App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:32:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map  (Read 35403 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« on: November 30, 2016, 08:34:28 PM »

I've been looking for this my entire life. Can't wait to get started!
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 09:53:43 AM »

Want to win the election? Take my way, that's the highway, it's the best.

So I had a little fun and decided to make a superstate following the length of Route 66 (excepting Cook County to make this actually work). The results were 273-263 (I had to kill Delaware)

I made sure to not split any state, so I combined North TX/OK with KS, South MO with AR, north IL with WI (flipping it). North NM was added to CO, South CA to AZ. In addition, VT and NH were combined, and parts of DE were combined with PA and MD.

Thanks to major urban centers like LA and St. Louis, Route 66 is a Safe D state, worth 28 EVs. Hillary's margin was over 1 million votes (thanks entirely to LA county).

Other figures:

New Wisconsin is worth 24 EVs, and is also hugely Democratic.

Old Illinois is only worth 5 EVs.

North Missouri is also worth 5 EVs.

Arkansas+ is worth 8.

Greater Kansas has taken much of Oklahoma's population and has gained an electoral vote, growing to 7.

Lesser Oklahoma is only worth 4 EVs, and was hillary's 5th worst state in raw vote total.

New Texas has dimmed its margin to under a million, but the loss of Amarillo gets it to only 37 EVs.

South New Mexico is worth 4 EVs and is very narrowly democratic.

Greater Colorado doesn't gain any EVs.

New California falls to 26 EVs, but is deep blue.

South Arizona is worth 22 EVs.

Any other questions?

statefile
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 05:03:36 PM »

I got Trump under 100 with every state contiguous and reasonably sized (all 4 EVs except DC and the mid-Nebraska state).

This is the best done so far - I'm sure I could scrounge for a few more EVs, but I got a little bored and thought this was impressive enough.

I'm surprised it didn't take all that much gerrymandering - besides the West Iowa-North Missouri-Cook County state, and the Black Belt state, most states look fairly normal.

Anyone care to do better?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 03:43:28 PM »

Rough day?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 09:57:28 PM »

What have i done...?

It's only 413-125 and it's a super blatant gerrymander but lol

Link
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 07:17:52 AM »

63. It has 42 million people. Tongue
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 05:56:19 PM »

The easiest way to flip the election to Clinton is give Clark and Imperial Counties to Arizona, Lucas County, OH (Toledo) to Michigan, and New Castle County, DE to Pennsylvania. Clinton gains Michigan (15 EV's), Pennsylvania (21 EV's), and Arizona (14 EV's), Trump gains Delaware and Nevada (3 EV each). Clinton 275 - Trump 263

California: -1
Nevada: -3
Arizona: +2
Pennsylvania: +1
Michigan: +1
Net +2. Ohio didn't change, Delaware was already at 3. Did I miss anything?
Here

I still like just the three county switch - Give Camden, NJ to PA, Lake IL to WI, and Lucas, OH to MI.   

Forgot about Lake County, IL. Lucas was an obvious one, and Camden is the only New Jersey county that flips PA (forgot it), but I did get Pennsylvania with New Castle. Arizona cannot be flipped with just one county. Thanks! I just found the app. It's fun and so addicting.

Using San Diego instead of Clark is better
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies