OH: More Money Stuff (August) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:49:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH: More Money Stuff (August) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH: More Money Stuff (August)  (Read 185007 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« on: November 29, 2016, 10:54:17 PM »

For downballot offices, I suspect Frank LaRose, Steve Austria, and Mike Duffey will run.

Why would Steve Austria be a contender for anything?  He's a has-been that never was, at best.

because all Kingpoleon does is google names.
Kingpoleon is one of the best on Atlas when it comes to benches for downballot races. Austria seems to remain very active in local politics, and I can easily see him becoming Treasurer. LaRose and Duffey  are likely to run for Lt. Gov/Secretary of State/Auditor, IMO.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 09:49:53 PM »

State Representative Kathleen Clyde seems to be the only Democrat angling for this position. She'd pushed voting rights-related legislation during her tenure, and as the Representative of Kent, has made inroads with various college groups.

Please, no. She's pretty bad. Also, where do y'all think Mandel will end up?

Clyde seems pretty good to me.  Hopefully Mandel will end up in an unemployment line where he belongs (he's all-but-declared his candidacy for Senate).

Can we have Tiberi, please? Or Huffman? Or anyone but Mandel?

How about we just keep Sherrod Brown since he's easily one of the best Senators in the country Tongue

Yep. Brown has far and away the best voting record of any swing state senator, among other things.
Brown is terrible. He's one of these.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 10:11:45 PM »

Betty Sutton will be good for our Democratic candidate in 2020 because it wasnt Clinton
If she wins... Again the GOP has the better candidates right now

Mary Taylor and Betty Sutton will be an even contest.

Mary Taylor winning the GOP nomination would be a huge upset
Right now I see this as mostly a Husted vs. DeWine race, with Taylor and Renacci simply minor candidates who could play "spoiler."
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 04:16:32 PM »

Do Democrats have a chance for statewide office in 2018 in Ohio, a 8-pt Trump state?
Depends on the candidates, republicans have heavyweights for governor and AG and if Frank LaRose wins the SOS primary I expect him to win that seat, auditor and treasurer are open
Keith Faber, for auditor, is running and is easily considered a heavyweight. H should clear the primary field, and I imagine Democrats would probably put their eggs in the Treasurer and SOS baskets with regards to downballot offices. Frank LaRose may be picked for LG, or, if Renacci retires, maybe he goes for OH-16, which does not quite include his house, but it does include much of his Senate district, unless someone else runs, and he's more interested in the state level. Didn't some other Republican already announce her intentions for SOS?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 05:00:23 PM »

Just wondering, what in particular makes Mingo a bad candidate?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 12:29:33 AM »

Taylor and Renacci should make a similar deal.

If you ask me, I think Husted’s angling for a Senate seat and figures this will hurt him less.

Nope

Husted might be angling for a Senate seat down the line, but yeah, no. Taylor and Renacci should not and will not team up.
I thought Husted's long-term hope was to serve two terms as governor, and then replace Portman in 2028.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies