OH: More Money Stuff (August)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:51:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 79
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 184926 times)
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: March 28, 2018, 07:51:14 PM »

Kucinich's momentum is highly amusing to watch

Its only a matter of time.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1476 on: March 28, 2018, 08:23:02 PM »

It's just one poll, but it gives me hope.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1477 on: March 28, 2018, 09:04:20 PM »

Dennis is a FOX news sellout, I don't get why people think he's actually a more progressive option...

If I was Cordray's campaign manager, I'd make an ad just showing various clips of Kucinch on FOX news.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #1478 on: March 28, 2018, 09:26:11 PM »

Dennis is a FOX news sellout, I don't get why people think he's actually a more progressive option...

If I was Cordray's campaign manager, I'd make an ad just showing various clips of Kucinch on FOX news.

Because of his policy's?
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1479 on: March 28, 2018, 11:06:00 PM »

Because of his policy's?

Maybe he genuinely believes in them, but I feel some doubt based on his history with conservative outfits.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1480 on: March 29, 2018, 06:33:27 AM »

Because of his policy's?

Maybe he genuinely believes in them, but I feel some doubt based on his history with conservative outfits.

It’s common knowledge that he doesn’t...
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1481 on: March 29, 2018, 09:06:41 AM »

Usual panic from someone with virtually no experience in internal Ohio democratic party politics but....

Is there any chance Kucinch could win? I assume'd Cordray would have both national, and state wide support secured, along with the money/organisational clout that bring. I'm hoping that Kucinch support is purely based on his name ID, and that he's doing this to make money afterwards, and remain relevant.

I would have been upset if they'd nominated him for state office in say 2010, but like the Democrats really don't have an excuse to run a pro-Trump/russian stooge in 2018 because 'muh porgressive'
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1482 on: March 29, 2018, 09:47:30 AM »

He could, yes, but it's unlikely at this juncture.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1483 on: March 29, 2018, 09:53:02 AM »

I see many people saying that more worrying that this poll is the fact that Cordray is running a very sleepy campaign. He seems to think that securing establishment support is enough to cruise to the nomination.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix

« Reply #1484 on: March 29, 2018, 06:59:50 PM »

Because of his policy's?

It’s common knowledge that he doesn’t...

Really? From all common knowledge that i can see Kucinich has supported such Progressive agenda's like Universal Healthcare, Non-Interventionism, Progressive Taxation, ext. If he is not genuine, i'm surprised he would hold such consistent views like this when a easier thing would be too change with the national opinion.
Fudotei
fudotei
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1485 on: March 30, 2018, 07:18:50 PM »

Kucinich is conservative in the same way that Tulsi Gabbard is an icon of the Republicans: they're not. Both are fiercely anti-intervention, and have been critical of existing military establishments and international realities in a way that mirrors Ron Paul's fanbase.

But that's just on foreign policy - which is irrelevant to the Ohio governorship. Here are some Kucinich policy statements from his site:
  • "We must break the prison-industrial complex and stop the waste of hundreds of millions of dollars to warehouse low-level violators. The wasting of taxpayers’ money for the incarceration of non-violent offenders must stop."
  • "We support protections for LGBT individuals and families that end discrimination in employment, housing, and public accommodations on the basis of (real or perceived) sexual orientation and gender identity/expression."
  • "Reproductive Justice is the human right to maintain personal bodily autonomy. This is defined as the right to have children, not have children, and parent the children we have in safe and sustainable communities. The term, coined by Black women in 1994, was later developed into a human rights framework collectively by Indigenous women and women of color."
  • "I will soon announce a plan, working with digital, utility and consumer advocates to establish a not-for-profit public utility in Ohio"
  • "We must establish once and for all, as a moral and political imperative, the rights of workers. The right to join a union. The right to organize. The right to strike. The right to decent wages and benefits. The right to a safe workplace. The right to participate in the political process. The right to a secure retirement. I have upheld these rights for generations of workers."

Kucinich blows Cordray out of the water in terms of actually being left-wing. I think it's possible he wins the primary, and I hope he does, but the polling is inconclusive with so many undecided.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1486 on: March 30, 2018, 08:14:22 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2018, 03:40:24 PM by YE »

It's not like Cordray wasn't the head of the CPFB, has a record of beating GOP obstruction there, or has been endorsed by Elizabeth Warren and has actually won statewide in the past, or anything. This isn't a senate race. As an executive of a state, you have to be pragmatic, especially since Dems aren't taking back the state senate and house anytime soon, and possibly govern like Obama did 2nd term.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1487 on: March 31, 2018, 12:40:26 PM »

Kucinich is a lefty, but he's also a nutjob. And his work with FOX and Assad are pretty concerning to a lot of the Democratic base. Cordray's running as an economic populist but a social moderate, which is an interesting juxtaposition in today's climate. I stand by Joe Schiavoni but will vote for Cordray in the primary if it looks like Kucinich will be the GE candidate. Kucinich would be toxic to the Democratic down ticket, and our slate of row officers this year is the strongest it's been since 1982, when:

* The youngest State Rep. in Ohio history, Sherrod Brown, ran for Secretary of State
* Sitting Secretary of State, Anthony J. Cellebrezze Jr., ran for Attorney General
* Future United States Treasurer, Mary Ellen Withrow, ran for Treasurer
* Dynastic incumbent, Thomas E. Ferguson, ran for re-election as Auditor
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1488 on: March 31, 2018, 03:28:15 PM »

Kucinich is a lefty, but he's also a nutjob. And his work with FOX and Assad are pretty concerning to a lot of the Democratic base. Cordray's running as an economic populist but a social moderate, which is an interesting juxtaposition in today's climate. I stand by Joe Schiavoni but will vote for Cordray in the primary if it looks like Kucinich will be the GE candidate. Kucinich would be toxic to the Democratic down ticket, and our slate of row officers this year is the strongest it's been since 1982, when:

* The youngest State Rep. in Ohio history, Sherrod Brown, ran for Secretary of State
* Sitting Secretary of State, Anthony J. Cellebrezze Jr., ran for Attorney General

This, except that I highly doubt Kucinich believes a word he says.  He strikes me as a con-artist in the Alan Grayson mold.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1489 on: March 31, 2018, 03:41:02 PM »

This, except that I highly doubt Kucinich believes a word he says.  He strikes me as a con-artist in the Alan Grayson mold.

How worried should we be that Kucinich pulls this off?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1490 on: March 31, 2018, 11:27:13 PM »

How worried should we be that Kucinich pulls this off?

I'd give Kucinich about a 5-10% chance given that it's not a clown-car anymore.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1491 on: April 01, 2018, 01:40:31 AM »

LOL, just saw that Portune endorsed Kucinich for some reason? Politics is a beautiful thing.

That is kind of hilarious.

Samples could have a future in Summit County politics if she can break the Syke's stranglehold.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #1492 on: April 03, 2018, 10:10:34 AM »

Would be funny to see most of the candidates drop out for Cordray only to see him lose to Kucinich or barely win. Most of them dropped because they thought Cordray was unbeatable...
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1493 on: April 03, 2018, 10:19:48 AM »

Would be funny to see most of the candidates drop out for Cordray only to see him lose to Kucinich or barely win. Most of them dropped because they thought Cordray was unbeatable...

Would also be funny, in a kind of masochistic way, to watch the strongest row office slate in thirty years get dragged to double digit losses by Kucinich
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1494 on: April 03, 2018, 12:07:44 PM »

Would also be funny, in a kind of masochistic way, to watch the strongest row office slate in thirty years get dragged to double digit losses by Kucinich

Maybe to a non-Ohioan with no stake in the outcome...
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1495 on: April 03, 2018, 12:16:37 PM »

A Kucinich win in the primary would set the OHDP back ten years. It's embarrassing and sad that he's this close to getting the nomination.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1496 on: April 03, 2018, 12:17:59 PM »

A Kucinich win in the primary would set the OHDP back ten years. It's embarrassing and sad that he's this close to getting the nomination.

Might be a good thing in Ohio.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1497 on: April 03, 2018, 02:21:06 PM »

An Ohio Democratic Party that moved in more of a Kucinich direction would probably benefit on many levels, but Kucinich himself is far too flawed a vehicle to make that happen. DeWine would destroy him.

Then again similar things were said about Trump... Tongue
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1498 on: April 03, 2018, 03:01:32 PM »

Might be a good thing in Ohio.

Not when we have the stronges slate of row officer candiates since 1982. We also have a very strong field of candodates for the statehouse.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1499 on: April 03, 2018, 03:27:07 PM »

Would the Ohio Democrats in this board even vote for kucinich in the general?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies