Will the WWC become a long time voter base for the Republican Party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:37:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will the WWC become a long time voter base for the Republican Party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will the WWC become a long time voter base for the Republican Party?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 99

Author Topic: Will the WWC become a long time voter base for the Republican Party?  (Read 7776 times)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« on: December 03, 2016, 02:55:19 PM »

yes.  I am assuming you mean white voters with minimal education.  the new political landscape:

educated whites + minorities vs. uneducated whites. 

There are more of the former but the latter is more geographically dispersed so they have the current advantage.

LOL, it's cute how delusional you guys are, as educated Whites vote Republican, too.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 03:20:34 PM »

yes.  I am assuming you mean white voters with minimal education.  the new political landscape:

educated whites + minorities vs. uneducated whites. 

There are more of the former but the latter is more geographically dispersed so they have the current advantage.

LOL, it's cute how delusional you guys are, as educated Whites vote Republican, too.

And yet you guys still only won by 3 states, each with 1% or less

What, on EARTH, is your point?  I was just making it clear that any Democrat thinking "educated Whites" are a Democratic group is truly and sadly delusional.  Then you hit me with a random fact, LOL.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 03:22:47 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Yes.  I can totally see MI/WI/OH going >60% R in a close 2028 election.

We know, LOL.  You're obsessed with the idea of a Democratic Party comprised solely of educated and cosmopolitan WHITES and the minoroties they so graciously fight for.  It ain't happenin', friend, no matter how cool it'd make you feel about being a Democrat.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 12:16:17 PM »

I still don't understand why college educated whites, a group that still voted more for Trump than Clinton, are now considered the main part of the dem base. They haven't voted democrat since 1964.

Most exit polls show that at best Trump split the college educated white vote.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-election-day-2016-exit-polls-sizable-shift-in-white-1478644311-htmlstory.html

The higher up the education ladder you go, the more likely you were to vote for Clinton.

Additionally, the trendiness are clear... whites with college degrees are trending democrat, they have been for years, some years this might change a bit due to the particular candidate, but the overall trend is clear.

I would not be surprised if after 4 or 8 years of Trump if Democrats win college educated whites by 60/40, similar to how they fare with whites who have a Masters degree or higher.

No pun intended, but it is nothing short of rich that the Democrats (or at least some of the more delusional and elitist party followers like you) are now targeting the most fortunate and affluent White voters, haha.  And I'm sure even if they succeed in this, they'll still try to claim moral superiority.  But please, continue to try this!  It'll fail massively and be hilarious.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 05:04:44 PM »

I highly doubt it. Considering that Trump actually did better among higher income voters, I don't think the WWC will ever be the base of the Republican Party. Affluent white voters (outside of very left-leaning big cities) have always been the core of the Republican Party, and since Clinton really failed to make significant inroads with this group, I don't see that changing.

Yep.  There's one group that has always been a Republican group, and it's wealthy White people.  If Trump-Clinton didn't change that dynamic, I don't think anything will.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 05:20:50 PM »

I find it amusing how obsessed with this you are, RINO Tom. It's almost as if you don't want "White working-class voters" in your party. Tongue
It's more amusing that he claims to be a conservative.

Uh, ditto, dude.  And "WWC" voters are more than welcome in the party if they, ya know, AGREE WITH THE PARTY.  Restricting trade, raising the minimum wage, imposing more regulations, etc. is liberal.  Period.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 08:59:15 PM »

LOL, I don't hate poor Whites.  There's just no actual evidence of this imagined party system that - annoyingly - exists in both the minds of so-called "latte liberals" AND Trumpists.  It fits both their narratives.  Problem is it's not grounded in fact.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 10:16:59 PM »

LOL, I don't hate poor Whites.  There's just no actual evidence of this imagined party system that - annoyingly - exists in both the minds of so-called "latte liberals" AND Trumpists.  It fits both their narratives.  Problem is it's not grounded in fact.

Who defines what "conservative" means? "Trumpists" (what a stupid term) are part of the Republican Party, whether you like it or not. And tbh, I'd much rather win the Midwest than places like Fairfax or Orange County. (And why shouldn't the GOP appeal to both suburban AND rural areas?)

They can...?  And why?  I'd rather appeal to vote-rich suburbs better than we're doing, especially because it would allow us to stay truer to our political legacy...
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 12:52:37 PM »

Why does RINO tom hate poor whites?  Not nice.  We need to embrace everybody.

Because he's in denial about who exactly voted for Trump and which way the parties are trending.  If you point out the obvious fact that voters with a college degree voted for Hillary and trended democrat, while white voters with a college degree were split and also trended democrat... while voters without a college education trended hard for the Republicans... then you are a "latte liberal."  Oh and to be a "latte liberal" in his warped mind you have to support unions and trade wars and have a total protectionist economy and welfare state.  Even though this would clearly go against your socio-economic interests as someone who can afford daily "lattes" probably would rather have a tax cute than strong unions.

I think you overestimate how many "latte liberals" aren't, well, LIBERAL.  Polls show they largely support the party's economic agenda.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 02:55:22 PM »

RINO Tom, are you trying to lose the next election? Ceding even a small part of the rural vote would be a disaster for the GOP.

No, I'm not.  I'm trying to make a not-big-enough tent much larger.  The GOP can, as TN Vol suggested, continue to appeal to rural voters AND keep its more traditional suburban voters.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 10:37:05 AM »

I personally think there is a ceiling with "WWCs" for the GOP, and they're pretty close to it.  We'll definitely see in the coming decades.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 11:14:39 AM »

Bernie Sanders' message implies that Democrats can regain a lot of WWC voters. A lot of upscale white voters they have are Democrats because the party is a neoliberal and socially liberal version of a moderate Republican Party.

The day the WWC unites with downscale minority voters is the day the Democrats become the majority party. And probably within the next decade or 12 years we will see that happening.
A coalition between working class whites, Blacks, and urban voters would be unstoppable. And yet the party still thinks the future is in the suburbs?

Atlas is going to draw a "snootier" Democrat (and Republican) than exists in the general population.  Party leaders know that.  Honestly, I think there is at least as much of a push in the current Democratic Party to go in the opposite direction, and that should say a lot considering how easy it would be to scrape by defeating Trump in 2020 with a Hillary Clinton coalition plus barely enough disaffected Trump voters.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 12:48:23 PM »

Revisiting this question, what qualifies being a "voter base" for a party?  If the question is whether or not Whites without a college degree (foolishly referred to as "White working class" voters, but I digress) will become as loyal to the GOP or cemented enough into the nomination process as a monolithic ideological group as White evangelicals, the answer for me is a resounding no.  An example on the Democratic side would be Black voters.  Both of these groups are so loyal to their respective parties that the party needs to actively craft their policies to appease them, and the groups tend to often (but obviously not always) vote strategically for one candidate in primaries to achieve their goals.  The "White working class" will probably never get to that level for the GOP; it's too big and too diverse of a group, and even if our caricatures of "White working class voters" continue to remain loyal Republicans, that classification will continue to include many urban and Millennial "WWC" voters who will keep the group from ever becoming THAT Republican.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies