinich endorsement)?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1457 on: February 21, 2018, 08:25:58 AM »

Is it true that Nina Turner is responsible for this (the Kucinich endorsement)?

Turner leads the org, so yes? It depends how you assign responsibility.

Evidently, two different gubernatorial xandidates asked her to be their running mate. That could only have been Kucinich and O’Neill. Both of them wound up choosing Black women to be there running mates in te end, and Kucinich chose a Bernie delegate.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #1458 on: February 21, 2018, 11:20:13 AM »

This is a bad move. He's very progressive on certain issues, and that's good, but Kucinich is a kook.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1459 on: February 21, 2018, 02:56:26 PM »

Veteran, surgeon, and millionaire venture capitalist John Heavey will not be on the Democratic primary ballot for Governor, due to failing to qualify. Neither will would-be failed-State Senate candidate Neil Patel, nor failed-Cincinnati Mayoral candidate Kelli Prather, who was evidently running for Auditor. I'm a little surprised Heavey didn't make it on, since I know he was looking to hire field staff, but I'm honestly glad he failed to qualify.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1460 on: February 21, 2018, 03:06:42 PM »

Veteran, surgeon, and millionaire venture capitalist John Heavey will not be on the Democratic primary ballot for Governor, due to failing to qualify. Neither will would-be failed-State Senate candidate Neil Patel, nor failed-Cincinnati Mayoral candidate Kelli Prather, who was evidently running for Auditor. I'm a little surprised Heavey didn't make it on, since I know he was looking to hire field staff, but I'm honestly glad he failed to qualify.

He actually sounds like he would've been a great candidate with that profile, he should've announced way earlier though if he really wanted to run.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1461 on: February 21, 2018, 03:15:06 PM »

He actually sounds like he would've been a great candidate with that profile, he should've announced way earlier though if he really wanted to run.

Sounds great on paper, but when you see his campaign site ... it's very technocratic. It would not be appealing to GE voters. Plus, he's almost completely unknown. No one should make the jump from unknown to statewide office.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1462 on: March 02, 2018, 09:20:05 AM »

Interesting junk out of an Akron-based firm.

In the Governor's race, Taylor has 16.49% and DeWine has 34.98%. 33.33% are undecided, 5.73% want neither, and 9.46% "want other choice." Head to head, DeWine leads Taylor 61.08 to 38.92%.

In the Senate race, Renacci has 28.73% and Gibbons has 5.3%, 2.46% was Melisa Ackison. 58.33% of respondents didn't recognize any of the candidates, and 4.17% "want other choice."

84% of respondents thought the ORP should not endorse candidates in statewide elections.

Source. I think this might be a Taylor internal, but am not sure.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1463 on: March 03, 2018, 06:44:15 PM »

LOL at the photo chosen by the Our Revolution grifters to show what a super-progressive their choice for governor is.

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1464 on: March 03, 2018, 09:54:29 PM »

LOL at the photo chosen by the Our Revolution grifters to show what a super-progressive their choice for governor is.

I'm a Kucinich supporter but I agree, that's really, really bad PR on The New Political's part.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1465 on: March 05, 2018, 09:41:45 PM »

I'm a Kucinich supporter but I agree, that's really, really bad PR on The New Political's part.

Is this 2004? What the hell is Kucinich doing running for office?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1466 on: March 08, 2018, 08:22:16 PM »

Race is over guys

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1467 on: March 08, 2018, 08:57:16 PM »

Kucinch Versus DeWine? Are you sure this is 2018 and not 2006?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1468 on: March 12, 2018, 07:21:48 AM »

Mike DeWine has lost the Miami Co. GOP’s endorsement to Mary Taylor, somehow. This is doubly odd, because in additional to Taylor’s general lack of traction, Miami Co. is in DeWine’s home region.

Perhaps Sir Haggard was right?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1469 on: March 26, 2018, 09:42:18 AM »

The new SurveyUSA poll out today gives us some interesting averages.

D Primary:

Cordray 22%, Kucinich 19%, Schiavoni 5%, O'Neill 4%

R Primary:

DeWine 55%, Taylor 24%

Gubernatorial Election:

DeWine 46%, Cordray 42%
DeWine 45%, Kucinich 38%

And in the Senate Election:

Brown 47%, Renacci 34%
Brown 47%, Gibbsons 35%
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1470 on: March 27, 2018, 09:08:17 PM »

Mary Taylor and DeWine are now out attacking one another's children as the Republican primary for Governor turns increasingly ugly, while State Rep. Rick Perales' (R-Beavercreek) primary challenger has unleashed allegations he kissed, choked, and sexted her. Perales has admitted to sexting, but not choking or kissing Perales.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #1471 on: March 28, 2018, 12:29:49 AM »

Kucinich's momentum is highly amusing to watch
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1472 on: March 28, 2018, 02:14:31 AM »

Mike DeWine has lost the Miami Co. GOP’s endorsement to Mary Taylor, somehow. This is doubly odd, because in additional to Taylor’s general lack of traction, Miami Co. is in DeWine’s home region.

Perhaps Sir Haggard was right?

The DeWine brand is definitely strong within his home region (Although I would definitely look at Greene County to see if his support is absolutely cratering)....

I actually met Mike DeWine back in the early '90s, when about thirty fellow environmental activists arranged a meeting at his family home to discuss some of our concerns regarding Toxic Waste Incineration permitting changes with a significant local impact.

Him and his wife spent some time with us on their Front Porch and provided homemade Lemon-Water/ Ice-Tea, and Cookies while we spent a few hours discussing our concerns with our Representative in the US House.

Still, Miami County isn't really as much of his "old stomping grounds", as much as places like Clark County (Springfield, OH), the Eastern "Suburbs" of Dayton in Montgomery County, as well as rolling into some of Northern portions of Warren County....

Spent quite a bit of time in Union Halls around those parts a few decades back, and although the older Mike DeWine doesn't seem nearly as much of the nice "Heartlands Guy" that he was 20 years back, I wouldn't underestimate him in SW-OH just because of a GOP County level coup, in a State where Party Structures are much stronger than in places like the West / Mountain Midwest / Upper Midwest / New England, etc....

Sounds like an attempted "palace coup" effort in Miami County, and unless I am mistaken the Primary in Ohio allows voters regardless of Party registration to choose the candidate they want to vote for....

Still, would be shocked if DeWine lost the 'Pub Primary, unless a ton of Primary voters switch over to voter in the Dem Primary (Reverse 2016 Scenario)....  In certain states like Ohio negative attack ads for Statewide Elected Office, can frequently create major Post-Primary issues for whomever the winning Candidate is once it comes to a General Election environment.

Sounds like the 'Pub 'Gov bloodbath might cause some GE damage for whomever the victor of the battle is....
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1473 on: March 28, 2018, 02:49:31 PM »

Keep in mind that the democratic candidate is almost certainly going to be undecided, who has a double digit lead over the rest of the field Wink

But in all seriousness, I think that Cordray will win undecideds as he used to be a statewide official, so he'll be able to distinguish himself by being a vaguely familiar name for them. Contrast with former house rep Kucinch, the other viable candidate.

Or alternatively Cordray and Kucinch both get wrapped in scandal somehow and Schiavoni sneaks in.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1474 on: March 28, 2018, 02:51:44 PM »

Mary Taylor and DeWine are now out attacking one another's children as the Republican primary for Governor turns increasingly ugly, while State Rep. Rick Perales' (R-Beavercreek) primary challenger has unleashed allegations he kissed, choked, and sexted her. Perales has admitted to sexting, but not choking or kissing Perales.
#Murica in 2018 ladies and gentlemen
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies