OH: More Money Stuff (August)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:43:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 185248 times)
Ohioguy29

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: August 06, 2018, 12:18:26 PM »

Who else is gonna be obsessively watching how well O'Connor does within certain state legislative districts?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1826 on: August 06, 2018, 03:17:03 PM »

Who else is gonna be obsessively watching how well O'Connor does within certain state legislative districts?

I wonder. lol

Regardless of the final result, tomorrow will be a very good indicator as to whether or not we're picking up AD 19, 21, and 24, as well as SD 19.

Expect another update to my state legislative predictions following OH-12 later this week/early next.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1827 on: August 06, 2018, 03:45:40 PM »

I do like Cordray but I always thought people exaggerated when they said that he was boring. I now can see that he really is that boring.

Have any of you ever personally see Cordray speak? IMO he is much better in person.

Nooooooooooooooo he isn't.

I just heard him Sunday and BuckeyeNut is absolutely right about this, sorry Sad
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1828 on: August 06, 2018, 04:11:31 PM »

I know this is sort of off-topic, but I was browsing Mike DeWine's wiki page, and I noticed his election history (link). This guy has been bouncing around from office to office - Rep, to Lt Gov, to Senate, to AG, now to Governor. And he wasn't always successful in his attempts either. This seems like blatant empty suit ladder climbing. Does this guy even have a personal goal in politics aside from consolidating power? Because it looks like he just views Ohio's public offices as a buffet for himself to sample over almost 40 years.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1829 on: August 06, 2018, 04:22:36 PM »

I know this is sort of off-topic, but I was browsing Mike DeWine's wiki page, and I noticed his election history (link). This guy has been bouncing around from office to office - Rep, to Lt Gov, to Senate, to AG, now to Governor. And he wasn't always successful in his attempts either. This seems like blatant empty suit ladder climbing. Does this guy even have a personal goal in politics aside from consolidating power? Because it looks like he just views Ohio's public offices as a buffet for himself to sample over almost 40 years.

Sounds about right
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1830 on: August 06, 2018, 05:20:16 PM »

Sounds about right

The sad thing is, I think he had honestly good intentions back when he first ran for Greene County Prosecutor, all those many moons ago.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1831 on: August 07, 2018, 01:08:50 AM »

Interesting tidbit: Hillary Clinton made a max donation to Clyde’s Campaign for SOS. And that’s a pretty penny. Roughly $12.7k!

Can we just talk about what a joke that "limit" is for a second?!

It's seriously ludicrous. I think caps are a clumsy solution to the problem anyway, but at that point you might as well not have a cap.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #1832 on: August 07, 2018, 01:16:12 AM »

Interesting tidbit: Hillary Clinton made a max donation to Clyde’s Campaign for SOS. And that’s a pretty penny. Roughly $12.7k!

It's seriously ludicrous. I think caps are a clumsy solution to the problem anyway, but at that point you might as well not have a cap.

Ohio is desperately in need of campaign finance reform. Our whole state government is blatantly pay to play.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1833 on: August 07, 2018, 06:12:20 AM »

Ohio is desperately in need of campaign finance reform. Our whole state government is blatantly pay to play.

This
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1834 on: August 07, 2018, 07:59:03 AM »

Thank God we’ll have Zack Space in the Auditor’s office at the very least, unless everytning goes to complete and utter sh!t in the next ninety-some days.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1835 on: August 07, 2018, 11:49:09 AM »

This

Oh trust me. I've been in a pretty quiet corner of this fair state for like 47 days and I already know that full well.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #1836 on: August 07, 2018, 12:11:23 PM »

This

Oh trust me. I've been in a pretty quiet corner of this fair state for like 47 days and I already know that full well.

It's become very obvious lately with the payday lending scandal (and the ECOT scandal.) But it's present on a smaller scale too. It pretty much seems like sketchy businesses set the agenda in Columbus.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1837 on: August 07, 2018, 10:40:06 PM »

I wouldn't say "sketchy businesses" set the agenda in Columbus. Council does a lot of good work.
The issue is they're a little too eager to hand out abatements, and the abatements they do hand out frequently go to the wrong areas. The Short North is fine, it doesn't need abatements anymore. Council needs to focus on other areas. It's time to start investing in Franklinton and The Hilltop.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1838 on: August 07, 2018, 10:56:00 PM »

I wouldn't say "sketchy businesses" set the agenda in Columbus. Council does a lot of good work.
The issue is they're a little too eager to hand out abatements, and the abatements they do hand out frequently go to the wrong areas. The Short North is fine, it doesn't need abatements anymore. Council needs to focus on other areas. It's time to start investing in Franklinton and The Hilltop.

I think Ohio guy meant the State House
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1839 on: August 07, 2018, 11:19:43 PM »

I think Ohio guy meant the State House

Oh, well. Derp. Yes.

Lots of shady businesses running things on Cap Square.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1840 on: August 14, 2018, 09:02:30 AM »

Guess I forgot to post this here, but a few weeks back, ODP held a press conference in defense of Medicaid expansion outside the Statehouse. Something odd happened.

Sherrod Brown Shill
NerdFighter40351
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -6.43

« Reply #1841 on: August 14, 2018, 09:39:31 AM »

Guess I forgot to post this here, but a few weeks back, ODP held a press conference in defense of Medicaid expansion outside the Statehouse. Something odd happened.

Calling it now, Kasich stumps for Cordray the day before the election. #maverick😎😎😎
Ohioguy29

« Reply #1842 on: August 17, 2018, 12:56:57 AM »

What's going on with Joe Helle?

https://www.portclintonnewsherald.com/story/news/local/2018/08/07/joe-helle-resigns-mayor-oak-harbor/921910002/
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1843 on: August 17, 2018, 07:46:30 AM »

He's an asshole with a screw loose.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1844 on: August 18, 2018, 08:20:01 AM »

Posting this for jbd’s sake: Clarence Mingo is in some hottish water after sharing a stock image of a dog doctored to look like it’s wearing a Mingo campaign shirt. Presumably, this is due to the fact that he couldn’t find an actual supporter willing to use their own dog.

Watching Stinziano destroy him come November will be most pleasant.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1845 on: August 23, 2018, 11:30:23 AM »

Cordray is on to us.
Ohioguy29

« Reply #1846 on: August 23, 2018, 12:57:43 PM »

I saw that and wondered if he'd been reading Atlas! Lol
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1847 on: August 23, 2018, 01:04:42 PM »

Cordray also did great in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Loved when he humped the big chess piece in order to improve his baby making abilities.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1848 on: August 23, 2018, 02:17:13 PM »

Any polls dropping soon?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1849 on: August 23, 2018, 04:28:04 PM »

Not really. We had a large poll dump after the primary, but we seem to be in a drought for this state.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies