App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:56:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map  (Read 35332 times)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 29, 2016, 05:02:12 PM »

Democratic Dream State of Appalachia!

I know it's not perfect, but I got tired of clicking counties...it needs a zoom feature IMO.

Gotta say was kinda surprised it still wasn't enough to flip Ohio I suppose.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 12:18:15 PM »

A 538 R map isn't possible because Clinton won the popular vote. In fact Clinton would have to win at least 7EVs in any map, since you need a state where Clinton won by at least 2.6 million votes in order to give Trump all remaining states. Such a state would have at least 4 million people, which gives it at least 7 EVs.

You can make it the capital territory to get a 535-3 R win.

You can add all but 50 R counties to DC to get a 535-3 win.....
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 04:21:33 PM »

A zoom feature would be nice, as well as the ability to add states.

I am able to zoom on my touchscreen with Edge, but not Chrome. Even then I can't get to the smallest independent cities in VA, and for some reason I can't get to Arlington county either.

Do you mean zooming the whole page similar to CTRL+(+)?  Or is there an actual zoom feature on the map itself?
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 05:33:09 PM »

The easiest way to flip the election to Clinton is give Clark and Imperial Counties to Arizona, Lucas County, OH (Toledo) to Michigan, and New Castle County, DE to Pennsylvania. Clinton gains Michigan (15 EV's), Pennsylvania (21 EV's), and Arizona (14 EV's), Trump gains Delaware and Nevada (3 EV each). Clinton 275 - Trump 263

California: -1
Nevada: -3
Arizona: +2
Pennsylvania: +1
Michigan: +1
Net +2. Ohio didn't change, Delaware was already at 3. Did I miss anything?
Here

I still like just the three county switch - Give Camden, NJ to PA, Lake IL to WI, and Lucas, OH to MI.   
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 08:45:47 PM »

The easiest way to flip the election to Clinton is give Clark and Imperial Counties to Arizona, Lucas County, OH (Toledo) to Michigan, and New Castle County, DE to Pennsylvania. Clinton gains Michigan (15 EV's), Pennsylvania (21 EV's), and Arizona (14 EV's), Trump gains Delaware and Nevada (3 EV each). Clinton 275 - Trump 263

California: -1
Nevada: -3
Arizona: +2
Pennsylvania: +1
Michigan: +1
Net +2. Ohio didn't change, Delaware was already at 3. Did I miss anything?
Here

I still like just the three county switch - Give Camden, NJ to PA, Lake IL to WI, and Lucas, OH to MI.   

You only actually need just 2 counties. Lucas->MI, and Camden->PA gives Clinton 270.

That would actually be 269-269, since it doesn't account for ME-2.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies