OH: More Money Stuff (August) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:46:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 186387 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 01, 2017, 11:25:31 PM »

Ohio is a must win state for the Dems after that nailbiter of election Dems had in Nov.  If Dems gain Ohio, then it will be impossible for Trump to secure a re-election victory.  I'm all in for Betty Sutton.

Ohio is by all means not a must win state for Dems. They will have more than enough electoral votes before Ohio becomes close.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 01:38:19 PM »

Um what is going on.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 04:13:35 PM »

Is the CFPB drama going to affect Cordray's chances in Ohio?

Had he been fired, I think he would’ve gotten the Sally Yates/Preet Bharara hero treatment. Now, he may come off as more of an opportunist that helped create the current mess.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 03:20:40 PM »

*he's running*
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 02:01:45 AM »

Endorsed. Fun fact, Kucinch once had a hit put on him by the mob for blocking a corrupt utility privatization deal.

He's also on record defending Assad but that's neither here nor there.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 02:05:17 AM »

Endorsed. Fun fact, Kucinch once had a hit put on him by the mob for blocking a corrupt utility privatization deal.

You mean like he supported Saddam by voting against the $5.6 trillion Iraq war?

Yeah no

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/01/former_rep_dennis_kucinich_aga.html
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 02:18:32 AM »

You mean like he supported Saddam by voting against the $5.6 trillion Iraq war?

Yeah no

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2017/01/former_rep_dennis_kucinich_aga.html

And he's better than ISIS whom was going to stay strong if we kept funding the jihadists. Pick one, Assad or ISIS. It looks like Trump picked Assad anyways.

I'm gonna go ahead and pick door number three out of that false choice and maintain my opinion that one shouldn't make excuses for war criminals. I'm not trying to solve the Syrian Civil War here.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 02:42:56 AM »

And supporting one war criminal over another, as opposed to supporting none, makes Kucinich an FF?

Not being pro ISIS is basic common sense that you would expect from any reasonable person.

Yes. And it does not follow as any measure of common sense that being anti-ISIS necessitates being pro-Assad. Kucinich used to be a real anti-interventionist for moral reasons. Now he's a Gabbard-esque shill and husk of the progressive populist he used to be.

He's not pro Assad. He's just against funding jihadists that only help ISIS. Maybe he shouldn't have actually met Assad so that every dumbass thinks that he's pro-Assad, but he's not.

You're the one that thinks being anti-Assad = pro-ISIS...

Anyways, I didn't intend to steer this away too far from the main discussion, just pointing to an immediate fault I have with him, demonstrating fault in position and weakness as a politician, which I don't think is good for a candidate in this race.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 02:19:18 PM »

Whaley expected to drop out.

http://www.dayton.com/news/reports-dayton-mayor-whaley-expected-drop-out-governor-race/T0U2GUntaaWHUdL3O8BFTN/
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies