David Brock & Robby Mook - Millennials are to be blamed for Clinton loss
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:50:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  David Brock & Robby Mook - Millennials are to be blamed for Clinton loss
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: David Brock & Robby Mook - Millennials are to be blamed for Clinton loss  (Read 1923 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 11, 2016, 08:29:04 PM »

Just in - Both David Brock & Rooby Mook blamed millennials for Clinton's loss.

It's crazy because Millennials are the only age group Clinton won pretty big!
Cashew
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 08:34:05 PM »

Most baby boomers should step down from Democratic leadership.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 09:24:37 PM »

Millennials want someone likable. Bernie was that candidate. Johnson was that candidate. Trump at least told them what he believed. Hillary lied to them and focus-grouped them at every opportunity.
Make My Bank Account Great Again
KingCharles
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 09:46:57 PM »

Blaming voters for failing the candidate, when it should be the other way around, is a perfect example of pure, unadulterated entitlement.

But apparently that word is only reserved for my generation for some reason.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 09:49:02 PM »

Clinton is to blame for Clinton's loss.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 10:23:18 PM »

Interesting, because as a millennial, I would argue that a good deal of the blame falls at Brock and Mook.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 10:34:52 PM »

I haven't seen where they say this.  So unless I see evidence I just go on believing your a salty bro who can't get over the past.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 02:47:02 AM »
« Edited: December 12, 2016, 02:51:37 AM by Chickenhawk »

I haven't seen where they say this.  So unless I see evidence I just go on believing your a salty bro who can't get over the past.

here ya go

Relevant quote:
He noted, for example, that younger voters, perhaps assuming that Clinton was going to win, migrated to third-party candidates in the final days of the race.

Where the campaign needed to win upward of 60 percent of young voters, it was able to garner something “in the high 50s at the end of the day,” Mook said. “That’s why we lost.”

Feeling the proper amount of shame for your candidate and her "campaign" yet?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 03:00:20 AM »

Blaming voters for failing the candidate, when it should be the other way around, is a perfect example of pure, unadulterated entitlement.

But apparently that word is only reserved for my generation for some reason.
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 03:07:38 AM »

How is this blaming people? As I see it, he's just trying to explain what happened in his opinion. 
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 03:13:05 AM »

How is this blaming people? As I see it, he's just trying to explain what happened in his opinion. 

He is explaining in a way that removes the onus from him and the campaign and puts it on the voters -- a patently ridiculous way to conduct politics.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 03:35:28 AM »

He is explaining in a way that removes the onus from him and the campaign and puts it on the voters -- a patently ridiculous way to conduct politics.

I mean, the real onus is on Comey -- and ultimately, the voters who backed Trump. I know everyone has his own little pet person or group to point fingers at, to advance their agenda, but to state the obvious, Trump would not be president if people hadn't voted for him.
Make My Bank Account Great Again
KingCharles
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 03:44:21 AM »

I mean, the real onus is on Comey -- and ultimately, the voters who backed Trump. I know everyone has his own little pet person or group to point fingers at, to advance their agenda, but to state the obvious, Trump would not be president if people hadn't voted for him.

What's interesting is that the media and political pundits constantly blame third party voters, millennials, people who didn't vote at all, etc. but never even mention that 9% of Democrats (according to exit polls, if they're worth anything at this point) voted for Trump.

I haven't heard a single mainstream political pundit complain about those 9% of Democrats. I just checked google news and it wasn't the headline for any news article. Funny how that works.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 04:43:17 AM »

Like 2000, there isn't a singlething that caused the losing candidate to lose. Comey had a role, as did Clinton's campaign, as did many other factors.

Blaming "millennials" as a group is stupid, though.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 06:20:38 AM »

9% is a huge number - A damning number.

I suspect this number would even be higher in rust belt states, maybe 10-20%. Surely this is one of the reason which cost Hillary the election in the rust belt!
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2016, 06:49:12 AM »

No, Robby, your dumbass campaign is all that can be blamed here
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 08:43:47 AM »

Neither of these guys should ever be hired again.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 10:07:44 AM »

Just in - Both David Brock & Rooby Mook blamed millennials for Clinton's loss.

It's crazy because Millennials are the only age group Clinton won pretty big!

This is why we can't have nice things.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 11:07:42 AM »

9% is a huge number - A damning number.

I suspect this number would even be higher in rust belt states, maybe 10-20%. Surely this is one of the reason which cost Hillary the election in the rust belt!

You mean the %age of Dems who voted Trump?  It wasn’t actually that much higher in the Rust Belt.

nationally: 8%
Michigan: 9%
Pennsylvania: 11%
Wisconsin: 7%

The main difference is that Trump did better among Independents in those states than he did nationally.  In MI and WI, for example, he won Indies by double digits, whereas he only won them by 4 nationally.

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 02:08:31 PM »

here ya go

Relevant quote:
He noted, for example, that younger voters, perhaps assuming that Clinton was going to win, migrated to third-party candidates in the final days of the race.

Where the campaign needed to win upward of 60 percent of young voters, it was able to garner something “in the high 50s at the end of the day,” Mook said. “That’s why we lost.”

Feeling the proper amount of shame for your candidate and her "campaign" yet?

That isn't blaming.  But continue to try and shame people.  Your so great at doing it.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 02:17:09 PM »

When an election is decided by a margin of less than 1% in three states, there are a lot of people and things you can blame.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2016, 02:20:58 PM »

this election was so effing close that literally ANYTHING could have changed it.

comey and WL are two reasonable possibilities which are not connected to the clinton campaign's own faults. there are dozens of others.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 05:13:54 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2016, 05:26:09 PM by Chickenhawk »

That isn't blaming.  But continue to try and shame people.  Your so great at doing it.
another one

"And I’m angry at the millions of disaffected millennials who sat on their hands in the most consequential election of our lives and didn’t even bother to vote.  From gay rights to college affordability to the threat of global climate change, the Trump administration will be a disaster on the issues that matter most to millennials."

I'm gonna keep posting these and other instances of Clinton hacks blaming anyone but themselves and their candidate as I come across them because it's fun, and trolling members of opposing ideology and engaging in horse-race centered #analysis are basically what this forum is about, but ultimately I don't need to shame you. You're a Clinton loyalist who believes that she and her staffers were great and wonderful and on the money, and that's going to be the least consequential person in American politics for the next twenty years.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 05:19:09 PM »

I feel bad for the Bernie people, to be honest. They think Hillary was the worst, yet their man lost to her by 5 million votes. Then, they mostly sucked it up in the general election, only to lose again. Now they have Trump as president. No wonder they're raving mad.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 05:28:11 PM »

Right, the age group that voted the most strongly for Hillary is to be blamed for her loss. Makes perfect sense.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies