App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:58:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: App to Redraw the States and Change the Electoral Map  (Read 35511 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: November 29, 2017, 08:40:46 AM »

My idea for superstates was that they would be casting their electors as a bloc, much like the NPVIC proposes, but only within each regional superstate. They keep their full electors by state, so the app would have to be adjusted to put back the electors from the senators. Here's what I get, following TimTurner's lead, though I'll leave it to anyone else who wants to fill in the app.

59: HI+CA
59: AK+WA+OR+NV+ID+UT+MT+WY+CO+ND+SD
61: AZ+NM+TX+OK
57: KS+NE+MN+IA+MO+IL
60: WI+MI+IN+OH+WV
58: AR+LA+MS+AL+FL
58: KY+TN+GA+SC+NC
63: PA+NJ+DE+MD+DC+VA
62: NY+CT+RI+MA+VT+NH+ME

It looks like the Pubs would have 5 of the nine regions on lockdown, you partisan hack you. Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 12:14:27 PM »

My idea for superstates was that they would be casting their electors as a bloc, much like the NPVIC proposes, but only within each regional superstate. They keep their full electors by state, so the app would have to be adjusted to put back the electors from the senators. Here's what I get, following TimTurner's lead, though I'll leave it to anyone else who wants to fill in the app.

59: HI+CA
59: AK+WA+OR+NV+ID+UT+MT+WY+CO+ND+SD
61: AZ+NM+TX+OK
57: KS+NE+MN+IA+MO+IL
60: WI+MI+IN+OH+WV
58: AR+LA+MS+AL+FL
58: KY+TN+GA+SC+NC
63: PA+NJ+DE+MD+DC+VA
62: NY+CT+RI+MA+VT+NH+ME

It looks like the Pubs would have 5 of the nine regions on lockdown, you partisan hack you. Tongue

I could swap MN for IN which would improve the range by 1 at the cost of 1 in erosity. But I don't know about lockdown. Obama won the red Great Lakes superstate both times including IN, and Trump would win the one with the MN swap. Tongue

The blue Northwest region is no walk in the park for the Pubs either. Romney only won it by 1.6% with less than 50% of the total vote and Trump won by half that margin. Fair and balanced superstates is what I say.

Another tidbit: If I swap MN for IN, then Obama loses the IL superstate in 2012. I guess that's the more impressive Pub gerrymander. BTW Trump wins the IL superstate with or without the swap. Either way that's a swing superstate, too.

What is the Trump margin in the NW region if you add the McMullin votes to his total (which voters would ordinarily vote Pub)?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies