Macedonian Prliamentary Elections December 11th 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:55:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Macedonian Prliamentary Elections December 11th 2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Macedonian Prliamentary Elections December 11th 2016  (Read 1160 times)
PetrSokol
Rookie
Czech Republic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 11, 2016, 03:25:04 PM »

The parliamentary elections in Macedonia today.
Beagle
Bulgaria

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.01

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 03:30:08 PM »

If you can connect, you may watch the results as they come at the official site. Understandably, it's down a lot. Neck and neck with a slight VMRO-DPMNE advantage atm. The big story of the election so far seems to be the major number of Albanians who have crossed over to vote for the "Macedonan" SDSM.
Beagle
Bulgaria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 03:34:03 PM »

Alternative election results in Albanian, as the official page of the electoral commission seems to have gone down permanently.
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 04:08:39 PM »

Alternative election results in Albanian, as the official page of the electoral commission seems to have gone down permanently.

Thanks.
PetrSokol
Rookie
Czech Republic

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 04:13:08 PM »

Last results I was able to see: aprox 1/3 of precincts: VMRO-DPMNE 41,27 %, SDSM 36, 31%, 3 albanian parties 7 %, 6, %, 5 %
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 04:19:52 PM »

The Former Yugoslav Republic of NORTHERN Macedonia is appropriating Greek culture by being named that.
Beagle
Bulgaria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 04:20:51 PM »

Hmm, the Albanian site I posted seems to have diverged from what I can find out about the official results (I am unable to connect, so I rely on second/third hand information). Then again, the official results apparently show a combined total of 104% for all parties, which is... interesting. So either the albanians are either reporting the results from the albanian-populated areas (mostly in electoral districts 5 and 6), or, more likely, are making stuff up.

The opposition friendly sources claim that the count is almost complete and the distribution shows either a 51:51 tie between VMRO and SDSM, or a 1 seat lead for the VMRO. This doesn't square very well with the official results, which show at least 13 000 votes more for the current incumbents - but they also show a 104% total.

Btw, I wonder if George Soros ever imagined his name would become a pejorative for a vast demographic across the entire Eastern Europe.
Beagle
Bulgaria

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 04:31:38 PM »

And just as I post, the official site comes back to life. The Albanians seem to be in the ballpark at least - they are showing a 25k vote lead for the VMRO, while the electoral commission is on 23k (but also a bit behind).
PetrSokol
Rookie
Czech Republic

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 04:39:35 PM »

41 % of precincts: VMRO-DPMNE 41,33, SDSM 36,38, alb. BESA 7,23, alb DUI 6,66,  Aliance of Albanians 4,84, alb. DPA  3,16%
PetrSokol
Rookie
Czech Republic

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 04:43:38 PM »

And just as I post, the official site comes back to life. The Albanians seem to be in the ballpark at least - they are showing a 25k vote lead for the VMRO, while the electoral commission is on 23k (but also a bit behind).
It means albanian parties as kingmakers: DUp most propably with VMRO but what about BESA, AA, DPA (rather SDSM).
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 04:47:23 PM »

Btw, I wonder if George Soros ever imagined his name would become a pejorative for a vast demographic across the entire Eastern Europe.

Ponta today also said that Romanian today stood against people like Soros. This is kinda cute.
Beagle
Bulgaria

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 05:22:32 PM »

Ponta today also said that Romanian today stood against people like Soros. This is kinda cute.

I've been reading the cesspool that is Romanian and Macedonian political commentary for the past few hours, and have seen at least 40 references to poor old George...

The official site has been working pretty reliably for a while now, here are the latest results with 70% in:
VMRO-DPMNE 39.83%
DPA 2,57%
DUI 6,97%
SDSM 36,27%
Albanian Alliance 2,78%
BESA 4,33%

VMRO are projecting a 5-8 seat win, SDSM - a perfect draw. Crucially, given that there will be 4 Albanian parties represented in parliament, and given that they are all at each other's throats and there is 0% chance that they will come together as a kingmaker block, the only feasible government is VMRO-DUI. And even under the most optimistic VMRO projection, this government would rely on a 2-3 vote majority... but it doesn't look like even that is realistic, given that VMRO have been steadily shedding their lead in the past few vote dumps.
PetrSokol
Rookie
Czech Republic

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 06:11:10 PM »

82 % of precincts:
VMRO-DPMNE 38,82 %
SDSM 36,28 %
DUI 7,37 %
BESA 4,62 %
AA 2,94 %
DPA 2,60 %
VMRO z M 2,07 %
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 06:14:40 PM »

The margin is narrowing. Is Skopje the reason?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 06:23:29 PM »

woah...that narrowing.

can someone tell me if this means VMRO and DUI and some tiny party i don't know of are going to create a new government anyway?
Beagle
Bulgaria

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 06:34:36 PM »

The margin is narrowing. Is Skopje the reason?
Yes, just under 80% of Skopje is in, while everywhere else has reported in the 90s already. Based on that, the SDSM stands to gain another seat or two.

woah...that narrowing.

can someone tell me if this means VMRO and DUI and some tiny party i don't know of are going to create a new government anyway?

Well, nobody knows for sure, but it's unlikely that the votes will be there for VMRO and DUI to form a stable government on their own. The remaining Albanian parties consider DUI their mortal enemy and will commit electoral suicide if they (re-)join them in a coalition supporting a government that the Albanian areas have rejected. Of course, this does not mean that some deputies may not be bought convinced, but it's unlikely that such a government can last too long. Some sort of grand coalition is now muted, but the VMRO-friendly media I've been watching seems to support a minority government and if that is not possible - new elections alongside the scheduled local elections in the spring of 2017.
mgop
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 08:23:37 AM »

what is the deadline for government creation? and what will be consequences for dictator ivanov if he don't give mandate to sdsm-dui-besa majority?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies