OH: More Money Stuff (August)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:51:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 79
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 185044 times)
Rjjr77
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: November 13, 2017, 11:25:47 PM »

Chief of staff for Senate Democrats resigns due to sexual harassment allegations.

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2017/11/ohio_senate_democrats_chief_of.html

not a good look for Schiavoni
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #976 on: November 13, 2017, 11:45:49 PM »

Chief of staff for Senate Democrats resigns due to sexual harassment allegations.

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2017/11/ohio_senate_democrats_chief_of.html

Why?  He's not even Senate Minority Leader anymore.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #977 on: November 14, 2017, 12:03:52 AM »

Marsy's Law won't get struck down. It's existed in California and Illinois for years. Also Minnesota, I think.

The difference is, the Democratic Party in California opposed the ballot initiative. Democrats here, present company excluded, generally supported it.

Portions of it like the aforementioned Discovery exclusions maybe individually struck down. The law has a hole certainly won't be

Would love for that to be the case, but it has not happened in more liberal states. So I doubt it.
Rjjr77
« Reply #978 on: November 14, 2017, 12:33:12 AM »

Why?  He's not even Senate Minority Leader anymore.
Schiavoni hired him
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #979 on: November 14, 2017, 01:12:07 AM »

Unless Schiavoni knew this guy was a harasser when he was hired, which seems unlikely, meaningless. Voters aren't dumb. Though, they are uninformed, and I seriously doubt this becomes a big story for Schiavoni.

Unrelated: There are now three serious Democratic candidates running in OH-21, which will be an open seat with Duffey's term limits looming.
Rjjr77
« Reply #980 on: November 14, 2017, 08:03:10 AM »

Unless Schiavoni knew this guy was a harasser when he was hired, which seems unlikely, meaningless. Voters aren't dumb. Though, they are uninformed, and I seriously doubt this becomes a big story for Schiavoni.

Unrelated: There are now three serious Democratic candidates running in OH-21, which will be an open seat with Duffey's term limits looming.

you don't think it is bad for the guy schiavoni brought in to run his caucus had to resign due to sexual harassment? Come on...

Do I think its a serious issue? no. Is it a bad look for Schiavoni? absolutely, especially running in a field with 3 women
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #981 on: November 14, 2017, 08:40:29 AM »

you don't think it is bad for the guy schiavoni brought in to run his caucus had to resign due to sexual harassment? Come on...

Do I think its a serious issue? no. Is it a bad look for Schiavoni? absolutely, especially running in a field with 3 women

I don’t even think it’s a minor issue for him tbh.  I’d be surprised if it comes up at all.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #982 on: November 14, 2017, 12:10:15 PM »

Unless the Senate Dems CoS's reputation proceeded him, and nothing points to it doing so, then it really is a non-issue for Schiavoni. If any of the women running tried that angle, without proof of Schiavoni knowing he hired a predator, I think it would simply backfire.
Rjjr77
« Reply #983 on: November 14, 2017, 03:00:44 PM »

Unless the Senate Dems CoS's reputation proceeded him, and nothing points to it doing so, then it really is a non-issue for Schiavoni. If any of the women running tried that angle, without proof of Schiavoni knowing he hired a predator, I think it would simply backfire.

I can't disagree enough, the second sexual harassment, a popular issue right now, comes up, any of the other candidates can say "you hired a man who had to resign due to sexual misconduct to run your caucus, it's a Mike drop line
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #984 on: November 14, 2017, 03:41:53 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2017, 04:08:19 PM by We Have A Pope »

I can't disagree enough, the second sexual harassment, a popular issue right now, comes up, any of the other candidates can say "you hired a man who had to resign due to sexual misconduct to run your caucus, it's a Mike drop line

I agree with Buckeyenut, it’ll backfire in a big way for anyone who tries to make an issue of it.

Edit: In other new, Tom Patton just dropped out.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #985 on: November 15, 2017, 08:54:40 AM »

A second Republican state legislator, Wes Goodman, has resigned over allegations of sexual misconduct in as many months.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #986 on: November 15, 2017, 11:22:45 AM »

Just heard a rumor Cordray is getting in this week.

Ugh. Even if he is, this **** needs to stop. I refuse to support him, unless he becomes our GE nominee.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #987 on: November 15, 2017, 12:17:18 PM »

Richard Cordray stepping down as Consumer Financial Protection Bureau director
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #988 on: November 15, 2017, 12:18:22 PM »

Ugh. Even if he is, this **** needs to stop. I refuse to support him, unless he becomes our GE nominee.

Yep.  Cordray will resign as CFPB chief by the end of this month.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #989 on: November 15, 2017, 12:26:09 PM »

I’m fine with him running despite the awful Hamlet routine since it should knock out Sutton (who will hopefully drop down to OH-16 since no one is running there for some reason).  I wonder if Pillich will run against Chabot.  Portune would be much better, but I think even Pillich or Sittenfield could win and it’d be political malpractice not to seriously contest OH-1 in 2018 with at least a strong wave insurance candidate.  
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #990 on: November 15, 2017, 12:34:28 PM »

Damn, my source was good. lol
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #991 on: November 15, 2017, 12:35:50 PM »

I'm hoping Nan drops out to run against Turner, and Pillich runs for OH-01 or County Commissioner. Portune is evidently in poor health, but Denise Driehaus might also be looking at it. And if she does, she needs a replacement.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #992 on: November 15, 2017, 12:53:02 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2017, 12:55:31 PM by Oryxslayer »

Well, Cordray's certainly getting in late... Had us all worried for a couple of months that TD's timeline wasn't a vision of the future.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #993 on: November 15, 2017, 12:56:24 PM »

BTM'S KING IS ALIVE
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #994 on: November 15, 2017, 12:58:18 PM »

Well, Cordray's certainly getting in late... Had us all worried for a couple of months that TD's timeline wasn't a vision of the future.

You have to wonder if he wasn't waiting for Trump to fire him.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #995 on: November 15, 2017, 01:01:45 PM »

You have to wonder if he wasn't waiting for Trump to fire him.
He probably was but he realize that they were waiting for OH filing deadline to fire him. So I think Cordray might set a deadline for himself and if he wasn't fired by then he would resign.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #996 on: November 15, 2017, 01:02:35 PM »

Perhaps a little preemptive, but the Columbus Dispatch is claiming confirmation.

I'm not yet convinced he won't prove to be a paper tiger.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #997 on: November 15, 2017, 02:19:21 PM »

Whaley already attacking Cordray.

https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/status/930877170792136704

I have a feeling no one is dropping out and Cordray is actually an underdog here.
Babeuf

« Reply #998 on: November 15, 2017, 02:21:19 PM »

Presumably, Cordray can rely on an Obama (or at least associated Obama-ites if he doesn't want to get personally involved in a primary) endorsement here. That should help him in the primary.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #999 on: November 15, 2017, 02:29:01 PM »

I give a proud welcome to future President Richard Cordray of Ohio.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies