OH: More Money Stuff (August)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:40:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 79
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 184937 times)
Rjjr77
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2017, 06:45:58 PM »

Hate to double post. But Palenda now officially in for SOS. This could get ugly, as Senator LaRose comes from an independently wealthy family. That said, he was scheduled to have fundraiser in D.C. tonight with Sean Spicer headlining, and Spicer was allegedly made to drop the event from his schedule due to LaRose being so critical of Trump early on. Palenda can probably play on that, regardless.

This'll be a fascinating dynamic - Trump deep-sixing potential rising stars like LaRose over their initial critiques of him. I think it could hurt the GOP in a lot of races

LaRose claims it's a travel change, others wonder if Pelanda utilized connections to the Trump campaign to force spicer to pull out.

LaRose did help plan Trump's inauguration so who knows.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2017, 06:47:09 PM »

LOL

Sutton is a weak candidate with absolutely no cross-over appeal and one of the few capable of losing to Taylor.  DeWine would wipe the floor with her, btw.  Renacci is a weak candidate too, so that would probably be a close-ish Republican victory.  Fortunately, Schiavoni will beat her in the primary unless Cordray jumps in.
Rjjr77
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2017, 06:51:48 PM »

LOL

Sutton is a weak candidate with absolutely no cross-over appeal and one of the few capable of losing to Taylor.  DeWine would wipe the floor with her, btw.  Renacci is a weak candidate too, so that would probably be a close-ish Republican victory.  Fortunately, Schiavoni will beat her in the primary unless Cordray jumps in.

Renacci is a fundraising machine who pulls outsider appeal.
DeWine is a weak candidate with a strong name. He's got the possibility to be the republicans Lee Fischer
Taylor's the weakest.

No one knows who Schiavoni is, unless Pepper steps in and clears the field for him he's going to struggle to match Suttons fundraising and national connections. Schiavoni could be a democrat rising star, but he's too early and too unknown, if he'd run for SOS he'd be the hope of the dems thin bench.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2017, 07:16:37 PM »

Forget Cordray. http://thehill.com/regulation/211235-ig-report-cfpbs-renovations-spiral-to-215m-in-rented-building

I am pulling for Nan Whaley or Betty Sutton.
Rjjr77
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2017, 07:31:04 PM »

Nan Whaley is interesting, as a well known bomb thrower she could be a wild card in the D primary
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2017, 10:01:50 PM »

Seeing more Sutton stuff throughout the day, and it sounds like she will jump in. Unfortunate. I'm not quite so down on her as X is, but I'm not a big fan.

As for Whaley, she and Cranley should stick to the jobs they're both going to be elected to this Fall. Assuming they make it through their primaries.

Hate to double post. But Palenda now officially in for SOS. This could get ugly, as Senator LaRose comes from an independently wealthy family. That said, he was scheduled to have fundraiser in D.C. tonight with Sean Spicer headlining, and Spicer was allegedly made to drop the event from his schedule due to LaRose being so critical of Trump early on. Palenda can probably play on that, regardless.
This'll be a fascinating dynamic - Trump deep-sixing potential rising stars like LaRose over their initial critiques of him. I think it could hurt the GOP in a lot of races
Yeah, it looks like we'll have at least one pretty clear cut Kasich-Trump proxy battle in the GOP primaries.
Rjjr77
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2017, 10:08:12 PM »

Seeing more Sutton stuff throughout the day, and it sounds like she will jump in. Unfortunate. I'm not quite so down on her as X is, but I'm not a big fan.

As for Whaley, she and Cranley should stick to the jobs they're both going to be elected to this Fall. Assuming they make it through their primaries.

Yeah, it looks like we'll have at least one pretty clear cut Kasich-Trump proxy battle in the GOP primaries.

What will the new state GOP do? If Timken backs Pelanda it may easily become the most interesting race of the spring.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2017, 10:11:46 PM »

Cordray is damaged goods unfortunately, the Republicans will tear him apart over CFPB mismanagement fair or not, Sutton has less baggage.
Rjjr77
« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2017, 10:15:20 PM »

Cordray is damaged goods unfortunately, the Republicans will tear him apart over CFPB mismanagement fair or not, Sutton has less baggage.

Cordray is well liked in Ohio, and his pro-gun record is a help. He'd be a better candidate than Sutton. His biggest Achilles heel may be deleted emails from his CFPB tenure.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #234 on: March 01, 2017, 10:16:21 PM »

If you want to pick a name out of the past why not try Strickland again?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2017, 10:16:42 PM »

Cordray is well liked in Ohio, and his pro-gun record is a help. He'd be a better candidate than Sutton. His biggest Achilles heel may be deleted emails from his CFPB tenure.
I can already see the attack ads with his picture next to Hillary's...
Rjjr77
« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2017, 10:18:10 PM »

That's the first thing that pops in my head as well.

The only interesting thing would be if DeWine were the nominee Cordray would get the NRA endorsement
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2017, 10:18:28 PM »

It's like you have a fetish for boring and unlikable politicians.
Rjjr77
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2017, 10:20:45 PM »

It's like you have a fetish for boring and unlikable politicians.

Let's not act like Cordray isn't boring, he's not going to give awe inspiring room shaking speeches
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2017, 10:21:57 PM »

The only interesting thing would be if DeWine were the nominee Cordray would get the NRA endorsement
Republicans were sending Ohio-specific emails attacking Cordray MONTHS ago.

Has the NRA endorsed any Democrats since 2010?
Rjjr77
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2017, 10:31:24 PM »

Republicans were sending Ohio-specific emails attacking Cordray MONTHS ago.

Has the NRA endorsed any Democrats since 2010?
In Ohio? I think a couple of state legislature candidates (Rogers, Cera, and Patterson come to mind) got it, Cordray and Strickland in '10 was the last state wide.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2017, 10:50:25 PM »

Ohio is a must win state for the Dems after that nailbiter of election Dems had in Nov.  If Dems gain Ohio, then it will be impossible for Trump to secure a re-election victory.  I'm all in for Betty Sutton.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2017, 11:25:31 PM »

Ohio is a must win state for the Dems after that nailbiter of election Dems had in Nov.  If Dems gain Ohio, then it will be impossible for Trump to secure a re-election victory.  I'm all in for Betty Sutton.

Ohio is by all means not a must win state for Dems. They will have more than enough electoral votes before Ohio becomes close.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2017, 11:28:27 PM »

Dems gained the Pennsylvania governors mansion in 2014 and look what happened there...
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2017, 11:30:01 PM »

Ohio is by all means not a must win state for Dems. They will have more than enough electoral votes before Ohio becomes close.
Ohio's (still) a bellwether. It's not been a tipping point for some time.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2017, 11:37:07 PM »

Betty Sutton will be good for our Democratic candidate in 2020 because it was Clinton
Rjjr77
« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2017, 11:54:42 PM »

Betty Sutton will be good for our Democratic candidate in 2020 because it was Clinton
If she wins... Again the GOP has the better candidates right now
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #247 on: March 02, 2017, 06:36:57 PM »

Let's be honest he also isn't running because he wants to be a future speaker of the house

Was about to say, this is really the first major announcement of the 2018 Minority Leader contest.

Or hey, could be Speaker! Who hecking knows?
Personally I think it will be speaker, GOP is over streched, Trump is going full steam ahead on Obamacare repeal while also possiblely putting boots in the ground in Syria, and I just don't see were else the Bernie energy will go other than taking over the dems ala tea party

Why would Ds choose him over someone like Joe Crowley who has widespread support from the caucus?
I'm a NYer but Trump, Chuck, and Joe would be NY overkill

Nah man let's take it a step further. Trump, Chuck Schumer, Joe Crowley leading Dems, Peter King leading Rs, Cuomo as NGA Chair, Maloney as DCCC chair, Collins as NRCC chair, the national animal becomes NY Pizza, national anthem becomes a song from Hamilton, the county changes its name to Greater New York. NY TAKEOVER!!!!

(okay Im done)

A better national anthem for a Greater New York would be this.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: March 03, 2017, 04:06:37 PM »

Sophomore Rep. Great Johnson (D-Akron) is resigning because she feels stymied by the working environment in the State House.

The Ohio House Democratic Caucus will get to choose her replacement. There shouldn't be a special election.
Rjjr77
« Reply #249 on: March 03, 2017, 06:42:33 PM »

Sophomore Rep. Great Johnson (D-Akron) is resigning because she feels stymied by the working environment in the State House.

The Ohio House Democratic Caucus will get to choose her replacement. There shouldn't be a special election.
Sykes or sawyer here we come
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies