US constitution (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:18:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  US constitution (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is the best option ?
New constitution

Current Constitution

Current Constitution with amendments

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 93

Author Topic: US constitution  (Read 6173 times)
Proto
Estonia
« on: August 24, 2018, 11:40:31 AM »

I have several ideas for amendments to the U.S Constitution. The one that is most important to me to adopt is:
allow Presidents to run for as many terms as they like and that the voters will accept.

Can't help agreeing with that. Obama would have won if he had run for the third term. And we wouldn't experience all horrors of Trump's rule.
Proto
Estonia
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 10:10:57 AM »

Generally, what is the likelihood of changing US constitution so that a person will be able to run for presidency as many times as she/he likes? I mean in the nearest future, 5-10 years time horizon.
Proto
Estonia
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 04:18:46 AM »

Generally, what is the likelihood of changing US constitution so that a person will be able to run for presidency as many times as she/he likes? I mean in the nearest future, 5-10 years time horizon.

The general odds of any Constitutional Amendment are extremely low. Amending the Constitution is insanely difficult, and the only reason an Amendment abolishing term limits would get rolling would be if there were an extremely popular two term president out there, and that would guarantee that the entire other party would be militantly opposed to getting rid of the term limits that are the only thing preventing them from getting wiped out in a landslide.

Well, but the 22d amendment was passed by bipartisan Congress. And Obama was very popular, making anyways a much better choice.
Proto
Estonia
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 08:52:28 AM »

The USA is a democracy, and it is up to people to decide what constitution to have. Why not create a petition to Congess? Or make midterm election candidates promise to take efforts to change the Constitution?
Proto
Estonia
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 01:28:58 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2018, 03:33:36 AM by Proto »

It's time to scrap the whole thing and go Parliamentary.
Here I disagree. Current system is well-balanced and needs some modifications realized in amendments. Actually I admire US political system. Consider it the best in the world as can compare with systems in other countries.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies