OH: More Money Stuff (August)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:53:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 79
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 184836 times)
Rjjr77
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: November 16, 2017, 11:26:06 PM »

It's not as if Ohio Democrats are without hope. People feel good about Space and Dettelbach, and maybe Cordray will surprise. Part of being an Ohio Democrat -- and a Cleveland sports fan -- is believing something better is around the corner, despite a losing streak. It's why I wake up with a smile.

Clyde could win too if the wave is big enough.

Could. Treasurer is the thing I feel worst about, and it seems very unlikely another Democrat gets in since 1) it's super late, and 2) it seems like Pepper explicitly recruited Richardson himself.

Who knows. Maybe he'll boost minority turnout up ticket.

Right? Totally worked for Kevin Boyce
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1026 on: November 16, 2017, 11:34:44 PM »

It's not as if Ohio Democrats are without hope. People feel good about Space and Dettelbach, and maybe Cordray will surprise. Part of being an Ohio Democrat -- and a Cleveland sports fan -- is believing something better is around the corner, despite a losing streak. It's why I wake up with a smile.

Could. Treasurer is the thing I feel worst about, and it seems very unlikely another Democrat gets in since 1) it's super late, and 2) it seems like Pepper explicitly recruited Richardson himself.

Maybe. 2010 was a bad year, and I doubt Sprague runs a campaign as race-baiting and Islamophobic as Mandel.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1027 on: November 16, 2017, 11:41:45 PM »

Maybe. 2010 was a bad year, and I doubt Sprague runs a campaign as race-baiting and Islamophobic as Mandel.

Also Boyce was (is?) really corrupt IIRC.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1028 on: November 16, 2017, 11:48:29 PM »

I've heard this, but no one can say what corrupt acts he's taken.

He does seem to be Beatty's chosen successor, for when she retires. Speaking of, I heard Cordray/Beatty floated this evening. Which strikes me as an immensely dumb ticket.

Also, Schiavoni is evidently looking at a Cuyahoga-based non-politician.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1029 on: November 17, 2017, 12:17:37 AM »

He does seem to be Beatty's chosen successor, for when she retires. Speaking of, I heard Cordray/Beatty floated this evening. Which strikes me as an immensely dumb ticket.

Re: Boyce being Beatty's successor: Gross

Re: Cordrey/Beatty: Why?

Re: Schiavoni/Non-politician: Why? Part II
Rjjr77
« Reply #1030 on: November 17, 2017, 12:19:31 AM »

Unless it is Lebron James, it is probably a stupid move
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1031 on: November 17, 2017, 12:20:28 AM »

Joyce Beatty is hella fashionable btw
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1032 on: November 17, 2017, 12:25:59 AM »

Beatty's a snappy dresser, but she's too moderate for her district, TBH.

Really don't know what Schiavoni's aiming at. Maybe he's going for an independently wealthy guy to shore up campaign funds? Choosing a non-politician certainly fits his campaign narrative.

Cordray choosing Beatty might be an attempt to shut out the other Democratic candidates in Franklin County. That's all I can really think of. It might also spur higher turnout in OH-03 come 2018, with someone younger and more energizing running for Congres.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1033 on: November 17, 2017, 10:28:42 AM »

The Representative Goodman resignation story just got a lot more interesting.
kyc0705

« Reply #1034 on: November 17, 2017, 01:32:43 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2017, 01:42:26 PM by kyc0705 »

Bill O'Neill is chronicling his sex life on Facebook right now, if anyone cares:

(Source)

EDIT: For whatever it's worth, the edit history of the post reveals an earlier version in which, through an unfortunate punctuation mishap, he inadvertently implies that the first person he "made passionate love" to was Robert Taft Sr.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1035 on: November 17, 2017, 01:33:22 PM »

This is why you shouldn't support candidates who can't pass vetting.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1036 on: November 17, 2017, 01:34:25 PM »

wtf
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1037 on: November 17, 2017, 01:34:51 PM »

Bill O'Neill is chronicling his sex life on Facebook right now, if anyone cares:

(Source)
RPing as Pepe Le Pew won't get you girls votes
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1038 on: November 17, 2017, 01:38:19 PM »

Um what is going on.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1039 on: November 17, 2017, 04:43:48 PM »

Bill O'Neill was candiate never vetted or supported by the Ohio Democratic Party. He defeated the endorsed candiate in the primary, and then only won because O'Neill was the name of a popular Republican Justice already on the court. (And Irish names always do pretty well in Ohio.)

He throws bombshells roughly this bad on a semi-regular basis. The difference now is timing.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1040 on: November 17, 2017, 05:03:15 PM »

I think it's safe to say that as a Democrat I'll be supporting either Cordray or Sutton...but unless Republicans just don't campaign, they're favored here. All four of their candidates have serious name recognition advantages...and if I were a Democrat, which I am, I'd be especially afraid of DeWine or Husted winning the Primary.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1041 on: November 17, 2017, 05:14:32 PM »

Looks like O'Neill is going out with a bang.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1042 on: November 17, 2017, 05:27:44 PM »

I think it's safe to say that as a Democrat I'll be supporting either Cordray or Sutton...but unless Republicans just don't campaign, they're favored here. All four of their candidates have serious name recognition advantages...and if I were a Democrat, which I am, I'd be especially afraid of DeWine or Husted winning the Primary.

lol

No one other than Husted or DeWine can win the primary.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1043 on: November 17, 2017, 05:40:37 PM »

Looks like O'Neill is going out with a bang.

Good riddance to bad trash.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1044 on: November 17, 2017, 06:05:10 PM »

lol

Doesn't Renacci have money and a very Trumpy profile?

He is independently wealthy, but he's not going anywhere. At best, he'll act as a spoiler and push DeWine over the edge against Husted.

DeWine has name ID in the 90% range and a 60% approval rating.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1045 on: November 17, 2017, 06:08:06 PM »

lol

He is independently wealthy, but he's not going anywhere. At best, he'll act as a spoiler and push DeWine over the edge against Husted.

If Trump is still popular among Ohio Republicans, it's possible Renacci pulls off the upset. The only Republican who can't win (and currently is in the race) is Taylor, who is too closely aligned to the unpopular Kasich administration. She might be better off switching to the Senate race, and taking on Mandel.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #1046 on: November 17, 2017, 10:13:49 PM »

(Source)

And I was considering supporting this guy. Jesus f--k.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1047 on: November 17, 2017, 11:10:32 PM »

(Source)

And I was considering supporting this guy. Jesus f--k.
He's kind of crazy.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1048 on: November 18, 2017, 12:08:32 AM »
« Edited: November 18, 2017, 12:12:15 AM by Cucks Against Cordray »

lol

If Trump is still popular among Ohio Republicans, it's possible Renacci pulls off the upset. The only Republican who can't win (and currently is in the race) is Taylor, who is too closely aligned to the unpopular Kasich administration. She might be better off switching to the Senate race, and taking on Mandel.

Renacci really is DoA. No one knows who he is, and while independently wealthy, he won't actually spend his money. Just loan it to himself so he seems viable. Husted's got plenty of Trump cred, as is.

Also, I was just listening to the BBC. They're talking about O'Neil.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #1049 on: November 18, 2017, 09:04:59 AM »

EDIT: For whatever it's worth, the edit history of the post reveals an earlier version in which, through an unfortunate punctuation mishap, he inadvertently implies that the first person he "made passionate love" to was Robert Taft Sr

You know I liked Husted but I think maybe O'Neill might be the most woke candidate.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies