OH: More Money Stuff (August)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 01:24:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 79
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 188589 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: April 03, 2018, 04:09:13 PM »

An Ohio Democratic Party that moved in more of a Kucinich direction would probably benefit on many levels, but Kucinich himself is far too flawed a vehicle to make that happen. DeWine would destroy him.

Then again similar things were said about Trump... Tongue

You mean in a direction of embracing conspiracy theories that the Russia probe is a hoax by the Deep State to get Trump?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #1501 on: April 03, 2018, 04:24:06 PM »

Would the Ohio Democrats in this board even vote for kucinich in the general?

I would.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1502 on: April 03, 2018, 05:49:52 PM »

I'd vote third party/write-in/skip the race.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1503 on: April 03, 2018, 10:42:49 PM »

Would be funny to see most of the candidates drop out for Cordray only to see him lose to Kucinich or barely win. Most of them dropped because they thought Cordray was unbeatable...

Would also be funny, in a kind of masochistic way, to watch the strongest row office slate in thirty years get dragged to double digit losses by Kucinich

Maybe to a non-Ohioan with no stake in the outcome...

Don’t get me wrong, it would suck Tongue
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #1504 on: April 04, 2018, 06:33:41 AM »

I would have to put industrial-grade clamps on my nose for his Ukraine comments, but in the current atmosphere any Democrat is better than any Republican.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1505 on: April 04, 2018, 08:03:39 AM »

The interesting question would be: if Dennis is somehow the nominee, how much does the Statewide down ticket over performed by? I could see our Democratic candidates for attorney general and auditor actually winning even if Cordray narrowly loses to DeWine.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1506 on: April 04, 2018, 09:13:29 AM »

I would.

I'd vote third party/write-in/skip the race.

I would have to put industrial-grade clamps on my nose for his Ukraine comments, but in the current atmosphere any Democrat is better than any Republican.

Interesting to get all three... I asked as Kucinich is very close to the type of 'leftist' candidate I couldn't vote for, but it's easy to sit 3,000 miles and say how you'd vote, and not have to live with the decision.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1507 on: April 04, 2018, 11:18:18 AM »

Cordray not backing off from gun/NRA support.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180404/democratic-gubernatorial-candidate-richard-cordray-offers-no-apologies-for-backing-gun-rights
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1508 on: April 04, 2018, 11:27:15 AM »

That’s my boy! Glad to see a Democrat still believing in the 2nd amendment while not attacking gun protestors.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1509 on: April 04, 2018, 11:32:46 AM »

Normally I don't think it makes sense to be a pro-gun Democrat since it really won't help you in the long run. You piss off your base and you don't win over conservatives because the NRA is all-but an arm of the GOP. But Cordray might actually be able to get the NRA or even the Buckeye Firearm Association behind him if he faces DeWine in November.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1510 on: April 04, 2018, 11:47:44 AM »

Cordray not backing off from gun/NRA support.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think he might (?) be trying to get Appalachian voters to not abandon him over going too far on Guns, but Kucinich can use this in the primary.  I think he should issue a statement denouncing the NRA for opposing Background checks though.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1511 on: April 04, 2018, 12:40:01 PM »

It's really him not supporting an AWB which I think is fine. Dems can't really go on about we don't support taking your guns and then support an AWB. Depending on how a ban is enforced it would entail forcing people to hand them in. And in a lot of gun owners minds its a slippery slope, ok assault weapons first then what rifles, pistols, handguns etc? Supporting background checks plus a few other policy points is a good balancing act for Dems .
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1512 on: April 07, 2018, 09:20:44 AM »

Term-limited House Speaker Cliff Rosenberger has hired a defense attorney and may be under FBI investigation. Conservative upstart blog Third Rail Politics claims caucus member may soon be calling for his resignation. Some potentially related background: There is an ugly fight brewing within the House GOP to decide who will he the next Speaker — or maybe, if Democrats pitch a perfect game, Minority Leader.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1513 on: April 07, 2018, 03:16:25 PM »

Normally I don't think it makes sense to be a pro-gun Democrat since it really won't help you in the long run. You piss off your base and you don't win over conservatives because the NRA is all-but an arm of the GOP. But Cordray might actually be able to get the NRA or even the Buckeye Firearm Association behind him if he faces DeWine in November.
Pro-gun Dems are needed in a state like Ohio because the Appalachian vote can make the difference, as evidenced in November 2016.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1514 on: April 07, 2018, 03:22:12 PM »

If you manage to get elected on that platform and consistently vote pro-gun, the NRA will gladly help you get re-elected. They're one of the few interest groups who doesn't care about party as long as you're willing to support their policies.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1515 on: April 07, 2018, 05:29:57 PM »

The leftist tea party (the resistance and indivisible) might use Cordrays general election pivoting to get Kucinich to win the primary, which would make this race Solid R.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1516 on: April 07, 2018, 06:19:00 PM »

If you manage to get elected on that platform and consistently vote pro-gun, the NRA will gladly help you get re-elected. They're one of the few interest groups who doesn't care about party as long as you're willing to support their policies.

I think you’re referencing a bygone era, but we’ll see.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1517 on: April 07, 2018, 11:03:13 PM »

I think you’re referencing a bygone era, but we’ll see.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1518 on: April 07, 2018, 11:04:03 PM »

Term-limited House Speaker Cliff Rosenberger has hired a defense attorney and may be under FBI investigation. Conservative upstart blog Third Rail Politics claims caucus member may soon be calling for his resignation. Some potentially related background: There is an ugly fight brewing within the House GOP to decide who will he the next Speaker — or maybe, if Democrats pitch a perfect game, Minority Leader.

So what's the "alleged" wrongdoing.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1519 on: April 08, 2018, 08:37:56 AM »

So what's the "alleged" wrongdoing.

Misuse of campaign funds in relation to all the travel he does.
Sadader
Botswana

« Reply #1520 on: April 08, 2018, 08:43:06 AM »

I almost always vote for Dems these days, but if I still lived in Ohio and Kuchinich was the nominee, I would probably just give up and move to Canada.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1521 on: April 08, 2018, 07:39:56 PM »

Is Democratic control of the Ohio House even remotely in the cards?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1522 on: April 08, 2018, 09:04:35 PM »

Is Democratic control of the Ohio House even remotely in the cards?

It is possible. I count 15 winnable House seats and another 10 Very-Unlikely-But-Not-Impossible-Seats. A 15 seat flip takes us from 33 D, 66 R to 48 D, 51 R. A very unlikely but not impossible 25 seat flip would be 58 D, 41 R.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #1523 on: April 09, 2018, 03:05:21 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/style/wp/2018/04/09/feature/the-vindication-of-dennis-kucinich

WAPO eating up Kucinich's attempt to portray himself as the proto-Bernie.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1524 on: April 09, 2018, 03:23:51 PM »

Barf. I have a number of disagreements with Sanders but he’s not on RT ranting about the Deep State. There is no comparison.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies