OH-SEN: Renacci Wins Weak Plurality (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 11:50:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH-SEN: Renacci Wins Weak Plurality (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins the Ohio U.S. Senate Race?
State Treasurer Josh Mandel (R)

U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (D)

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 172

Author Topic: OH-SEN: Renacci Wins Weak Plurality  (Read 59321 times)
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« on: July 18, 2017, 07:37:16 PM »

Brown reports raising $2.6 million this past quarter, a personal record. His cash on hand is now $6.7 mil., no numbers from Mandel.

At least we have this going for us.

I wanted to ask you how you rate this race since you seem to be someone who doesn't believe that Sherrod Brown is invincible.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 08:20:17 PM »

I can't wait to see Sloppy Sherrod spent his way into the L column.

Magnificent Mandel will take care of him in 2018, trust me! 

Ok you seem like the Jimmie of this race for Mandel, but the polls so far have given you some reason to believe he's favored, but until I see like PPP or a non partisan pollster saying Mandel +3 or more i'm keeping it at Tossup.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 09:31:04 PM »

I can't wait to see Sloppy Sherrod spent his way into the L column.

Magnificent Mandel will take care of him in 2018, trust me! 

Ok you seem like the Jimmie of this race for Mandel, but the polls so far have given you some reason to believe he's favored, but until I see like PPP or a non partisan pollster saying Mandel +3 or more i'm keeping it at Tossup.

I'm definitely biased in favor of Mandel, but I'm also overdoing it a bit on purpose Tongue

Mandel has a better shot than most people think, imo, but it's too early to tell who is really favored at this point.

Well I like Mandel, seems like he is a decent enough fit for the state (Though may be a tad to the right).  This race will be interesting to see whether Conservative or Progressive populism triumphs when pitted against one another, and to see if Ohio is truly moving rightwards.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 10:28:57 AM »

At this point in time, Brown looks to be in some degree of trouble.

Polls taken around the beginning of July show Sen. Brown down to Mandel 42-50.

Obviously, he has time to turn this around, and he seems to have some enthusiastic backing from grassroots donations, but being so far behind in polls where undecideds can't even save him can't be very good.

I think it's fair to say Brown was in trouble in 2018 no matter what, given how strong the GOP has become in Ohio, but he is a relatively good fit for the state, and Mandel is trying for a rematch.  Also early polling is a bit unreliable, if the current margin (Mandel +8 or so) continues into 2018 I will change the rating of the race, but until then it remains Tossup.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 01:57:36 PM »

I still think its Tilt D. It would be tilt R with any of the other statewide republicans

Husted maybe, but otherwise, I don't think so. He's beat DeWine before and would do so again, while Taylor and Yost would be even less of a challenge. Kasich, as you've said, would have some trouble making it through his own party's primary. Portman vs Brown would be a bloodbath, but that obviously isn't happening, and Voinovich is dead, bless his soul.

Brown has to be in top form, but Republicans underestimate his campaign prowess at their own peril.

Underestimating him would be foolish yes, and frankly I hope Republicans overestimate him and put more resources than Necessary to beat him. He's a very good possible Presidential Nom and should be nipped in the bud now before he has a chance to run.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 05:14:56 PM »

Kek
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies